The Equipment and Lineup for this round

If you have followed me before the equipment hasn't changed a whole lot. I will not be using racks and a drain table this time around but rather using saucers. I used to run more of a drain to waste system but now I get just a little runoff when I feed so I put the racks and drain tables into storage. If I get too much runoff I can suck it up easily with the wet/dry vac. At some point I may move back to racks and drain tables but I think I can handle it without. Tent's 1 and 2 are both grow tents and the 3rd tent is mainly for drying.

Tent 1
Viviosun 48" x 48" x 80" Mylar Tent - Best tents I've tried. Absolutely recommend them.
Mars Hydro Reflector Series 144 Lights x2
iPower Carbon Air Filter attached to an Apollo Horticulture 6" Inline Fan with built in speed control
Holmes lil blizzard 8" Oscillating Table Fan X2 (hung by bungee cords and zipties)
3 Gallon Airpots
Coco Coir
Hydrofarm plant saucers to catch runoff
Bungee cords (variety of sizes, use them for hanging things)
Zipties (these make life so easy, you'll find a million uses for them)
Apollo Horticulture Grow Light Rope Hanger 1/8" with metal gears x4
Surge Protector
Western Caliber IV Hygrometer
Wet/Dry vacuum

Tent 2
Viviosun 48" x 48" x 80" Mylar Tent
Mars Hydro Epistar 160 Pro Series II Lights x2
iPower Carbon Air Filter attached to an Apollo Horticulture 6" Inline Fan with built in speed control
Holmes lil blizzard 8" Oscillating Table Fan
Vertical oscillating fan
3 Gallon Airpots
Coco Coir
Bungee cords
Zipties
Surge Protector

Tent 3
Vivosun 48" x 24" x 60" Mylar Tent
Generic clip on fan
Mini dehumidifier
Can hook up a Mars Hydro Epistar 160 Pro Series II if I need it to act as a veg or seedling tent for a few weeks.

Not a recent picture but one it's basically just a drying tent

The Lineup
After a little hiccup with my last round of germination (used a new heating mat and got too hot and killed my seeds) this is the round I am going with.

1 Double Berry Fem by Feminised Seeds
1 Tangerine Dream Fem by Barney's Farm - Will likely go in a tent by itself for a one plant in a 4'x4' style grow.
1 Girl Scout Cookies Fem by ApeOrigin
1 Purple Trainwreck by Humboldt Seed Org
2 Durban Thunder F*ck Regs by Stank Genetics - Hoping for one female. If both are male I'll just grow the other 3 by themselves. If I get 5 I will have a decision to make on keeping the best one or trying to grow 5 in a tent? We will see.

Technically this is Day 2 for them and the two DTFs, the Tangerine Dream and the Purple Trainwreck are off to a great start. Lights are 24" away and only on the veg setting. No roots coming out the bottom of the pots yet but likely soon. The blizzard 8" oscillating fan I have on low and aimed away from the seedling but it still creates air movement in the tent. It barely shakes them but it's great for seedlings to start strengthening their stems early on. They just can't take too much.

I am going to watch this time a little more carefully on how you run these training wise. This was my first time trying to quad anything. I should have tied down my BD and RC after super cropping to hold them better. I have a few tops on those that are above the rest despite the super cropping.

The white widow in DWC seems to be growing out flatter like they should. Maybe it was easier to tie her down in the bucket or maybe the indica dominate strains are easier to keep flat.

The Equipment and Lineup for this round

If you have followed me before the equipment hasn't changed a whole lot. I will not be using racks and a drain table this time around but rather using saucers. I used to run more of a drain to waste system but now I get just a little runoff when I feed so I put the racks and drain tables into storage. If I get too much runoff I can suck it up easily with the wet/dry vac. At some point I may move back to racks and drain tables but I think I can handle it without. Tent's 1 and 2 are both grow tents and the 3rd tent is mainly for drying.

Tent 1
Viviosun 48" x 48" x 80" Mylar Tent - Best tents I've tried. Absolutely recommend them.
Mars Hydro Reflector Series 144 Lights x2
Holmes lil blizzard 8" Oscillating Table Fan X2 (hung by bungee cords and zipties)
3 Gallon Airpots
Coco Coir
Bungee cords (variety of sizes, use them for hanging things)
Zipties (these make life so easy, you'll find a million uses for them)
Surge Protector
Wet/Dry vacuum

Tent 2
Viviosun 48" x 48" x 80" Mylar Tent
Mars Hydro Epistar 160 Pro Series II Lights x2
Holmes lil blizzard 8" Oscillating Table Fan
Vertical oscillating fan
3 Gallon Airpots
Coco Coir
Bungee cords
Zipties
Surge Protector

Tent 3
Vivosun 48" x 24" x 60" Mylar Tent
Generic clip on fan
Mini dehumidifier
Can hook up a Mars Hydro Epistar 160 Pro Series II if I need it to act as a veg or seedling tent for a few weeks.

Not a recent picture but one it's basically just a drying tent

The Lineup
After a little hiccup with my last round of germination (used a new heating mat and got too hot and killed my seeds) this is the round I am going with.

1 Double Berry Fem by Feminised Seeds
1 Tangerine Dream Fem by Barney's Farm - Will likely go in a tent by itself for a one plant in a 4'x4' style grow.
1 Girl Scout Cookies Fem by ApeOrigin
1 Purple Trainwreck by Humboldt Seed Org
2 Durban Thunder F*ck Regs by Stank Genetics - Hoping for one female. If both are male I'll just grow the other 3 by themselves. If I get 5 I will have a decision to make on keeping the best one or trying to grow 5 in a tent? We will see.

Technically this is Day 2 for them and the two DTFs, the Tangerine Dream and the Purple Trainwreck are off to a great start. Lights are 24" away and only on the veg setting. No roots coming out the bottom of the pots yet but likely soon. The blizzard 8" oscillating fan I have on low and aimed away from the seedling but it still creates air movement in the tent. It barely shakes them but it's great for seedlings to start strengthening their stems early on. They just can't take too much.

Awesome start Ase!! I’ll be here learning as much as I can! Going to trying my first quadline soon! Excited to learn from the master and explore the possibilities!
:passitleft:

Seedlings Day 5

A couple more days and the first week (seedling week) will be over! The DTF #1 is showing the next node starting to develop now and the others will likely be doing the same either tonight or tomorrow. I had either read this or was told it by someone else who grew but I remember hearing that when dealing with reg seeds, they claimed they could tell male or female by the way it grew in the first week. Ironically enough DTF has been a little smaller and straight in growth. DTF #2 (which was germinated a couple days after DTF#1) is already taller and has a hitch in the stem causing it to be crooked. I really have a hard time thinking this as truth but I will note that if that is the case then DTF #1 should be female and DTF #2 should be male. Could end up just being dumb luck in the end but I will be using reg seed and fem seeds in probably every grow so I might as well start keeping tabs on that theory now and see if there is really any truth to it. To me, the only way to really know is to clone and then flip into 12/12 light and see what the sex is. You can also wait until they show preflower in veg but I think quadlining delays preflower a bit since it's more of a horizontal growth method and different hormones than vertical growth when you don't do much training.

Tallest to shortest. Although oddly enough I was sure of the order and then when I went to put them back I feel like the Purple Trainwreck grew a little bit and was now a bit taller than the DTF #2. It only took a few minutes so I know that isn't possible but she will be #2 in height by tonight. Looks like my choice of Tangerine Dream for the big plant one tent grow is spot on so far. The more indica ones also looking smaller like they should. However, the wildcard is that Purple Trainwreck. I am so happy with it as my last one was so small and grew so slow.

Those Durban TF look like big strong plants just looking at them.
Depending on how things go, if one is a really good female it may end up being the plant I choose for the one tent grow. So far that Tangerine Dream looks to be it though and it was kind of the one I was leaning towards once the Gorilla Glue didn't germinate. I just want one that I know has great growth though so who know what they will all look like in a week or so. Their response to stress training and defoliations will also be a big deciding factor in the end.

Hey Ase, how are you doing? I switched back to Coco, unfortunately I run moms now so I just cant quad-line anymore thats why I'm trying to do my best at lst'ing.

Can you tell me how do you feel about these girls? They are in 15l pots and I am willing to scrog them. How much more of veg do you think they need and will I benefit from removing 2 plants?
These are Critical + 2.0 clones that are more on the sativa side stretch wise.
Sorry for the ugly yellow photos and thank you in advance!

dadu.jpeg
dadum.jpeg
dadumts.jpeg

Hey Ase, how are you doing? I switched back to Coco, unfortunately I run moms now so I just cant quad-line anymore thats why I'm trying to do my best at lst'ing.

Can you tell me how do you feel about these girls? They are in 15l pots and I am willing to scrog them. How much more of veg do you think they need and will I benefit from removing 2 plants?
These are Critical + 2.0 clones that are more on the sativa side stretch wise.
Sorry for the ugly yellow photos and thank you in advance!

dadu.jpeg
dadum.jpeg
dadumts.jpeg
Doing good MJ! Honestly you could remove a couple plants and veg a little longer, or just flip them. They all are occupying good space and no reason to throw any out and spend more time vegging when you could just flip into flower. I'd probably let them go another week at most and give it a go! Can't wait to see them all grown up!

Scrog doesn't seem necessary but maybe put a support net up after they are done stretching.

Nice reboot Ase. Having your signature pointing to that post will make it a lot easier for new people to get started. I bet one of the mods could put a link to the new starting point in the first post of your journal.

With all this talk of how you want to get settled into growing in the style you like without the chaos, you're really tempting fate with the 2 DTF seeds. I hope you end up with 2 monster females trying to blow the top off of your tent!

Seedlings Day 5

A couple more days and the first week (seedling week) will be over! The DTF #1 is showing the next node starting to develop now and the others will likely be doing the same either tonight or tomorrow. I had either read this or was told it by someone else who grew but I remember hearing that when dealing with reg seeds, they claimed they could tell male or female by the way it grew in the first week. Ironically enough DTF has been a little smaller and straight in growth. DTF #2 (which was germinated a couple days after DTF#1) is already taller and has a hitch in the stem causing it to be crooked. I really have a hard time thinking this as truth but I will note that if that is the case then DTF #1 should be female and DTF #2 should be male. Could end up just being dumb luck in the end but I will be using reg seed and fem seeds in probably every grow so I might as well start keeping tabs on that theory now and see if there is really any truth to it. To me, the only way to really know is to clone and then flip into 12/12 light and see what the sex is. You can also wait until they show preflower in veg but I think quadlining delays preflower a bit since it's more of a horizontal growth method and different hormones than vertical growth when you don't do much training.

Tallest to shortest. Although oddly enough I was sure of the order and then when I went to put them back I feel like the Purple Trainwreck grew a little bit and was now a bit taller than the DTF #2. It only took a few minutes so I know that isn't possible but she will be #2 in height by tonight. Looks like my choice of Tangerine Dream for the big plant one tent grow is spot on so far. The more indica ones also looking smaller like they should. However, the wildcard is that Purple Trainwreck. I am so happy with it as my last one was so small and grew so slow.
I dont find any truth to that. But they are going to be correct 50% of the time I suppose.

I dont find any truth to that. But they are going to be correct 50% of the time I suppose.
I don't either but i'm looking forward to either proving him wrong right away or having something to note going forward. Even if it does end up being right for this grow, it really could be just dumb luck. Will be interesting to see what happens but I'm in your boat. I think it will get squashed right after this grow.

The good news on DTF is they aren't the early growing Monsters that the Stankberry plants seem to be. I got 3 out of 4 that were female and they are all growing very uniform and normal at this point. No difference in the size of the male either....same size as the ladies.

Now what I have noticed about males and females on this batch of regular seeds I ran is that the first one in both the Stankberry and the DTF to pop the surface were males. I am going to start tracking that....order of reaching the surface and sex.

Nice reboot Ase. Having your signature pointing to that post will make it a lot easier for new people to get started. I bet one of the mods could put a link to the new starting point in the first post of your journal.

With all this talk of how you want to get settled into growing in the style you like without the chaos, you're really tempting fate with the 2 DTF seeds. I hope you end up with 2 monster females trying to blow the top off of your tent!

I am going to make sure these are all short and squat. The lights will be closer than normal and I am not going to veg as long. I'm tired of plants blowing the top off of my tent, I want a slightly normal and easy round for a change! If both end up male then maybe I'll veg the other 3 a little longer but still going to keep things as short as I can.

I think I might just edit my first post to tell people they can jump to page 57. I do still think the first 20 or so pages has a lot of good information that I won't be covering anymore since the focus will be on training.

Now what I have noticed about males and females on this batch of regular seeds I ran is that the first one in both the Stankberry and the DTF to pop the surface were males. I am going to start tracking that....order of reaching the surface and sex.

I'll start tracking on mine in the future too. Since these DTFs were from different germination batches by a couple days the information is of no use! Stankberry will be next round for me so I will try to keep track then.

Hey Ase! I started reading your journal after seeing #quadsquad in a ton of sigs and I'm very intreagued! I'm currently doing my first grow and I think I'm going to attempt your training.

As a new member and grower I really appreciate all the help and info you have put out here.

Hope to join the #quadsquad soon!

Back
Top Bottom