Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

Thanks for the great journey so far Ase! I’ve read this journal a couple times now, some parts multiple times...screen shots and many notes taken from here. This is where I got my learnings from and am I truly grateful! See ya later old journal
:thanks:

Also I can see your signature now;) less is more....oooooooh lol

Alright so it is time for a link drop. I started my other journal a bit ago and people have trickled over but I haven't really posted anything saying I started it ;). Sneaky me.. I know. Anyways the link is in my signature. For easier referencing it is also right here : Ase's Multi-strain Quadlining in Coco

This journal will be done in the next couple days and I hope to see everyone migrate to the new journal. I'll likely do a post on each plant that is finishing up as I take them down and then a summary at the end. It'll be more of a reflection on the last year of growing for me and what I learned. It's a tad bittersweet as I put a lot of time and effort into this journal but it helped way more people than I thought it would and I'm very proud of that.

Day 68 Flower

The end has come for the Super Iced Grapefruit. My girl and I make a great trimming team and it makes things go so much faster so luckily we got one done pretty quick. I am absolutely stunned by the way she looks. The smell is like a fresh grapefruit has just been ripped open. I can't wait to get the weight once its dry in about 5-7 days. She is a beast. Luckily I have another one growing in my other journal and she is the largest of the bunch so far. Hopefully I get similar results to this.

Congrats Ase! Nice harvest, beautiful plant! How are your girls CBD plants going? I keep forgetting to ask...can’t wait to see the others fall close behind:slide:

We ended up just going with two Super Iced Grapefruits and two Crown Royale's. I got the CBD seeds with my last POTM win in January so she will get them going next round. This was a good warmup run for her. Her was the last couple photos she sent me. I'd say she's killin it for a first grow. She flipped to flower a couple days ago I believe so lets see what kind of monsters she ends up with.

Quadline about a week ago I think.

Her 4'x4' tent floor just before she flipped recently.

Day 69 Flower

I'm trying to get two plants done today. I have taken down the Blue Dream and I guess I never gave her the credit she deserved. Aside from some foxtailing she is an absolute beast. I can't hang her in my drying tent like I normally do. I usually just cut the plants in quarters and hang them. This time I have to cut her up into sections and use a mesh net thing I got from my first grow for her. She was just so lanky but dang these colas are dense. Not quite as chunky as the Super Iced Grapefruit but 2 and half time the height! Have I mentioned that this is the most incredible smell known to man yet? I think I have like 10 times but just a reminder... Best smell EVER! Going to be a better yield than I thought as well. Win-win.

I couldn't get a better shot than this. When I took her out of the tent she just flopped all over.
Cola shot.

Day 69 Flower B

I'm on a marathon of trimming today. It was probably the nicest day we have had all year so I opened up the doors and windows and it has made trimming way more bearable. This is by far the smelliest set of girls I have had in total and each one is crazy strong. The girlfriend and I have been chopping away all day and I am taking full advantage of this good help I am having. I may just knock out the Green Crack after all tonight and get this thing finished up. We will see. Can't remember the last time I took down all plants in 24 hours.

As for now, enjoy some Crown Royale.

Day 69 Flower C

I will post one more update after this as a reflection of what I've learned this year (likely tomorrow) and that will be my final post. I decided to push through it and get the little Green Crack done tonight so I was all done. I was doing really well up to this point but my back is killing me now and I feel woosy. Wasn't able to keep the doors and windows open either but I will be very glad tomorrow that I did it all today. It was the easiest trimming I've done for any round so that is a plus. The Green Crack followed suit and even though she was smaller, she smelt amazing. When you get all of these separated individually the smells are just crazy. I'd say all 4 of these were in my top 6 or so of the most potent smelling plants I've grown. It was really dense but at some point a small plant is limited on what it can put out for numbers so she will likely be the reason I fall short of my 16oz goal. On the plus side I will still likely be above average with some of the best quality stuff I've grown to date.

Green Crack

Day 68 Flower

The end has come for the Super Iced Grapefruit. My girl and I make a great trimming team and it makes things go so much faster so luckily we got one done pretty quick. I am absolutely stunned by the way she looks. The smell is like a fresh grapefruit has just been ripped open. I can't wait to get the weight once its dry in about 5-7 days. She is a beast. Luckily I have another one growing in my other journal and she is the largest of the bunch so far. Hopefully I get similar results to this.

Wonderful job!

Day 69 Flower C

I will post one more update after this as a reflection of what I've learned this year (likely tomorrow) and that will be my final post. I decided to push through it and get the little Green Crack done tonight so I was all done. I was doing really well up to this point but my back is killing me now and I feel woosy. Wasn't able to keep the doors and windows open either but I will be very glad tomorrow that I did it all today. It was the easiest trimming I've done for any round so that is a plus. The Green Crack followed suit and even though she was smaller, she smelt amazing. When you get all of these separated individually the smells are just crazy. I'd say all 4 of these were in my top 6 or so of the most potent smelling plants I've grown. It was really dense but at some point a small plant is limited on what it can put out for numbers so she will likely be the reason I fall short of my 16oz goal. On the plus side I will still likely be above average with some of the best quality stuff I've grown to date.

Green Crack

You re a killer in trimming! Your plants are perfect IMO! The ratio size of plant / size of buds is just so great! Hope to see denses buds like yours in a month

You re a killer in trimming! Your plants are perfect IMO! The ratio size of plant / size of buds is just so great! Hope to see denses buds like yours in a month

Thanks Flash. I told my girl if I could have 4 plants every grow that were just like my Super Iced Grapfruit and Crown Royale that I’d take it in a heartbeat. They had big chunky buds and didn’t need any support. They were so easy to grow. She’s got 2 of each in her tent right now so I expect her grow to look really good in the end.

Part of the quick trimming comes from my defoliation practices and feed schedule. I try to eliminate a ton of veg in the end by cutting Nitrogen and pushing PK so the plant focuses on the buds swelling up and not growing new plant material. I do feel like I’m a ton faster at trimming than I used to be as well so that helps too .

Isn't it harder to trim the buds down when the plant is whole like that? I cut all the mains down and trimmed them that way for my first time through.

Congratulations on finishing up that harvest. Your plants came out amazing as expected.

I trim this way for 2 reasons. The first reason is because it shows everyone what the bud of the plant looks like without all the foiliage. We’ve been staring at the same looking plants for months and I personally think they look so cool all trimmed up like that. I think it’s more educational this way and helps people see the bud to plant ratio better. I have gotten used to trimming this way though and am pretty good at it now. I hate getting sticky hands and if the plants can support themselves it’s like they are on their own trimming stand and I barely have to touch them.

The main reason is because I cut all my plants into quarters and let them hang dry. I have found that cutting each cola off and letting them dry on a rack had them dry out too fast. I want them to go 6ish days of drying when I chop them and leaving them in whole quarters helps slow down the drying a bit.

Back
Top Bottom