AscendedMasterKief's Fourth Journal: KC45 Auto 2014

The weather seems to be finally getting decent around these parts, so the other day I planted one of my KC45 Auto's (regular) outside. I planted it in the pot I plan to finish the pot in. Pretty much two or three days later, and I've got a half-inch seedling. :) Oh, and this is my first ever auto plant. Let's hope this becomes my first female named plant. :) I think I chose to get the KC45, because I heard it mentioned as very fast and heavy yielding. Been tired of meager yields, and want to let the sun take over for a little bit, and some prime genetics, and relax this time. Also, I'm a bit inspired by our friend doing a winter experiment.

Okay, time for details.

Strain: KC45
Genetics: Sativa x Ruderalis
How many: Just one, for now. May plant another in a month. ;)
Medium: Soil, with some (of all things) small lava rocks mixed in, and some hand-husked (by yours truly) coco fibers (btw, I've also got a coconut sprouted; it'll become a 40-50 foot palm tree some day! :D )
Watering: so far, the rain. Once dry, tap water.
Nutes: None yet. Uncertain on how I'm going to proceed with nutes. I may hold off till it starts flowering, and then give it my "Orchid Better-Bloom" 11-35-15 non-urea fert.
Lighting: The Sun

Now, pics!

SS851405.JPG

with a lighter for size-up
SS851406.JPG

I think it's awesome, that it's so short, but already starting to grow its first true leaves, and tight up against the cotyledons. Looks like I have a tiny weed next to the weed plant. I better get it outta there, lol. No nutrient thieves!

:peace:

And everyone is :welcome:

:Namaste:

Welcome! Thanks for coming! I read up on your journal, love the progress.

EDIT: This is my 420th post!!!:high-five:

Currently, it's only getting about 3 hours of direct sunlight a day, another 2-3 hours of diffuse reflected sunlight, and the rest of the day just weak reflected light. Seems happy, though. Will try to get a pic later. Once it gets bigger than it is, it'll be easier to just take pics out my window at it, but for now, it's little, and have to trudge through a bunch of scrap metal and crap to get to it, lol. And I ain't finished even my first cup of coffee yet, or medicated myself yet. So, later on I will.

Where are my pictures!! I need to see how my children are coming along. I mean your children?... Mine...

Nice I didnt realise you had planted it outside lol but they say it can reach 7 fee I would love to see that

I'm actually hoping they stay shorter than that, because my fence is only 6 foot. But I think if it begins getting that big, I might end up moving it somehow. Hopefully it won't come to that, because I'm going to be using a tomato cage to try and train it, and keep it under 6 foot, even if I have to have it 20 feet wide in the end, lol.

Where are my pictures!! I need to see how my children are coming along. I mean your children?... Mine...

:passitleft:
Here ya go, mate!
Not the greatest pic today, but I went out there when a bunch of people were outside on the road, and my neighbors were out, so I snapped a stoned, paranoid, quick photo. :lot-o-toke:

It's about 4cm tall now.
SS851408.JPG

Haha thank you for the quick paranoid picture. It is sooo cute! You are probably the first person I have seen who doesn't add perlite.... Lol. Any reason for that in particular?

LOL. It's because I'm piss broke.:laughtwo: So far, indoors anyway, as long as I controlled watering, hasn't been a big deal. It's been raining a bit lately, though...:bitingnails:

There is a bit of lava rocks mixed in. I kinda jury-rigged it all, lol.

Nice work! I like it ;) lava rock.... That is wicked effing smart

I found perlite on the SA river today, only 8 bucks or so for a bunch of, without nutes added. That was the biggest drawback from getting it at the local HD. They only carried MG perlite, which has nutes added. I said screw that. I might get some offthe River, but too late for the pot in the pot of soil. Next time.

Perlite by the river? I thought it was man made crap lol

Volcanic glass, interesting.......... Shows how much I know!

Ouhhhh rofl.... Still you helped me research something. At least I know now that perlite is organic ;)

Going to grab more pics today, once the sun is on her. "Her" being the undetermined factor yet. It's been a little bit chilly outside at night, dipping into the 40's at night, and climbing to low- to mid-80s in the late afternoon. I think that's limiting her growth a bit. She's got short, fat leaves, like an indica, which seems strange for a sativa, but again, it could be the cool air messing with her. At the end of this month, I'll be planting another two seeds of the same thing, and hopefully keep that pattern going all year, with this an other autos I want to try out. But for now, just the kc45 outside. I tried taking some pics, but I'm avoiding using flash, so I'm going to have to wait for the sun to hit her till I can get some better picture of her.

I know I'm been mentioning "her," but it's showing no sex yet, so it's just a hopeful assumption. I don't like calling the plant "it."

When growing regular seeds that are not feminised, you will want to plant at least 2 seeds at a time. The last thing you want is to see it grow all this time thinking it's a female (which it very well could be), but then have it turn out to be a full on male.

Back
Top Bottom