Ase's Auto Quadlining Grow

Looking great Ace! Super frosty in there. You do them auto's well that's for sure.
Happy harvests! :yahoo::passitleft:

Day 66

So I looked back at the times stated by these seed companies and most of them had them ending in the 60-65 day range on the labels. Yesterday was day 65 and I chopped the UK Cheese Auto. Day 65 was pretty much exactly what the label called for so it is the only auto that was actually done on time. I haven't done enough grows with autos to see if topping and training increase the time of an auto but from my knowledge auto's just go and you just do your best to do what you want to them in THEIR veg/flower time span which is why it is way more important to read the plant and know what to do with training autos. Training photoperiods are much easier because if you go to hard you can just let them re-cooperate and then flip them into flower. Either way all of the other strains will be going a week or two past what they called for and UK Cheese was done as called for. I do think it will be my smallest yield of the 3 so I'd rather them go longer and yield better but if timing is more important than yield then it will finish on time.

This is a cool photo of the structure but there is something to learn from this one. This is what happens when you have a plant getting taller then the rest of the bunch and you don't keep trying to tie it down in stretch. Basically I was really busy this whole grow and there was a point where I needed to spend more time down there training on her and I just plain couldn't. She could have been staked a little wider while she was stretching and she would have been a little bit more wide and less tall keeping everything even. Still I really dig the funky smell and she will yield ok in the end.

I am really glad the other 3 are taking a bit longer as they should have better yields. They are all like bushes with the Lemon being the shortest (reminds me of the short stocky plants Magoo grows). The Purple Skunk is the medium sized one and my Northern Lights is going to be the best one. I've seen Northern Lights Autos almost always do really well if someone is looking for an easy one to grow and get good results.

Lemon
Purple Skunk Mass
Northern Lights. She is still a little light green on the tops but perky and happy now. Been better about making sure she gets watered everyday and I feel like she is responding.

Looking great Ace! Super frosty in there. You do them auto's well that's for sure.
Happy harvests! :yahoo::passitleft:
Thanks! It was fun to harvest a plant. I haven't taken any down for a few months which is a long time for me!

All caught up Ase. Killin it as usual :ganjamon:
The Chief has arrived! Good to see you around DC!

Late comer to the party Ase, but gagging to see how your NL finishes.
I bought myself some of the rqs nl auto beans but been holding off while i get my space and plant sorted.
One overiding message from here and other places was 'dont top autos'.
Well they can (clearly) fuck right off after seeing what voodoo you do with them.
Will get my sog done next but after that, imma mainline these buggers, hopefully echo some of your success.
Thanks for the effort, us newbs not in the know really appreciate the direction you take the time and effort to document.
Even when life has gone and dumpd on you, your input helps.
:thumb::green_heart:
Keep on keeping on fella.
W

Day 66

So I looked back at the times stated by these seed companies and most of them had them ending in the 60-65 day range on the labels. Yesterday was day 65 and I chopped the UK Cheese Auto. Day 65 was pretty much exactly what the label called for so it is the only auto that was actually done on time. I haven't done enough grows with autos to see if topping and training increase the time of an auto but from my knowledge auto's just go and you just do your best to do what you want to them in THEIR veg/flower time span which is why it is way more important to read the plant and know what to do with training autos. Training photoperiods are much easier because if you go to hard you can just let them re-cooperate and then flip them into flower. Either way all of the other strains will be going a week or two past what they called for and UK Cheese was done as called for. I do think it will be my smallest yield of the 3 so I'd rather them go longer and yield better but if timing is more important than yield then it will finish on time.

This is a cool photo of the structure but there is something to learn from this one. This is what happens when you have a plant getting taller then the rest of the bunch and you don't keep trying to tie it down in stretch. Basically I was really busy this whole grow and there was a point where I needed to spend more time down there training on her and I just plain couldn't. She could have been staked a little wider while she was stretching and she would have been a little bit more wide and less tall keeping everything even. Still I really dig the funky smell and she will yield ok in the end.

I am really glad the other 3 are taking a bit longer as they should have better yields. They are all like bushes with the Lemon being the shortest (reminds me of the short stocky plants Magoo grows). The Purple Skunk is the medium sized one and my Northern Lights is going to be the best one. I've seen Northern Lights Autos almost always do really well if someone is looking for an easy one to grow and get good results.

Lemon
Purple Skunk Mass
Northern Lights. She is still a little light green on the tops but perky and happy now. Been better about making sure she gets watered everyday and I feel like she is responding.

Hi @Asesino85 ... excellent looking plants ... and I wish mine had turned out the way yours did!

I tried quadlining and did not get anywhere near the results you did ... but I really put a lot of effort into it!

I did find out this week that the spectrum, light intensity and light height was a big oversight on my part.

I am also noticing that I didn't let my plants spread out as much as yours.

Oh and going from quadlining to a ScrOG was a nightmare for the Bakerstreets! Ugh!

When you have some time ... I know you are really busy, but would you please pop in and check out my C.R.E.A.M. and Cheese plants ... and give me some constructive feedback so I can improve my results in my next grow!

I am going to get a better light ... but I know there are things I can improve on and I really need some help :)

Sherlock Holmes - FFOF Soil - Bakerstreet C.R.E.A.M. Cheese - Autoflower - Grow Journal - 2019 (01) ... page 12 :)

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Asesino85 ... excellent looking plants ... and I wish mine had turned out the way yours did!

I tried quadlining and did not get anywhere near the results you did ... but I really put a lot of effort into it!

I did find out this week that the spectrum, light intensity and light height was a big oversight on my part.

I am also noticing that I didn't let my plants spread out as much as yours.

Oh and going from quadlining to a ScrOG was a nightmare for the Bakerstreets! Ugh!

When you have some time ... I know you are really busy, but would you please pop in and check out my C.R.E.A.M. and Cheese plants ... and give me some constructive feedback so I can improve my results in my next grow!

I am going to get a better light ... but I know there are things I can improve on and I really need some help :)

Sherlock Holmes - FFOF Soil - Bakerstreet C.R.E.A.M. Cheese - Autoflower - Grow Journal - 2019 (01) ... page 12 :)

Thanks in advance.

First off you are growing in soil and I am growing in hydro. In hydro plants just grow faster if done right (watering every day, etc.). Hydro plants bounce back faster from training and defoliation. Couple that with the fact that you are growing autoflowers which will flower on their own, the window for aggressive vegetative growth is small. I'm not saying you can't quadline autoflowers in soil but it is pretty difficult to get plants like mine since I do coco growing. You pretty much have to have zero errors in veg/early on.

Second I am not sure what the light problem was but light is a big factor in growing. If it was too close it can dwarf growing while at the same time if it's too far away then they probably aren't getting enough light/energy. I also have ran my lights 18/6 the whole time with Auto's.

Lastly, I noticed you did a lot of tying down trying to keep everything even. At some point with autos you just have to let them go vertical. When you see them start to stretch and get that really fresh looking green in all the nodes then it's probably time to loosen up the ties a little and let them really get going vertically. I try to not get the branches too horizontal with autos either and leave a slight incline. I also only top once with autoflowers and that's it. Honestly I only top once doing photoperiods too. Topping is hard on the plants and can really slow them down. Once again not saying it can't be done but if the plants aren't in perfect health things could really get slow moving.

I can definitely pay attention in detail to your next grow and try and help. Will you be trying autos again or photoperiods? I also wouldn't worry about the scrog next time, you won't need it. It just makes things messy in my opinion.

First off you are growing in soil and I am growing in hydro. In hydro plants just grow faster if done right (watering every day, etc.). Hydro plants bounce back faster from training and defoliation. Couple that with the fact that you are growing autoflowers which will flower on their own, the window for aggressive vegetative growth is small. I'm not saying you can't quadline autoflowers in soil but it is pretty difficult to get plants like mine since I do coco growing. You pretty much have to have zero errors in veg/early on.

Second I am not sure what the light problem was but light is a big factor in growing. If it was too close it can dwarf growing while at the same time if it's too far away then they probably aren't getting enough light/energy. I also have ran my lights 18/6 the whole time with Auto's.

Lastly, I noticed you did a lot of tying down trying to keep everything even. At some point with autos you just have to let them go vertical. When you see them start to stretch and get that really fresh looking green in all the nodes then it's probably time to loosen up the ties a little and let them really get going vertically. I try to not get the branches too horizontal with autos either and leave a slight incline. I also only top once with autoflowers and that's it. Honestly I only top once doing photoperiods too. Topping is hard on the plants and can really slow them down. Once again not saying it can't be done but if the plants aren't in perfect health things could really get slow moving.

I can definitely pay attention in detail to your next grow and try and help. Will you be trying autos again or photoperiods? I also wouldn't worry about the scrog next time, you won't need it. It just makes things messy in my opinion.

I am going to move this quote over to my journal for reference and quote you on it ... this is great feedback!

I tried to do things on my own ... but I do know when to ask for help!

I am growing autoflowers and photoperiods again in the SweetSeeds grow if you want to pop into that one when you have the time.

The tying down ... lol ... I was really trying and getting really frustrated ... I think I understand we need to just lrt them grow up at some point.

I would also like to find a balance between vertical and horizontal.

Having said that ... when you look at the C.R.E.A.M. and the Cheese, are the buds too close together? That is are they going to grow properly with all those leaves around them?

Thanks again ... ttyl amigo!

I am going to move this quote over to my journal for reference and quote you on it ... this is great feedback!

I tried to do things on my own ... but I do know when to ask for help!

I am growing autoflowers and photoperiods again in the SweetSeeds grow if you want to pop into that one when you have the time.

The tying down ... lol ... I was really trying and getting really frustrated ... I think I understand we need to just lrt them grow up at some point.

I would also like to find a balance between vertical and horizontal.

Having said that ... when you look at the C.R.E.A.M. and the Cheese, are the buds too close together? That is are they going to grow properly with all those leaves around them?

Thanks again ... ttyl amigo!
They should be fine as long as you have good airflow. I do preach to defoliate when things get crowded and at least remove the big leaves that are blocking things or running into other buds but if you have good airflow then you shouldn't run into any problems either way.

They came out nice. Good job, I definetely will use the quadlining technique when I begin my indoor grows. Amazing yields will be a gift from doing that. If anyone wants to come check out my outdoor grow, here Is the link.

They should be fine as long as you have good airflow. I do preach to defoliate when things get crowded and at least remove the big leaves that are blocking things or running into other buds but if you have good airflow then you shouldn't run into any problems either way.

Hey @Asesino85 ... I should have just asked you first.

I want to do a coco grow for the Chemdawg group grow. Can you or your friends please point me to a good ... Getting Started With Coco ... thread.

Thanks.

Hey @Asesino85 ... I should have just asked you first.

I want to do a coco grow for the Chemdawg group grow. Can you or your friends please point me to a good ... Getting Started With Coco ... thread.

Thanks.
Ase’s Last journal had a lot of good info about coco in it. Also, @Pennywise has a lot of experience with coco.

Ase’s Last journal had a lot of good info about coco in it. Also, @Pennywise has a lot of experience with coco.

I'm hoping coco is just like soil except we are watering & feeding everyday. After I look into getting started, I will start looking into a few journals.

We just use a lot more nutes and water in coco right?

Everything else pretty much stays the same right?

Thanks again ...

I'm hoping coco is just like soil except we are watering & feeding everyday. After I look into getting started, I will start looking into a few journals.

We just use a lot more nutes and water in coco right?

Everything else pretty much stays the same right?

Thanks again ...
Go easy on the nutrients, you're feeding daily and nutes are readily available so you need go easy on your nutes.

Go easy on the nutrients, you're feeding daily and nutes are readily available so you need go easy on your nutes.

Thanks for that @Pennywise ... I was just wondering what concentration I should start out with.

I figured if I feed daily with a quarter value of the nutes recommended on the feeding schedule ... and capture the pH and ppm feed/run-off values then that might be a pretty good start.

The garden center here in town is open today so I figured I would go get the coco ... oh and 25% perlite.

I'm thinking I can still use the fabric pots ...

Alright ... thanks again ... I'll keep reading!

Thanks for that @Pennywise ... I was just wondering what concentration I should start out with.

I figured if I feed daily with a quarter value of the nutes recommended on the feeding schedule ... and capture the pH and ppm feed/run-off values then that might be a pretty good start.

The garden center here in town is open today so I figured I would go get the coco ... oh and 25% perlite.

I'm thinking I can still use the fabric pots ...

Alright ... thanks again ... I'll keep reading!
Perlite just makes things dry out quicker so I stopped using it a long time ago and just do straight perlite.

You should water every day with coco and I use about half strength of whats recommended for nutes. If you start to see burn on the tips you can back off and if they look a little light in color you can add more. I love coco, it's so quick to change things if they go wrong and if everything goes right your plants will be noticeably larger then soil.

Fabric pots are pretty essential as well.

Ase meant straight coco up there, no perlite. When I first started coco, Ase made these recommendations to me and I’ve followed ever since: nutes in at about 600 ppms, and water to just a little run off (~10%), to check in-going ph, but don't bother with checking runoff values unless there are problems showing. Hopefully that helps, and Ase’s multi-strain feat. Stank genetics thread has the best info, I learned so much in that journal. :adore:

Back
Top Bottom