Arthur Pewty, First Grow, Autumn 2021

ArthurPewty

420 Member
A big "Hello" to all and thank you for stopping by.

**This is so I at least have a first entry in my Journal**

more to follow soon ........

Ok, the majority of equipment has arrived and I'm busy unpacking and checking, not all here yet so maybe another week before I start for real but I will probably update during the week.

Here's a brief rundown on some of the setup etc,

1.5m x 1.5m x 2m Grow Tent
1 x 300w LED grow light
2 x 6" fans ventilation/extraction
Ecothrive Coco Lite for the grow medium
18 Litre Airpots
Shitloads of lotions and potions for feeding etc etc
EC PH meter

I plan to do a Scrog using half the Grow Tent this first time, (approx 2½' x 4') using the same seed strain.

Using photoperiod feminised seeds

3 choices of seed, any recommendations on which one to start with ?
If these are not right hopefully someone say something and maybe recommend a strain/type

Boy Scout Cookies Feminised
Cookies Gelato Feminised
Blue Gelato 41 Feminised

Happy to water and maintain the grow as often as is needed daily.

Kind regards
Arthur.

Welcome!!! What are you going to grow? Are you growing indoors or outdoors? Soil or Hydro? Living Organic soil maybe? Autos or photos?

Happy Growing :hookah:

A big "Hello" to all and thank you for stopping by.

**This is so I at least have a first entry in my Journal**

more to follow soon ........

Ok, the majority of equipment has arrived and I'm busy unpacking and checking, not all here yet so maybe another week before I start for real but I will probably update during the week.

Here's a brief rundown on some of the setup etc,

1.5m x 1.5m x 2m Grow Tent
1 x 300w LED grow light
2 x 6" fans ventilation/extraction
Ecothrive Coco Lite for the grow medium
18 Litre Airpots
Shitloads of lotions and potions for feeding etc etc
EC PH meter

I plan to do a Scrog using half the Grow Tent this first time, (approx 2½' x 4') using the same seed strain.

Using photoperiod feminised seeds

3 choices of seed, any recommendations on which one to start with ?
If these are not right hopefully someone say something and maybe recommend a strain/type

Boy Scout Cookies Feminised
Cookies Gelato Feminised
Blue Gelato 41 Feminised

Happy to water and maintain the grow as often as is needed daily.

Kind regards
Arthur.
Welcome this is the place to be lots of experienced and knowledgeable growers. First tip read Emilya's watering tutorial.

Shorter plants are easier to scrog by my experience. I would start with indica plants, It looks like the Blue Gelato 41 may be more indica leaning than the other two.

Ok, still tidying up a few loose ends in the equipment department so its dragging a little.

However I have been offered some Dutch Passion "Fem Auto Blackberry Kush" to try if I want. From the posts and videos I have seen they seem a reasonable first grow.

Will be planning 2 plants in 2½ feet x 5 feet (12 ½ sq feet) under a 330 watt LED, in 20L airpots and maybe Cults feeding schedule? although not sure about this schedule for auto's......

Kind regards
Arthur.

Welcome!!! What are you going to grow? Are you growing indoors or outdoors? Soil or Hydro? Living Organic soil maybe? Autos or photos?

Happy Growing :hookah:
Indoors in Coco in some Airpots, maybe on a 24hr light cycle, 2 Auto Blackberry Kush this first time. I do fancy the organic soil approach, maybe next time if this goes reasonably Ok !!

Kind regards
Arthur.

Ok, I'm officially 5 days into my first grow.

Day 0 - Wednesday evening
Started germinating 2 seeds, using a solution of 24hr old tap water and hydrogen peroxide. I dampened a kitchen towel placed seeds between then covered using two plates and into propagator.​

Day 2 - Friday evening
Transferred the seedlings (with 15mm tap root) to root plugs, still in propagator.​

Day 5 - Monday afternoon
Root is out of the bottom of the root plug so transferred to 20L airpots in grow tent.​
Coco/Perlite at approx 70/30, rinsed and charged with CalMag giving a run off ph of 5.9 just before planting.​
Running 18/6​
LED lights are 35 inches above running at 25% output.​
Temp is set to 23°C day and 20°C night​
Humidity is set to 67% daytime and 63% night​
.​
Day_005a.jpg
-
Day_005b.jpg
.​
both are 5 cm / 2 inches tall.​
hopefully things are looking ok so far.​
Kind regards
Arthur.

Hi Mate - I'm a coco grower and have used that seed company with good results
Remember with autos you don't have a lot of time for training so photos are probably better for scrog?
Those plants will go crazy in 20L air pots so I've pulled up a chair :cool:
Hi, yes you're right about the scrog on autos. I will just give it a little LST and try to go with the flow.

Although I'm worried about the 20L airpot comment, have I overstepped the mark or just made more work for myself :oops:

Kind regards
Arthur.

Hello again,

sorry that I haven't updated this grow journal, next time for sure.

Personal circumstances forced my hand and left me pretty much unable to do anything but just concentrate on the plants.

Day 61 (week 9)

Things seem to be progressing and have had no real issues.

3117a.jpg
3118a.jpg

The plant on the left above (33" / 85cm) was up and growing well from the start, although it does seem to have stretched upwards a lot more this last week.

The plant on the right above (24" / 62cm) was a slow starter and barely grew at all. It has picked up in the last few weeks with a lot of growth. It does seem a lot more compact and with dense foliage.

Both plants have a lot of buds and they seem healthy.

3121a.jpg

3122a.jpg

Have trimmed a few leaves off of the bottom of each, but these were because I think I underfed them in the early weeks and the plants pulled the nutrients out of those leaves. Increased the nutrient levels and no repeat issues with the leaves.

Apart from the mixing and feeding routine being a ball ache, its not been too bad.

Any advice welcomed

Kind regards
Arthur.

Back
Top Bottom