Artificial Frost?

ChoChoSmoker

:hmmmm: I need some help with this... I have 2 plants that are almost 7 weeks in and are within 2 weeks to harvest. They are doing great and very healthy, but ive heard of many outdoor plants that have done great after going through a 1 night 'frost' not cold enough to kill them but cold enough to make the flowers go into overtime and they push all their energy to their buds. I was wondering if i can reproduce this effect in an indoor environment. It is winter and still quite cold here, and i was thinking of just opening a few windows in an enclosed room and just allowing them to 'fridge' for bout half an hour, then putting them back in the grow room to recover for a week. I was hoping to spread it out, fridging them once waiting a week to let them recover, fridging them one last time, and then harvesting them at the end of that week since they are so close to being ready. I would appreciate any help on this since i know there are such experienced growers on here...Thank you so much in advance...

"lifes just a trail to be traveled, each turn we have taken is behind us, and each turn that is to come is right around the corner"-me:peace:

hey if i were you i would just keep away from somthing as dangerous as that.if you have a good strain and good grow set up you will no doubt have but strong enough to make you trip. so if i were you i wouldent bother. what strain are you growing out of curiosity? or do you even know:bongrip:

I'm not sure which page its on, but if you look at the Matanuska Valley grow journal, he says he stresses his plants with low and high temperatures and he has the most amazingly beautiful buds you may ever see. Sorry, the journal is like 40 pages so good luck finding the post where he says that.

They are just 2 unknown sativas from the looks, nothing outrageously good, but it looks good so far. Ive heard of this technique done, so im looking to see if anyone has heard of this done or done it. They go through this outdoors every year in the fall and ive heard of people gettin a better crop after their first or second frost. As long as its not cold enough to kill them and put them in trauma, then it should be safe enough to do, as long as the time you have them out isnt too long. But i would rather ask the experts:adore: here that i have seen grow and ask their opinion. So I would appreciate any help or info anyone might have.:allgood:

Blob said:
I'm not sure which page its on, but if you look at the Matanuska Valley grow journal, he says he stresses his plants with low and high temperatures and he has the most amazingly beautiful buds you may ever see. Sorry, the journal is like 40 pages so good luck finding the post where he says that.

hey thanks blob! yeah I remember reading that in his journal too, but i dont remember if there was anything more or less that needed to be done with it other then changing the temp, and i was def looking for a time constraint so that i dont harm the plants.

I remember him saying that he first made the room really hot, then really cold, all in a matter of minutes, but I'm not sure how many minutes, or how often.

Blob said:
I remember him saying that he first made the room really hot, then really cold, all in a matter of minutes, but I'm not sure how many minutes, or how often.

yeah i know, i just want to open the windows in a room and drop the temp to like 40s 50s for like 30 mins then back to the growroom to recover. I dont even have a notion of how long i should do it for(longer or less) so im askin around.

Here is a couple of pics from my plants, there doing good so far and look quite tasty, with lots of trichomes all over every bud :laughtwo: :headbanger: haha
52006.jpg

DSCN0741.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

Thank you emmyOmega!:cheesygrinsmiley: I cant wait to taste them!:smokin: Still wondering about frosting them though, if anyone has any advice. especially the moderators, wondering if they had any thoughts on this.

yeah it was pretty funny, the worst part was that i went back and reread the whole 52 page journal front to back and its like the last 3 pages! oh well its a great grow journal.:smokin3:

You can get the same effect if you turn off your lights and leaving them off for a week before harvest.Works great with white widow.

Sonny Cheeba said:
that 3rd pic does look rather mannish,,,is that a hermie?:hmmmm:

It was looking like it was gonna be a hermi early and i sniped some male organs and stressed it and it went all female flowers, and ive checked the buds through the whole flowering stage to make sure i caught any other male organs. If it had turned hermi it would have pollinated my other plant right next to it right? cause that one is def just female.

urdedpal said:
You can get the same effect if you turn off your lights and leaving them off for a week before harvest.Works great with white widow.

yeah i thought about doing that too, but the lights i have on it are its only heat source too, because right above it has access to an attic type space so it has great ventilation but some lower temps when the lights are off. So i wouldnt want to turn off the lights and lose all my heat for the plants at the same time. Thats why i the other way i mentioned seemed more doable for me.

Back
Top Bottom