Ase's Auto Quadlining Grow

Ase meant straight coco up there, no perlite. When I first started coco, Ase made these recommendations to me and I’ve followed ever since: nutes in at about 600 ppms, and water to just a little run off (~10%), to check in-going ph, but don't bother with checking runoff values unless there are problems showing. Hopefully that helps, and Ase’s multi-strain feat. Stank genetics thread has the best info, I learned so much in that journal. :adore:

Roll a fatty before you get started on that journal. It's long!

HH is right though, I meant 100% coco not perlite and that journal is like a bible for anyone who wants to really learn coco. Lots of good discussions throughout with a lot of very knowledgeable people. Links in my signature.

Day 79 Harvest

Today I harvested two more plants in the tent, the Lemon and the Purple Skunk Mass. The Lemon probably could have been harvested the week before but I had not time so I did them both today instead.

Lemon Before

Lemon After

Lemon Cola

Purple Skunk Mass Before

Purple Skunk Mass After

Purple Skunk Mass Cola

I'm guessing I'll get about 3 zips off each girl. I got about 2.5 zips off the UK Cheese so I am pretty happy with those numbers for autos that were done from start to finish in 9-11 weeks total.

The Northern Lights is growing like a photperiod plant in terms of how long it's taking. There are tons of hairs all compacted together and they are very white. These buds are going to be huge. I was really looking forwards to growing this strain as an auto because I have seen some really nice results and this one is no different. Now that she has the tent to herself I think she is going to really shine. I think I've still got at least a few weeks on her yet so we will see where she ends up in the end. My Cherry Bomb Auto that was a plant of the month winner for me has been my favorite auto so far but this one has a chance to beat it for me. The smell is so good and sweet. Reminds me of the smell of my very first grow which was Aurora Indica (which is a Northern Lights and Afghan cross).

Roll a fatty before you get started on that journal. It's long!

HH is right though, I meant 100% coco not perlite and that journal is like a bible for anyone who wants to really learn coco. Lots of good discussions throughout with a lot of very knowledgeable people. Links in my signature.

Thanks again ... I bought some coco and perlite last week but I am holding off for another week or so until I get my first harvest done.

Actually, if you guys have experience with trichome photos and you have some time ... I posted this to get some feedback ... Trichomes: Theory To Practice Using A Microscope, Help Needed Please. I think now it won't be too confusing because the amber trichomes are going to be easy to see.

Anyway, I will definitely put your last journal on my coco to-read list.

I will likely try coco next because I already bought some, but I was also looking at @Mr. Magoo 's work with BRIX ... and that looks promising too.

Hmmm ... no perlite ... interesting ... but sounds promising though ...

Do you guys use root mass expanders like Voodoo juice and Great White in coco? Or does it just get flushed away too quickly with daily waterings?

Day 79 Harvest

Today I harvested two more plants in the tent, the Lemon and the Purple Skunk Mass. The Lemon probably could have been harvested the week before but I had not time so I did them both today instead.

Lemon Before

Lemon After

Lemon Cola

Purple Skunk Mass Before

Purple Skunk Mass After

Purple Skunk Mass Cola

I'm guessing I'll get about 3 zips off each girl. I got about 2.5 zips off the UK Cheese so I am pretty happy with those numbers for autos that were done from start to finish in 9-11 weeks total.

The Northern Lights is growing like a photperiod plant in terms of how long it's taking. There are tons of hairs all compacted together and they are very white. These buds are going to be huge. I was really looking forwards to growing this strain as an auto because I have seen some really nice results and this one is no different. Now that she has the tent to herself I think she is going to really shine. I think I've still got at least a few weeks on her yet so we will see where she ends up in the end. My Cherry Bomb Auto that was a plant of the month winner for me has been my favorite auto so far but this one has a chance to beat it for me. The smell is so good and sweet. Reminds me of the smell of my very first grow which was Aurora Indica (which is a Northern Lights and Afghan cross).

Absolutely awesome!

I get it ... I need to let them grow out ... and up ... leaving room in between the stems for the colas to swell.

I found your other journal too ... I just need to get through @EastCoastGhost 's first ... and then I'm into yours. He's doing a Dr. Seeds grow ... and I'm interested in getting their Cement Shoes strain if they turn out to be a reputable seed provider ... Dr. Seeds is relatively new and some of us weren't sure of their quality yet :)

Hopefully I can get through them both this weekend!

Thanks again ... I bought some coco and perlite last week but I am holding off for another week or so until I get my first harvest done.

Actually, if you guys have experience with trichome photos and you have some time ... I posted this to get some feedback ... Trichomes: Theory To Practice Using A Microscope, Help Needed Please. I think now it won't be too confusing because the amber trichomes are going to be easy to see.

I will likely try coco next because I already bought some, but I was also looking at @Mr. Magoo 's work with BRIX ... and that looks promising too.

Do you guys use root mass expanders like Voodoo juice and Great White in coco? Or does it just get flushed away too quickly with daily waterings?
Absolutely awesome!

I get it ... I need to let them grow out ... and up ... leaving room in between the stems for the colas to swell.

I found your other journal too ... I just need to get through @EastCoastGhost 's first ... and then I'm into yours. He's doing a Dr. Seeds grow ... and I'm interested in getting their Cement Shoes strain if they turn out to be a reputable seed provider ... Dr. Seeds is relatively new and some of us weren't sure of their quality yet :)

Hopefully I can get through them both this weekend!
I believe Ase uses Great White. That’s a great product.
@MrSauga also has a cement shoes grow journal if you were interested in seeing his as well!

I use both the Great White powder as well as Rapidstart which is a liquid version of a root enhancer.

Congrats on the harvests Ace! Gorgeous autos, loads of quality bud.

Day 91 Northern Lights Auto

My Northern Lights is definitely taking it's sweet time right now. She just keeps getting bigger and bigger so I am happy but glad I wasn't hoping for her to finish in the 60 days the seed company says it will. I still think she has a while to go to so I'm expecting another few weeks out of her. There are still tons of white hairs and she is still drinking as much as she has been so no signs of slowing down. I think she will have a monster yield in the end.

Kind of a crappy way to end a journal but the Northern lights colas got really floppy and I never got a good end picture of her. She's drying now and I'm getting ready to clean up and start another grow soon. I will be back to photoperiod plants for this one but hopefully I was able to show people that auto plants can be quadlined too!

Thanks to all who followed this journal. I know it was far less intense compared to my other ones but it was really all time allowed for me to do this summer.

Does any one have a good link to a tutorial or videos on Quadlining. I am a newb and will be doing my first indoor grow and have only grown in a green house once. I have looked at a couple threads so far but a tutorial or video would give me a better idea about what to do. Thanks
Ase has a couple of good links in his signature. I’d recommend the ‘multi-strain featuring stank genetics’ as well as the ‘quadline community thread’. The multistrain one is I learned the most from, personally.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I'm late to the party, having only joined here a couple of months ago. I found this journal very educational and inspirational with such clear and concise pictures and comments for every step of the process. I'm a beginner auto grower, so this is super relevant, and I'm thinking I'll try quadlining a couple of autos in a few months.

Thank you Ase! :thumb:

Hey guys, I am new to the forum and fairly new to indoor growing. I have grown outdoors for nearly 20 years but always in Some commando style deep in a swamp due to the laws, which have thankfully now turned in my favour. Long story short I have been doing nothing but reading for the past 3 weeks and have found so much useful information on this forum that I can’t thank you all enough for taking the time to post. I have made way more mistakes in the past then I have had successes and I’m hoping to flip that around now that I have a tent going. I am growing in promix HP in 3 gallon fabric pots. I have always read to let the medium dry out in between watering to avoid over watering. Have also read that this is not entirely necessary when growing in promix as it is almost like hydro. What I don’t understand is how can you water every day in coco and not Drown the roots. I think I can water more often than I currently Have been but do not want to overdo things and slow down growth. Anyway, thanks again for all the info and happy to be part of this community!!

Back
Top Bottom