Ase is Back! Multi-Strain Quadlining In Coco Part 2

Hey Ase good looking start! I've read though your quadline thread a little and it's very interesting. I have never done a quadline myself but I've seen the results and they are very impressive. I'll pull up chair and learn a thing or 2 from the quadline sensei

Happy Weekend @Asesino85! :green_heart:Plants looking great! N just so you know we are currently holding a giveaway, if you are interested, you can feel free to join,

Hey Ase good looking start! I've read though your quadline thread a little and it's very interesting. I have never done a quadline myself but I've seen the results and they are very impressive. I'll pull up chair and learn a thing or 2 from the quadline sensei
Hey ase! Sounds like we are in a situation. I just recently started a journal again after a break from indoor until life calmed down. Excited to watch your journal. Take it easy - jodyhighrollr
Those ladies are looking great Ase! I think the leaves on that CBDream have to be some of the fattest I've seen yet, really excited to see how these girls grow.
Looking great, if you don’t mind I’ll tag in for the show!
Ase,

Just joined up! Was a lurker. Wanted to thank you Ase. You and your quad squad showed me the light! Currently on second round, autos this time. What fun it is!

Welcome to all of you! I'm excited to have a decent journal up and running again so I'm glad all of you could join in for this one!

Day 15

These ladies are once again showing no signs of slowing down. I topped the other 3 today so we will see if any of them stress out but judging by the way things are going they will take their topping in stride and continue on. The CBDream is growing crazy fast. The leaves are gigantic and I will have to start training her soon. The one thing that was really noticeable was that the stalks of these girls are already very thick and hard. For just a little over two weeks in, I can't recall any time that I've had this big of stalks. These girls look super healthy and the bigger the stalks/branches the more weight they can pack on so this is a very good thing. It probably results from a combination of better nutrients as well as more/better light.

48 hours ago

Today

The growth rate right now is pretty crazy. Considering that was 48 hours ago and I just had topped the CBDream and took of the 2nd nodes of all the others, I'd say that they didn't skip a beat.

Ase, we're pretty close in veg timing, and running a same strain (CBDream) - how cool is that?

I posted a little update in the quadlining thread in case you wanted a recap of what's been up with me. Crazy last few months but I'm settling back into growing again.
Good to see you again Dobe! Sounds like great minds think alike! I'll have to check it out and get up to date on the news.

Day 22

Well today was kind of an ugly day in the tent. I decided to get in and train all the plants yesterday and discovered a few things. All of the plants have huge stalks and branches but they are not very flexible at all. I think this is because of the nutrients mainly. When the branches get that hard it is very challenging to bend them without causing damage. Well I got most of them started training and then dropped my water pitcher on a plant and two of the 4 mains tore right out (this was on the Bubba's gift). Now its basically just two mains on that plant. The Gorilla Glue #4 is staying very compact so it's hard to train so I decided to defoliate all the leaves to give it some space. The leaves were just growing into each other. There is usually this awkward phase where the plant hasn't gotten big enough but needs to start being trained (on the compact ones) and we will just see how it bounces back. It's been the slowest grower so far so I'm not holding my breath. The Nepal Jam is doing really well and just hit it's stride in the last couple days and the CBDream is just growing out of control. So basically I am happy with two of the four plants at the moment. The end results still might be good in the end but I'm guessing the CBDream and Nepal Jam do really well and the other two just do okay. Only time will tell.

I wish had taken a before picture of the girls because I really took off a lot of huge leaves to open the girls up.

The leaves on these girls are huge for being at the 3 week mark. They look very healthy, happy and big!

Day 25

The girls have all really started growing but unfortunately they probably wont have my traditional quadlining shape. This are way too stiff to try and bend branches without breaking things so it is what it is! I will pay a little closer attention next time. It's either because of the nutrients or the amount of light I have now, or a combination of them both. I'm really excited to have such sturdy branches but it definitely lessened the time I had to train. Pretty happy with the bounce back though and I will likely be flipping them in about 10 days. CBDream is just taking over at this point, going to be a big girl.

The girls today. They seem to be happy! They looks so small in these big pots.
I am at exact same point as you Ase. huge pots with two leaves camouflaged among the coco(20l and Los pots(37L). I am trying autos and your method with them so cant even follow you step by step as such. I am looking forward to watching though. true master at work.

Hey brother....didn't know you were back up and running. Glad to you see growing and journaling again :thumb:
Lol well sort of. I thought I'd have more time on my hands and intended to post more updates but the journal is limping along so far. I'll get an update up today though.

Hope all is well with you and the other half!

Day 37

Today I decided to do my last defoliation before flipping to flower. I usually go anywhere between 35-42 days of veg with the quadlining method. I likely could have flipped today but I wanted to give them one last haircut and let them recover for a day or two to give any of the lowers a little more chance to catch up. Any of the lower stuff that I knew wouldn't make it to the canopy came off today as well.

So I realized I hadn't done an update in 12 days but I did remember to take some pictures along the way so I will show all those so everyone can get a better picture of what the last week and a half has been like for these girls. The last couple updates I had I really haven't been too thrilled with the way look but I am back to being happy about it. Only disappointment right now is the size of the Gorilla Glue #4 but hopefully it picks up the pace during stretch. All in all the plants have a way thicker structure than normal and I am hoping that equals some really thick buds!

So last update the plants were left looking like this. (Day 25)
This was the next day of recovery. (Day 26)
This was two days after that. (Day 28)

I did another defoliation shortly after and swapped the CBDream and Gorilla Glue #4. (Day 31)
This was two days after that. (Day 33)

Today was day 37 and they started off by looking like this.

I did another big defoliation and then were left looking like this. They look so grumpy after a little stress but as you can see in all the other pictures, they always bounce back. This will be the last defoliating I will do before flipping to flower so as soon as they look perky again the lights will change to 12/12.

The CBDream is the star of the show right now for sure. She is very ready to start flowering.
You can see here how I've removed any lowers that weren't going to reach the canopy during stretch. There is almost a line halfway up the plant where everything below that line is gone.

Day 45 Overall - Day 7 Flower

Once again I took a picture of the day that I flipped the girls but never made a post about it. This was 24 hours after the last major defoliation and the plants looked pretty good so I turned it to 12/12. I thought I was going to have to wait maybe a day or two longer to flip but they looked ready enough for me. I also have a vacation scheduled and the whole grow should be done the week before the vacation so I didn't want to cut that any closer.

Here is the picture of the girls when they first went to 12/12 on Day 38.

Here is a picture of the girls today, a week into flower.

The plants are really showing that the roots are everywhere in the pots. This is a really good sign going into stretch and flower that the roots have filled the whole pot and they know the frame of the home they are in.

Gorilla Glue still small but will still produce. Still kind of bummed that my favorite strain of the whole bunch ended up the smallest but maybe it will be like my Double Berry was and have massive colas but stay really short. This isn't a heavy Indica strain like the DB was though so I guess we will see how it all turns out in the end.

Nepal Jam is kind of in a tie with the Bubba Kush. She may be slightly larger but it's pretty close. Both look solid and are growing at the same rates.

Bubba Kush

CBDream is just plain dominating. I do really like that this is the largest one because she will be used for oils/topicals as well as for smoking flower. I expect big things from her and since she is basically right under the new light, I'm excited to see how she produces.

The really good news is that all of them are sprouting hairs and are all females! I know I use feminized seeds but I'm always skeptical until the plants really show their sex. The girls all are occupying the whole tent now and you can barely see the bottom of the tent looking down at the canopy. I will likely do a little defoliation soon just to keep airflow straight but I don't want to do anything too major during the stretch phase. In my opinion, stress during the stretch phase is the biggest error a person can make. It can really screw up flowering and the rest of the grow is the plants have something go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom