AscendedMasterKief's Fourth Journal: KC45 Auto 2014

Have to list a few corrections, on how old they all are.

The big KC 45 is 45 days old today.
The little KC 45 is 25 days old today. (It's tiny, but has very pretty skinny leaves...must get pic of it soon!)
The KC 36 is 22 days old.
The bagseed plant is 22 days old.

Hello again! Before I post an update, I just want to apologize for not being around and active for a while. I haven't had much going on, but have just finally been coming out of a dark place and back into my ideal sense of normalcy. Rest assured I still love y'all, and 420 Magazine. :love:

Well, on to the update. I'll start out with the indoor kids, the KC 36, and what I'm now calling the mystery machine (bag seed kid). I've given up the desire to flip to 12/12 in any set time frame, and have decided to simply let the kids grow as big as they want to. So far, they're still quite small compared to their closet, but if I had to guess, I'd say the KC 36 is about 9-10 inches (about 25cm) "long" by now. For height's and yield's sake, I've been LST -ing the heck out of both plants, and I FIM'd the mystery machine, so they're both only about 10cm in actual height. I've been really enjoying securing them down each day, only to check the next day and see that they've grown a bit, and need tying down again. I've been finding it quite satisfying. I've not bothered counting the potential tops on the KC 36, but there are more than a few! The mystery machine has exactly four tops right now, and probably more on the way. I don't plan to top the mystery machine again, but I have not excluded the possibility. I have decided not to do a screen.

SS851621.JPG

The mystery machine
SS851622.JPG

SS851623.JPG

The KC 36
SS851624.JPG
SS851625.JPG
SS851626.JPG
SS851627.JPG
SS851628.JPG
SS851629.JPG

I have been seeing what I think is simply a result of insufficient lighting, manifesting as lower, shadowed leaves turning yellow. I've been feeding regularly (20-14-13), and have only seen very slight signs of excess nutrients, quite minimally burning leaf tips. I don't believe I've been over-feeding them, as long as I alternate feeding with watering. The small containers dry up rather quickly, so I have wanted to transplant the plants, however I foresee a few issues concerning my tie-down method and transplanting, as I'm using paperclips poked into the soil to hold branches down. I'm concerned about shocking the plants when I transplant, and am unsure if I should wait for a few days of no-LST -ing, before I transplant into 10- or 12-inch pots. I haven't checked the roots at any time, so they very well might not need transplanting yet. No matter, I watered and fed them yesterday, so today isn't the day to do it yet.

Temperature in the grow closet has been ranging between 65°Fand 80°F (18-26°C), and usually about 75% humidity in the morning (when the lights come on), falling to about 50% in the late evenings (after 18 hours of light).

Okay, now to the outdoor little KC 45 and the bigger hermie KC 45. Late last week I have the big hermie a good dose of flowering nutrients (11-35-15), and the little one, too (20-14-13). The little KC 45 seems to not want to grow at all. It's staying very small, and has had minimal growth of new leaves, despite getting more sun throughout the day than the bigger one. The bigger of the two has not gotten much bigger, but is putting on more and more flowers, of both genders. I've quit picking the male flowers off, and have decided to let it go to seed. I may plant a small army of those seeds, throughout the swamps nearby. There's really not much more to say about the outdoor plants, other than what I already have, so here are a couple pictures for y'all.

Big hermie KC 45
SS851631.JPG

Little runt KC 45
SS851634.JPG
SS851635.JPG

Little bushes forming there, nice growth on them looks healthy. I would wait until they have fully responded and acclimated to their LST before transplanting them. The outdoor KC-45, yeah I'm kind of having the same problem, just going to ride it out. Obviously not the most stable genetics, will have to pass judgement at the very end.

For the little yellow one, I would feed it a 10-3-1 bat guano, or such. Nitrogen dominant.

Nice update, glad to hear your enjoying the LST, it's fun to watch them grow and respond :cheer:

Thanks Lester. I have been doing the LST for at least a week now, and I think I'm sorta waiting for them to mature more (have alternating nodes), to know for sure they're cool with it, before transplant. For the runt outside, I don't currently have any nitrogen-dominant nutes, and no money to get any, lol. I'd rather not use urine, because it's got urea in it, and lots of salts. ***** Just had an idea: I have some instant cold packs, they're almost-pure NH4NO3 (ammonium nitrate). :D Just gotta find them. AN is 34-0-0 by weight. Should I flush the runt's pot before adding any additional fertilizer? I've been considering the possibility that there's nutrient lockout going on.

I never did find the cold packs, and haven't made more nute water for it yet, either. Today going to give it a splash of my only N-dominant fert, the Orchid Plus 20-14-13. So far I love the stuff, it's easy to mix, and doesn't seem to burn the plants unless I use it too often. It's water soluble, and I haven't been having to deal with salt buildup, that I know of. I even use it for a few non-420 plants. It's cheap and seems to last forever at the rate I'm using it.

Next week I'm planning to head to the local Orange Crate store (Home Depot) (I love the Half-Life series too much to use the Orange Box with the home depot, lol). Gonna be picking up some vermiculite for another project, and might tote some soil and other nutes home, too. Sometimes it really blows, living in a small town, only store left with gardening supplies is a big-box store.

Sorry to say John, I'm almost certain I won't be able to afford such a light. I'm still content with my indoor lighting, for now. I'll check out your grow and review though, mate.

Howdy AMK, I stopped by to say hello and like your little indoor ladies. I also grabbed some of that Orchid Plus stuff also. My mom has a bunch of it so I just snagged some of hers. It is also the 20-14-13 strength NPK. It is also "chelated" so it is in a simple state // does not need to be broken down to be utilized by the plants. You can really dilute it and use in a mist bottle daily and it will be absorbed by leaves as well as root system. Unlike Miracle Kill (!!) or a few other generic`s you really need to go crazy to burn with this stuff but you can!! I am also like you on the disposable income factor. I am a get by without person, but have great plans if or when that ship comes in!!. Very nice grow and best wishes with it !! ...Peace.....

:420: :thumb:

IMG_0004_13_.JPG

I keep my eyes on the horizon for that ship, but I try not to forget to look where I'm going, too!

Today, after closely examining the big KC 45 that hermied on me, I noticed that the number of male flowers are exceeding the number of female flowers. By a LOT. Every single calyx seems to have a half dozen male flowers surrounding it. While wishing to hold onto it, and get seeds from it, I'm not entirely sure I want to grow the offspring of this rather disappointing plant. So, without further ado, I've decided to chop it down, and start my last KC 45 seed. Tonight, I'll chop and trim, and maybe go through the whole thing picking out male flowers, and make some butter with the little amount of female flowers. Or I'll pick off the female flowers individually, and just dry them and smoke them. Not sure. But I have decided to chop, for sure. I still have the two kids in the closet (KC 36 and a mystery plant), and the kc 45 runt, plus I've got one remaining KC 45 seed, and a bunch of KC 36 seeds I may start. So, while the main plant in this journal is going bye bye, the journal can live on, and be an account of the other plants. :) Cheers!

Thanks, Lester. I'm planning to keep the KC36 and mystery machine indoors, all the way through harvest. I'd love to give them real sunlight every day, but my location makes that near impossible. The one outdoor location that the KC 45 was in, didn't get a whole lot of light, and I'm actually wondering if that could have contributed to the hermie-fication of it. Anywehre else that gets more hours of sunlight, are just on the open part of my patio, and a blind person would be able to see it, lol. So, aside from the other KC 45 runt, I'm going to keep my medicinal garden indoors. I may even bring the runt in, since it'd get 18 hours of light a day for a while, until I flip my closet. I'm going to try and remember to take some pics tomorrow, as the vegging kids are looking awesome. I ahven't transplanted them yet, but I may this coming week. Just gotta get soil and pots inside, without neighbors asking what the heck I'm doing taking all my gardening stuff indoors, lol.

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and guestimate, that I'll have about a half ounce dry from the KC 45, about half that being male flowers.

Okay, so here are the pictures! \o/

To start, here's the hermaphrodite KC 45 that I chopped. It's about a meter long, hanging in my living room. I probably overestimated the yield. By a lot. But oh well. (To the left of the stalk, and just to the right of the wooden surface, is a hanging snake skin. Not sure what species, but it's the molted remains of a very long snake, at least a meter and a half long. Florida is so exciting!)
SS851641.JPG

Next up, we have a group shot of the KC 36 and the mystery machine

SS851651.JPG

The KC 36 has indica ancestors, but is displaying sativa-like leaves.
SS851649.JPG

Here's some more shots of the KC 36, which I've been tying up, tying down, bending this way and that way.
SS851643.JPG
SS851646.JPG
SS851644.JPG
SS851645.JPG
SS851648.JPG

The Mystery Machine (not strain name, just my name for the bagseed plant) is showing indica-like leaves.
SS851650.JPG

Here's some more shots of the Mystery Machine, also tied up, tied down, and bent every which way.
SS851647.JPG
SS851642.JPG

Last night I was considering bringing the KC 45 runt indoors, but got to thinking that doing so could also introduce pests indoors. I'm leaving it outside. I don't have a picture of it today, but I am thrilled to announce that it has resumed growing! It's still yellow, though. I think a thorough flush is in order for it, then a few days of soil-drying, then some fresh N-rich food for it. Right now it is about 4-5 cm tall.

Hey AMK your indoor ladies look very good and a good call on the 45 being left outside. Go with your gut, if you are having an issue with the 45 already. Unless you have a separate tent I would not want to risk any thing to those two that have no issues. Just my luck and what would and does happen to me, is what I am going on. If you cant keep her separate I would not chance those two that are looking good!! Stay with it and ...Peace.....

Turns out the outdoor KC 45 DOES HAVE spider mites. Just thoroughly sprayed it with a neem oil mix, tops and bottoms of the leaves. My poor angel trumpet has them too, but I gotta mix more oil before I can treat it. So glad the 45 isn't flowering yet, last time I had a spider mite problem, I think was back in my first or second journal, and I ended up spraying the buds, and they tasted AWFUL.

nasty little critters!!! They say everything has a purpose and is part of Gods plan. I think just pissing you off is it with these guys. One note with the neem oil is that some of the pre-mixed brands also add pyretherins, an insecticide that is serious stuff. The neem oil clogs their pores and they suffocate and will wash off. The other is flat out poison. Just added this... she said hello!!...Peace.....

IMG_0010_4_1.JPG

IMG_0007_7_.JPG

TODAY AT 4:30

Hey there! Long time been gone, but back, and we be jammin.

Was just gettin ready to transplant my indoor plants into bigger pots, as I brought soil and pots inside last night. Lights aren't on yet, however. Till then, good morning!

I should take this time to add a short smoke report for the early-chopped hermaphroditic KC 45, by KC Brains.

After the buds were well-dried and the stems broke easily, I broke up the long stems and dropped the little buds into a jar. They didn't last long, as there came to be about 4-5 grams total. I was having a celebration, because it was a Thursday, so a few friends and I decided to roll a few doobies. All the KC 45 went into four joints, and we didn't bother cleaning male flowers out. So yeah, we smoked flowers and balls. At the same time. Taste was impressively smooth, not even a tiny bit "green." It was very potent, very floral, very herbal, and slightly sweet -tasting. Jar smell was floral and sweet. Smoke smelled pungent and herbal, almost spicy, but sweet as well. Effects were off the chain, but not entirely unaffected by consumption of massive amounts of cafe arabica that day. So, picture the setting, a 42-cup urn of coffee, little jar of pot in the late afternoon, bunch of close friends, some of whom have anxiety issues. Already jittery from the coffee, the smoke calmed us all.....at first. That's when I think the sativa genes kicked in, quarter hour after smoking two joints. We all experienced paranoia, followed by mild CEV's, and a confusing moment when no one knew if we should move around or lie completely still. We eventually went bicycling, and enjoyed the wonders of a FL sunset from the levee/Rim Canal of the huge lake in the center of the state. :) No one slept till early the next morning.

Back
Top Bottom