Hey Mr. Magoo, your ability to only take a couple puffs here and there probably keeps your ECS very alive and waiting for inputs, great on you! Northern Lights is one of my faves to grow so far. EspeciLly outdoors cause there’s hardly any smell at all...until you get to rubbing on her a little. :)

Some really wild strains and crosses VS! I’ll have to swing by your place and catch up on whatcha got going on. I’ve been meaning to jump into your writings as I believe you are a relatively long time Doc Buds soil guy right? I’m just getting my feet wet with the kit. There is so much to read and Doc has some great content on here. I feel like I’m working towards my masters in potology with all the research I’ve been doing :pMy soil Has been cooking for 26 days and I’m waiting for a delivery from Seedsman to start a couple of seeds. I’m going with 10 gallon final pot size. 1 gallon first, of course.

No, I don't use Docs kit. I make my own soil, which is high leaning towards "hi-brix" but I am lazy and like water only so I don't do any foliars or drenches or anything else. I put everything in the soil when I mix it.

I do the occasional top dressing of stuff a specific times to keep the soil energy up, but thats about it. Similar but very different. No bottled nutes if I can help it. I do have a bottle of Cal-Mag that I have had to use since I forgot to put Epsom Salt into my soil when I initially mixed it (my primary source of Magnesium). But aside from cases where I screw up, I don't used bottled stuff. That was my end state when I started the journal in soil.....create a soil that I can get from seed to harvest with water only.

No, I don't use Docs kit. I make my own soil, which is high leaning towards "hi-brix" but I am lazy and like water only so I don't do any foliars or drenches or anything else. I put everything in the soil when I mix it.

I do the occasional top dressing of stuff a specific times to keep the soil energy up, but thats about it. Similar but very different. No bottled nutes if I can help it. I do have a bottle of Cal-Mag that I have had to use since I forgot to put Epsom Salt into my soil when I initially mixed it (my primary source of Magnesium). But aside from cases where I screw up, I don't used bottled stuff. That was my end state when I started the journal in soil.....create a soil that I can get from seed to harvest with water only.
Phenomenal plan and one I can totally relate to. I’m gonna see if I can manage the foliars and drenches. I have some autos in FFOF with osmocote right now and I just water so far.

Chapter 2: The return of the quadline!

I heavily contemplated starting an entire new journal but this one feels like home so I am just going to use Newty's format and go with another Chapter. Last night I chopped down all the ATF and popped my new beans. Since I have nothing going on in one of my tents right now I just left everything running and decided to germinate the seeds in there since it's a controlled environment.

The way I germinate is simple. I dunk paper towels in warm water with a little root enhancer put in the water. Squeeze the towel so it's damp but not soaked in the water and then put the seeds on and fold one end over the other. Place in a small plastic baggie. I then wrap the baggies in dish towels and put on top of a DVR or computer or something that pushes out a bit of warm heat. The towels help keep the light out and sort of incubate the seeds. Other than the Durban Poison which are known for being really finicky, I have had 100% germ rate with these. This time I had a heat mat that I never really use so I decided to use it to help.

Decided to go with this line-up:
1 Gorilla Glue Fem by Feminised Seeds- Will go in tent after Multi-Strains are done by itself.
1 Red Diesel Fem by Barney's Farm
1 Girl Scout Cookies Fem by ApeOrigin
1 Triple Cheese Fem by Barney's Farm
2 Durban Thunder F*ck Regs by Stank Genetics- Hoping for one female. If both are male I'll just grow the other 3 by themselves but I do not want to have issues with having too many plants and having to stall some due to space.

I really look forward to getting back to quadlining and will really be focused on the training elements of this round. I will try and be as detailed as possible with how I do everything in terms of training and just give a brief overview of other things that I've likely mentioned before but are really important.

The Multi-Strain girls also got some attention and are looking good. Starting to see frost and white hairs everywhere.

Durban Poison is just wild. I can't even imagine what I am getting myself into growing a cross of this and ATF! Lol. I will be tying that one down tight!
Honeysuckle
Aurora Indica

Great review Ase! Got some of those for the summer 19 grow!

Quick question. The G13 Haze I’m growing....got the branches tied down. But the pipe cleaners apparently have dug into the branches as it has grown. I went to pull the ends down to continue the training out towards the edge of the pot. Split both of the branches where the ties were. I taped them up and today they are growing upwards again. My plan is to carefully switch the pipe cleaners out for the rubber coated garden wire. But I’m wondering if any training will be possible for those branches after being split. It was bad. Just not sure what to do going forward training wise.

Good morning gentleman I hope you having a pleasant weekend.

It's 2.30am and I'll make more a racket with the dogs if I go snap a pic outside. So I have snapped 2 specific arms on my quad more than once now as I took the pipe cleaners off to work the arms abit and readjust befor tightening but keep repeating dumb mistake.
But I've been putting a splint on the injured limb and apply fresh aloe sap to help heal and works like a charm, break heals over with a knotty bit forming......

Hey Ase! Glad to be here with all the fine peeps and ready to take notes.
I’ve got Dutch Passion Durban Poison coming and I think I scored a freebie of Nirvana’s Aurora Indica as well.
I’ve heard Durban can be finicky, any germination tips? I’ve never consumed Durban Poison but I was thinking I’d pop a bean and if I get a healthy one, take a cutting or four. Any tips on the Durban chemovar would be awesome.

Hey Ase! Glad to be here with all the fine peeps and ready to take notes.
I’ve got Dutch Passion Durban Poison coming and I think I scored a freebie of Nirvana’s Aurora Indica as well.
I’ve heard Durban can be finicky, any germination tips? I’ve never consumed Durban Poison but I was thinking I’d pop a bean and if I get a healthy one, take a cutting or four. Any tips on the Durban chemovar would be awesome.

Sacrifice your first born child to the ganja Gods. I dunno man, my friend and I both had issues germinating them when normally we never have issues. Keep the area warm and hope for the best.

I grew out Dutch Passion's Durban, in fact thats the mom in the the Durban Thunderfuck that Ase is growing.

She was pretty easy to grow. Germination was the slowest of all the strains I started that grow, probably a day slower than the other 3 strains if my memory serves me correct. Other than that she was a breeze to grow. She was grown in a water only soil and I topped her and kept her low along with the ATF I was growing into a scrog so there wasn't much to it. She turned purple near the end. She finished in the 55-60 day range (I did split harvest and really couldn't tell much difference). The 55 day was a bit speedier than the later harvest. But if you overdo it with either harvest that speediness gives way to "holy crap I am high as hell, I need to sit down". I found that was generally about 4 hits for me being the cut off (but I have a higher tolerance than most). If I went more than 4.....I didn't get the stuff done that I thought I would. Mine had a very floral smell, extremely stong, almost like that pot-pore stuff. I didn't get the anise scent that the strain can be famous for.

I have 4 of the DTF going right now. I am loving the structure on them early on. Very even and uniform growth on the 4. They should be showing sex here soon, with in the next 5-10 days. Very much looking forward seeing how Ase's DTF grow out and do in his quad. Maybe I will even do a quad on one female if I get at least 2 out of the 4.

Sorry, medicated post. I think you will enjoy their Durban. I will say I have heard that there was some Afghani worked into their version and I certainly believe it based of how it grew and how it smokes if you over do it. She loses he sativa side and that Afghani undertone will come through pretty hard. If I take 2-3 medium bong hits, she is like a nice shot of espresso and I generally get a lot done around the house.

That looks like a good lineup. Any particular reason why you chose Glue and Cookies from those breeders? I’ve been meaning to get some Cookies seeds.

I find it so hard to lock down the lineup. So many strains, so little time.

None whatsoever. The Cookies was a freebie and I've always wanted to grow GSC. Feminised Seed Co. might be one of my favorite seed companies. Most of the stuff I have grown from them has just been high quality and great yielders. Stank Genetics I chose due to always wanting to do the best I can to support what goes on in these forums. The Stanks are good friends and I will be trying to keep some of their stuff in every lineup until I run out of new things to try from them! I've had pretty dang good luck with Barney's Farm's too and they sent me some promotional stuff so I figured I'd throw those in there. Other than Stank's DTF, I just chose based off of strains and not companies.

Even running two tents I can't seem to find enough time in a year to grow all the ones I want to. So many choices to try and decide from. What used to be a little bag that I kept all my seeds in has turned into a desk drawer full of seeds so it doesn't get any easier to choose every round either. #1stworldproblems.

Sacrifice your first born child to the ganja Gods. I dunno man, my friend and I both had issues germinating them when normally we never have issues. Keep the area warm and hope for the best.
Haha thanks man! My firstborn is a student at UCSD and smarter than I could ever hope to be! (Thanks for donating your DNA to the mix hun!)
I don’t want him gone! Plus he’s my guinea pig for edibles lol

I grew out Dutch Passion's Durban, in fact thats the mom in the the Durban Thunderfuck that Ase is growing....

Dude thank you for the medicated post! I printed it out for when I run the strain I’ll have it as a reference. Thank you.

Excited to be apart of the upcoming quad journey Ase ! Got my notepad and pen ready for note taking!
:passitleft: Let’s start this off right though shall we !
Same, glad to be a witness!
Hope y’all are doing well. :popcorn::circle-of-love:

Multi-Strain and Germination Update

The new seeds have all mostly popped and had a small taproot coming out of them. The only two that didn't were the DTF. I remember the ATF were the same way on being the last to pop so will be interesting to see if the Stankberry have the same trait when I grow them. Pre-charged the coco with a 1-1-1 ratio of N-P-K with cal-mag and Rapidstart. I don't really include those two items in the 1-1-1 N-P-K calculation so I know it will be more heavy on Nitrogen but that's what plants like in veg. Specifically seedlings want calcium early on but Nitrogen is right around the corner so no big deal that there is extra. It probably ends up being more like 2-1-1. I'd also say my PPM is about 150-200 (Using General Hydro Nutrients. Still unsure about other lines and the correlation to ppm at this point). Also I put a little Great White powder in each of the holes and drop the seedling in carefully with the taproot facing down and lightly cover. The coco should be damp and precharged already so no need to add anymore liquid at this point. Now the waiting begins, and one of the toughest parts because you can't see what is going on! I've seen people germinate in clear cups before with holes in them (the bottom for drainage) so they can see the roots develop. The catch is to drop them in red solo cups (also with drainage holes) to block the light from getting to the roots and then you can easily pull it out and look! At this point I've germinated enough plants to have patience but I highly recommend that idea to people who don't have the patience or are new growers and want to see what is going on.

Nothing new on the Multi-Strains but figured I could throw a few better cola shots up.

Durban Poison is like growing ATF all over again. You can tell it is going to be a straight up sativa.
Honeysuckle is just a tad shorter than the Aurora Indica but is the bushiest of all of them. I'm interested to see the yield on this one in the end.
Aurora Indica reminds me most of something that I would see in @newty 's tent. I stripped her pretty good and cut off a lot to just leave the 4 main branches. These are going to be huge colas, they are already double the thickness of either of the other two. It was falling over already so I drove a bamboo pole into it and tomato wired all 4 colas to hold her up.

Bam! Now that’s a nug!

This is extra exciting because I have 2 aurora Indica seeds from Nirvana! I plan on dropping one in my first line up next year with the AP #doubleindica

Also I’ll drop these here for peeps since I just did a bunch of cloning. Clear cup in coloured cup method (he uses red, newty uses pink and purple) either works :D
7AD23E0F-36AE-4940-980D-B6694F034F74.jpeg
4273D12B-5A80-4EFE-BAD5-2C7DB8E96EDB.jpeg
529599C8-E04B-4CBE-96E8-695405084A6C.jpeg

Good for germinating and cloning! And if you get slightly smaller plastic clear cups you can pop holes in those and now they have humidity domes.

Back
Top Bottom