Yeah I think I need to add some flavor to the line up. I need something with equal P and K. I'm thinking liquid look bloom it's 0.10.10

I think that is a good call. I know Sensi has their own lineups of boosters but I think it gets expensive. Remember I am not promoting General Hydroponics as the best. They just work really well for how much they cost in my opinion. Kinda like my Mars Hydro lights. They aren’t the best but bang for your buck for non DYI-ers, they work great. Everything needs to be looked at in perspective. Any PK boost you give them about midway into flower will help. As I like to say, it gets you into the ballpark and that’s all that really matters.

Ase. I am trying to wrap my head around what i have read an learned, a great deal of that from you. I will spitball a little on where my head is at the moment. This is just theroretical on my part. Just interested on what you think about my thoughts.

The ratios for the AN sensi line is actually 4-0-0 and 0-4-5 for the PH perfect coco versions and we are both using coco. I do agree about your N-P-K analysis and timing durring the grow needs to vary and you masterfully laid it out but it may vary between manufacturers. AN is a cheleated formulation where others may not be which means the nutes may be available in a greater PH range thus change uptake rates.

The EC/ppm measurments may vary between manufacturers as far as actual N-P-K levels. The meters measure current loss/gain across the electrodes. Salts are used to suspend nutes. They increase the conductivity over straight water and we can measure that. Now add iron. Iron conducts at a different rate than salt disolved in water so the EC will not correlate between nutes that have X amount vs those that have none or X +/- amounts will read different on the meter.

The reason i am pondering all this is i was running Fox Farm coco nutes last grow and switched to AN Sensi PH perfect coco this time. There is no comparison in the plant growth and structure. 4 weeks into veg and i have main stalks the size of my thumb and branching the size of pencils with leaves the size of my hand with different EC/ppm levels from the Fox Farm mix.
Last grow i just let them veg a bit longer. Where i think i left some on the table was nutes in bloom. I will work on that when i flip this weekend. :)

Thanks again for this thread as it has me thinking about stuff i never considered on my first grow.

Okay I love this guys. Great stuff. @SamSmith I had no idea about any of that. And it explains why my iron containing nutes boost TDS so significantly! I guess I was way off on my methods there. Huh?

No worries I'm going to correct that as much as possible today.

So @Asesino85 is it okay if I use a tiny kool bloom in stretch just to even out my NPK ratio?

Dab, In all honestly I have not had a chance to read what you are doing because I just don't have much time online lately. That is why I am not running a journal. Wife is out of town so I have some time to post.

When Ase says he is not selling GH product or being paid I think that he is just saying that he has nailed a GH feeding schedule and it works for him. He certainly has backed it up. :) I just am not sure it translates to other manufacturers product directly.

I am trying to learn what works for me and am trying to pick his brain on the hows and why's. Cultivator is another coco grower who is phenomenal in his methods/yields as are others on this site. Soil, Coco, Rockwool, DWC there are aces (no pun intended) in every method and strategy. The stumper is that not too many of us is willing to run a grow with one strain/clones at the same time with different nutes to actually have measurable results with control plants and different nutrient makeups.

At the end of the day this is fun research in that we get to sample our experiments. ;)

Yeah I follow cult pretty closely also. I was in hempy last round. But just coco now. I'm sure we'll do okay. If I can lockout, recover, and pull weight I think it will only be better from here!

I just want to learn from the best so I can always be improving. #lifegoals

I think all points being brought up here are valid. I think N-P-K ratios should be consistently throughout all nutrients as it is the correct balance of each. I don’t know enough about other nutrient lines as I have never used them. I will be trying different nutes at some point and in anxious to break it all down and do a lot of math to figure it out. Ultimately you want to boost calcium when they are seedlings, Nitrogen in veg, even ratios during transition, boost Potassium just after stretch and then boost Phosphorous shortly after that and then flush.

I’m sure all the nute lines have different PPMs based on the types of synthetic or organic minerals. I had told Newty to just run what the bottles recommend and try to find ways to boost things at certain times. Just pay attention to the plants! If they show burn then just back off. That’s the nice part of coco, you can change problems in a day or two.

At some point, likely when I am looking for a new nute line, I will do a breakdown to see what each line recommends (on the bottle). Then I’ll calculate NPK ratios just to see what that recommendation entails. I’d then look at heir additives and see what I could do to manipulate it. Unfortunately my time is very limited this month so it’ll be put in the back burner.

Dab, In all honestly I have not had a chance to read what you are doing because I just don't have much time online lately. That is why I am not running a journal. Wife is out of town so I have some time to post.

When Ase says he is not selling GH product or being paid I think that he is just saying that he has nailed a GH feeding schedule and it works for him. He certainly has backed it up. :) I just am not sure it translates to other manufacturers product directly.

I am trying to learn what works for me and am trying to pick his brain on the hows and why's. Cultivator is another coco grower who is phenomenal in his methods/yields as are others on this site. Soil, Coco, Rockwool, DWC there are aces (no pun intended) in every method and strategy. The stumper is that not too many of us is willing to run a grow with one strain/clones at the same time with different nutes to actually have measurable results with control plants and different nutrient makeups.

At the end of the day this is fun research in that we get to sample our experiments. ;)

I think you’ve nailed it. The best way to test is to take 4 clones from the same plant and grow them all out with different nutes. I know if you did a big picture analysis you would find a lot of similarities but how they exactly translate from brand to brand is the unknown. However I do believe that across the board that you aren’t maximizing plants by following manufacturers instructions and ratios on any line.

I always recommend growing once with their instructions and pay attention to the certain phases in a grow cycle and what the plants look like. If I boost something like potassium then look at their additives and see what is similar. Newty did this on her last grow and I think figured some things out like needing a PK booster and some other things. She will have a better grow this grow with her additives!

I am really enjoying watching you guys take the next step in growing by trying to figure out new schedules. It’s really fun to watch and the discussions are spot on. Can’t wait to see the results and findings from you guys as you experiment and tweak other nute lines. It increases all of our knowledge on he matter when people take risks and try new things. Hopefully all in a positive manner as I’d hate to see people have a bad experiment and lose some plants but learning can be tough sometimes. A little experiment gone wrong now might learn a lesson for a lifetime and I don’t know about anyone else but I’m pretty sure I’ll be growing for the rest of my life.

I don’t see why not but I wouldn’t go overboard.
I posted in my journal Ase but the closest I could get them was 3.3.4

So I'll keep them there for week 1 then bring up the K, like you suggested after that. I have some TERPINATOR they sent me as a sponsorship deal so I can easily use that to raise only k (0.0.4) or even my the grow from my AN 3 part (1.0.4)

I left my TDS a little low so I can alleviate any possible build up. I may ramp it back closer to 600 by this weekend

I am really enjoying watching you guys take the next step in growing by trying to figure out new schedules. It’s really fun to watch and the discussions are spot on. Can’t wait to see the results and findings from you guys as you experiment and tweak other nute lines. It increases all of our knowledge on he matter when people take risks and try new things.

It gets addictive in a big way real quick. Taking this summer off the ole brain will be cooking thinking about what if's for fall/winter.

Hopefully all in a positive manner as I’d hate to see people have a bad experiment and lose some plants but learning can be tough sometimes. A little experiment gone wrong now might learn a lesson for a lifetime and I don’t know about anyone else but I’m pretty sure I’ll be growing for the rest of my life.

I am all in for at least trying. I just started partaking again about a year ago so what I have with what I am rushing through puts me in a position that if I loose a plant to science going forward so be it.

I cant reply to anything else at this time...... sampling the last harvest is kicking my arese,

It gets addictive in a big way real quick. Taking this summer off the ole brain will be cooking thinking about what if's for fall/winter.

I am all in for at least trying. I just started partaking again about a year ago so what I have with what I am rushing through puts me in a position that if I loose a plant to science going forward so be it.

I cant reply to anything else at this time...... sampling the last harvest is kicking my arese,

Congrats! I am just headed down now to jar mine up and sample some. Have an odd feeling I’ll be right there with you!

Day 28 Veg Tent A - Day 34 Flower Tent B

First off I might not be posting a ton over the next week or two. My computer took a crap and so I’m just left with my phone. If I update it might be short and sweet. It takes a long time to do all this just on my phone.

Onto the good news. My last grow is all jarred up now and I did better then I thought I would. 435 grams. 133 for the Blue Dream. 132 for the Super Iced Grapefruit. 107 for the Crown Royale and 63 for the Green Crack. I can’t wait for it to cure as it all smells incredible. So close to my goal of 448 grams, even with the small Green Crack. I know I’ll get it this next run if there are no major problems.

The veg girls are recovering from the training. In the next few days they will really start growing fast. Already starting to see that bright green all over on the inner part of the leaves. Should be flipping in about 2 weeks or so.

The flower girls are all looking happy and healthy. Things keep going as planned and I’m digging it.

Anubis
Tutankhamon
BlackJack
Critical Cheese
The whole family

Hello, Ase. I'm jumping in for this ride, happy you started a new journal cause the last one was really, really long to start reading from start and I'm thankful you gave a short description of all the important thing so far in this one.

I'm currently scrogging but always open to new techniques and methods so I'm eager to see more of this!

Your veg girls look great. Mine are so far behind. They're progressing more quickly now, but I haven't even started tying them down yet. The T5 performance can't hold a candle to the LED.

As for your flower girls... wow. Critical Cheese is massive. Those Critical genetics seem to grow big plants... the one I had to turf was the biggest of the bunch for me when I culled them.

Sidenote / question: I'm having some early potassium deficiency signs by my assessment on my Royal Gorilla. It might be calcium but I think it's K. In any case, it doesn't seem to be advancing quickly. I moved onto the week 6 feeding and let my pH wander up to 6.1 the last couple of nights to make some of the nutrients more readily available, and to give some extra PK in case she's a heavy feeder. Just wondering if you have any thoughts. None of the other plants have the same symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom