AscendedMasterKief's Fourth Journal: KC45 Auto 2014

OKAY! Lights went on, so I went ahead and transplanted both plants. KC 36 seems to have enjoyed the process more than the mystery machine, but I think they'll both be fine. I raised the lights a bit, to account for higher pots, and for more growth. Added a security guard, too. ;)

KC 36
SS851705.JPG

Mystery machine
SS851706.JPG

Both, with the security guard
SS851707.JPG

EDIT: I'm gonna continue to let these veg out for a few weeks yet. Not sure about tying them down more though. I probably will, but might not.

UPDATE! The outdoor KC 45 (runt) is green, and about 6 inches/15cm tall! Can't get a pic at the moment, but it seems really happy. I'll take a close look at it later (and maybe get a pic), to determine if I should add any nutes to it or not. We've had a bit of rain the last week or so, and she might not need nutes or water. She could probably use a bigger pot, though. I've still got some plain, new, generic, non-nutrified, slightly perlite'd potting soil (same as I used indoors), and hopefully another 10-12 inch pot. I may transplant her today or tomorrow, and water then, no nutes.

I have suspicions that both indoors may be male. Suspicion only, though, as they're still vegging. And I'm quite high. lol

My suspicions of the KC 36 have been confirmed, via inspection with a loupe. Mystery Machine seems to have hope, however, of being a girl.

Thanks, Lester. Been busy lately, but did thankfully have a chance to celebrate 4/20. :)

Indoors, I've chopped up and am composting the male KC 36. I've got the mystery machine on a slowly-shortened light schedule, decreasing by a half hour every couple days. Have begun flowering nutes (11-35-15.....first flower-nute dose today). Lights are at 14 hours now, and will be decreasing more and more over the next week or so, till its at 12/12. Towards the end of flower, I'm hoping to decrease it to 11/13, or even just 10 hours of light. No pics today, but I'll try to get more up this coming week. Oh yeah, I've been gradually changing out light bulbs, from 5000 or 6500k to 2700k.

Sorry been gone for so long. Got some new pics, but they're on my new camera, of which I lost my cable, and my PC doesn't take SDHC cards. Will post some pics soon, though. The outdoor KC45 is looking like it's a female, but hasn't begun flowering yet. It's about 2-3 feet tall, and lookin' like a christmas tree. :) Indoors, my mystery plant is growing and flowering beautifully, and I give it about a month to go.

I used my old camera for this one. I forgot to take a pic of the whole plant, though. I harvested about a third of the indoor gal, to let the lower portions grow to their potential. And I needed some medicine, too. I'm not going to estimate weight, or even bother weighing when it's dry. It's for personal medicinal use, and, well, it looks like it is enough to last me a little while, not to mention I'll have more in a couple/few months. The outdoor KC 45, on the other hand, looks like it's going to take another few months, at least. But the indoor mystery gal will hopefully hold me over. I quick-dried one or two popcorn-sized buds, and am about ready to sample them.

SS851837.JPG

This pic's date/time is after this post's date/time. Or maybe not. Stupid time zones.

Smoke report on the indoor mystery gal (1/3 of plant harvested, about 2 grams dried quickly). Rolled one joint out of the two grams, had about half a gram left over after rolling. Smoked half that joint with a buddy. For him, the munchies hit him so fast I thought he was running to the freezer for the frozen pizza. Never seen him move that quick. For me, I can feel a strong sativa-high, along with some subtle indica-calmness and -relaxation. Having definite energy, and I don't know if this is appropriate or not, but I find it relevent, is that I feel like if I were a male lion right now, I could take on the whole herd of lionesses. Massively horny. That's not usual for me. So some help for those with erection problems? Libido issues? I'm taking a lower cutting (that aren't showing any flowers yet, and are tiny, and were in teh dark of the canopy before, and hoping to clone it, will be naming it Fryagra. ;)

Thanks, guys! I'll be using my old camera to snap some pics of the remaining growth of the indoor "Fryagra" and of the outdoor KC45, tomorrow. Somebody please remind me, lol.

Here's photos of the outdoor KC45, which by my observation, is looking much more feminine that the last KC45, which was stretchy as all hell, and turned more male than female, but was female first, then hermied. This little gal is about .75 meter right now, and has not started flowering yet.
SS851847.JPG

This is the lower portion of the "Fryagra" mystery plant.
SS851848.JPG

I'd like to add, that despite using LOTS of "Orchid Better-Bloom" 11-35-15 fertilizer on the indoor gal, and giving no flushes whatsoever, she seems to love it. The taste sans cure is a little green, but only one of my stuck-up friends wrinkled his nose at it, lol. I gotta say, the Orchid Plus and the Orchid Better-Bloom are my fave nutes. :) That reminds me, however, that if the KC45's pot ever dries out (it's been raining a lot), I ought to give her a dose of the 11-35-15.

Sorry for not responding to your update much sooner.

Your KC-45 looks great, they do love to get big before they flower. I wonder if it has shown sex by now, usually they let off a little singular pistil or premature pollen sack at an internode to let you know, with enough thorough examination you might be able to find one.

I really am hoping to see your KC-45 flower out completely, you have my support! :cheer:

Loving the look of that outdoor plant! Been kinda rainy the last couple of weeks. How is she doing?

Sorry for not responding to your update much sooner.

Your KC-45 looks great, they do love to get big before they flower. I wonder if it has shown sex by now, usually they let off a little singular pistil or premature pollen sack at an internode to let you know, with enough thorough examination you might be able to find one.

I really am hoping to see your KC-45 flower out completely, you have my support! :cheer:

Thanks, y'all! It has been rainy, possibly what has been behind the rise of pests. Got spider mites upon last close-up inspection of it, soaked her down (undersides of leaves, mostly), with neem oil. Will be doing at least 3 treatments this week, to kill those mites just being born. Oh, the smell of spider-mite slaughter in the morning! Now I'm glad she isn't flowering yet, but it has begun exhibiting signs of femality. She's been stretching a bit, too, over a meter now. In a 10 or 12-inch pot. Hehehehe.

EDIT: I'll post a pic or two later, after I have some coffee.

In a week or two, I plan to harvest my indoor gal again, this time saving most of it for edibles. Got a friend with COPD who has a hard time smoking her medicine. I plan to simply introduce her to edibles, and show her how it's done, because I haven't got the facilities to grow for much more than myself, yet.

I gotta find the cable to my camera, then I'll upload some current pics. None of the indoor at the moment, I'll do that tomorrow or something. But I got the KC-45 tied down, because she was getting too tall. She's got lots of feminine traits, but no pistils yet. Pre-flower, I reckon, at the moment.

Well, I finally harvested the rest of the indoor mystery machine, aka Fryagra. Very sticky, trichomes were mostly white, with a few ambers thrown in for good measure, but not a whole lot of amber trichs. Very few clear trichomes. Was beginning to reveg a little, and I didn't really want that. I'm wanting to start some new things indoors, and once the KC 45 is done outside, go back to entirely indoor gardening.

This autumn or winter, I plan to upgrade flowering lights indoors. Planning on 400w HPS. Vegging going to be done still by CFL, unless I get a conversion ballast/lamp setup. I may add an air conditioner to the closet, through-wall, if I can't control temps through modifying my closet. Anywho, pictures!

Third and final harvest of Fryagra, the Mystery gal.
SAM_11631.JPG
SAM_11643.JPG

Back
Top Bottom