Asesino's Multi-Strain - Coco - LED - Grow 2

Asesino's Multi-Strain - Soil - LED - Grow 2

Day 16 - The Coco Coir came last night so of course I opened it right away. I decided to use the seven gallon fabric pots for these main four girls. I PH'd the water to 5.8 and then soaked the Coco. I drained it and mixed it with perlite, 75/25% blend. This should have really good aeration for the roots to grow quickly and I will probably have to water every three to four days, which is around what I wanted. I then filled each of the pots up with the mix.

It ended up filling up four of the larger pots and two of the three gallon pots. 34 gallons worth and I used four of my six bricks. I like that ratio. I am pretty excited right now as I feel like I have so much more control now. I finished setting the timers in my flower tent and plugged everything in and this will now be where the four main girls reside until they finish. Now I can actually use my veg tent for whatever I want!

Pictures of the Coco Brick and Perlite mix process:
IMG_93454.JPG
IMG_93463.JPG

The Girls and Transplanting

I am happy that I waited until today to transplant because the roots are fantastic. The Ayahuasca Purple was starting to look droopy fairly quickly after waterings. The roots needed to stretch out and were ready to get a bigger home. I am not a fan of doing multiple transplants so they are going in seven gallon pots which will be their final home. Because I planted in soil I wanted to get as much soil out as I could. I was not worried about just a little bit. I just massaged the root ball and for the most part it just falls out. I lightly sprayed the roots to knock anything else I could.

From Soil to Coco:
IMG_93584.JPG
IMG_93603.JPG

After doing this to all of the girls I fired up the flower tent and gave them a feeding. The definitely were not happy about this but I know they will bounce back. The Ayahuasca Purple and the Chemdawg especially showed some droopiness. I am hoping the feeding helps get them happy quicker. I really do think these girls are going to take off soon in their new homes. I made an impulse decision on getting the seven gallon fabric pots but I am only doing four plants in that tent so I can let them get bigger than five gallons. I gave them early veg nute amounts with a little cal mag using the GH Floral Series. The Blue Mammoth Auto (Day 10) is chugging along and I will likely be transplanted in a few days.

Before and After (Auto is still in the veg tent):
IMG_93521.JPG
IMG_93684.JPG

I am having an incredible time making candy. All feedback has been positive about them. They are 15mg doses on average. I have not tried one being sober yet so I don't know the whole effect but the great part about hard candy is by sucking on it you are dissolving it evenly. You feel an immediate relaxation and small rush to your brain when consuming it. Then 45 minutes later it hits you. I plan to pop one in the morning and can give a more detailed breakdown after that. I am going to make some more this weekend so I will document it and be able to show anyone who wants to try to make them. It really is not too hard and they are pretty tasty actually. I don't really like the "taste" of weed in edibles and you can't even taste it in these. I was never a huge fan of edibles in general but using the same strain and making these candies has totally changed my mind.

Orange Cream, Apple Lemonade, Pomegranate Lemonade:

IMG_93472.JPG

Asesino's Multi-Strain - Soil - LED - Grow 2

Day 19 - My environment has been more humid than I would like but I am not worried about it at this stage. I know it's hard to overwater in Coco but the pots were a little too wet when I transplanted. I then fed them immediately and that's a lot of water for their size. I've read about the only time you can overwater with Coco is now so I need to be careful. Once I see some significant growth I will water daily. In a few journals I bookmarked most plants where they transplanted at day 15/16 started to really grow at day 21/22. Hopefully by next update everything looks happier. I also turned off one of the fans as I think there was too much air blowing around causing stress while the roots are trying to establish themselves again.

The Girls

The girls received a liter each of feeding just after transplanting. I then gave them just a plain watering last night of a liter each. Today I am letting them go without anything to see how they look tomorrow. If they look sad tomorrow then I will give them a good feeding and see what happens instead. They pots and Coco should be relatively dry now. With the noticeable growth today I hope to see more tomorrow to show the roots are now establishing themselves in the pots. I know that Coco is not like soil as you don't wait for it to dry out between feedings but right now I'd like it to. Tomorrow will tell me if this was a good decision or a bad one. Nice part of Coco is you can fix it quick.

IMG_93861.JPG

Chemdawg - 4.5" tall and it still looks the most uniform and is the least concern for me. Just a little bit of droopiness but I expect that to be gone tomorrow.

White Rhino - 4.5" tall and it is almost identical to the Chemdawg now. It does have some wavy leaves that the Chemdawg doesn't, otherwise this looks fantastic as well. Just a little droop as well but nothing of concern. This one has surprised me the most over the last week. It looked the least effected by the transplant.

Purple Trainwreck - 3" tall so a good 1.5" behind all the other plants and it is clearly not as wide by a large margin. It is not drooping but it also is not really growing. After looking at a couple pictures over the last couple of days I see some growth but I expected more by now. Only time will tell but my expectations for this one are dwindling. It just looks very compact and not uniform at all which is a bummer since that is a focus this grow for me. I'll give it another week before I start to be really disappointed in it. :rolleyes3

Ayahuasca Purple - 4.5" tall like the others but it is the widest by a good margin. This one is droopy. It has been droopy since before the transplant but it still seems extra droopy since the transplant. If the problem was not enough water or space in it's previous home than the transplant should have fixed that to have it perk up. That didn't happen and in fact the droopiness got a little worse. Once this bounces back it will be a monster. I did notice a slight yellowing at the tips, probably from the first feeding and overdoing it a little.

Blue Mammoth Auto and Mystery Friends

Here is the Blue Mammoth Auto at day 12 now in Coco. It is went into a 3 gallon smart pot yesterday morning and I gave it nutes as well. Two of the three freebies are up and going and the other I just see the seed casing at the top of the soil so I expect to see it up and going tomorrow. These will all go in 3 gallon smart pots when ready. The Blue Mammoth is swimming along and not showing any negative signs from the transplant or feeding.

IMG_93941.JPG

Day 22 - There is a huge storm headed this way and it will be rain straight for five days. This will test my environment pretty well. Right now the temp goes from 71F-80F and humidity is between 56-70%. Everything is growing but still pretty slow. I think it is due to the larger pots. I am still trying to figure out what amount of watering works best for my seven gallon pots to get runoff. I am trying to water every day now that I felt the coco had dried out enough. The plants were droopy and then today they perked up after feeding last night. It was a sight of relief as figuring out the watering/feeding has been slightly confusing. I think I've got it now. I'm basically feeding 1 liter per plant each day right now while I am trying to get it completely down. Bumping up to 2 liters soon.

The Girls

It seems like when I did the transplant, anything that had previously grown in the soil started to yellow. The new stuff coming out is very green and no signs of nute burn. I'm thinking the plants got stressed and started using some of this lower stuff already. They definitely got stressed though so that was a bummer to see. This is a big factor on why they have not grown as fast as I would have liked. I am not in any hurry for veg though so it probably was just a set back of a couple days. In a few days I will top at least three of the girls and I will cut off most of these first leaves anyways.

IMG_94222.JPG

White Rhino & Chemdawg
To me these are the best looking plants so far. When you feel them you can tell they are rooted well and their stalks are starting to thicken up. They are the same height at 5.5" and both have very even structure.

IMG_94263.JPG

Purple Trainwreck & Ayahuasca Purple The purples are the problem girls of the bunch. The Purple Trainwreck is moving at a snails pace. I can see a lot of thick inner leaves started to come out of the nodes though. If this starts growing it is going to be a thick bush. Seems like a big if though, it definitely just screams runt at this point. The Ayahuasca Purple is growing but is showing maybe some nute burn. It also is droopy a lot. I did see it perk up this morning so I do know it's possible but often is droopy.

IMG_9427.JPG

Blue Mammoth Auto
This will only be in a 3 gallon fabric pot. So will the other small seedlings in the picture. I will up-pot them in a couple days and make room for my first attempt at cloning. It is growing at a good rate and I gave a little dosage of nutes today. It's better looking than the Purple Trainwreck I have and it is a full week behind it!

IMG_94311.JPG

Hey i read ur whole last journal and i must admit it was one of the best ones I have read. One reason being ur lights those r the ones m gonna give a go with. U have been doing a fantastic job on the grow n jus as good on the journal. I love this forum and will be with this one till the end. Again great job on everything n hope things go as great as the first.

Hey i read ur whole last journal and i must admit it was one of the best ones I have read. One reason being ur lights those r the ones m gonna give a go with. U have been doing a fantastic job on the grow n jus as good on the journal. I love this forum and will be with this one till the end. Again great job on everything n hope things go as great as the first.

Appreciate it Pino and welcome aboard! I really enjoy helping out so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I made the first journal for newer growers to see where I either went wrong or went right with my first time. Luckily more things ended up going right. I guess the same thing is essentially happening with this grow now that I am trying Coco. I think this journal is way better in terms of organization so I am glad you will be following along again to see what I can really do with it. This should be a lot of fun as I have way more going on and things will really pickup this week.

I can't say enough good things about the Mars Hydro Reflector lights. I am no expert on ideal color ranges and all that but bang for the buck I can't imagine too much better than them. They are very active on this board too so as a 420 sponsor, it's nice to know I'm supporting a company that supports this website. This is where I have learned everything I know. Talk to SmokeSara on here when you want to order for a discount code. She follows my thread from time to time, just send a message!

Once again thank you for the kind words. I do try hard to keep this enjoyable to read. I always appreciate when new faces that are reading make themselves known and say hello. :Namaste:

Sweet update Asesino, pun intended.... I look forward to your candy making instructions, I like candy very much :) transplant complete and they're on the way some root expansion. Keep up the great updates, and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I made the last of my medicated candies and I forgot to take pictures.:smokin:I am going to have to wait until I score some trim or until I get some from my own grow to do a candy update. On the flip side I think I will be doing truffles, caramels, gummy beans and maybe some real desserts so it might warrant it's own edibles thread. Funny part is I am a good cook but I suck at baking. Candy making I seem to get right though so I am going to keep going down that path. Edibles seem to be the wave of the future so now is a good time to be on this adventure.

Day 25 - Originally I struggled with the drain to waste method for coco. Part of that was due to how wet the coco was initially and then it got kind of dry. After a few waterings and making sure some water was draining out the bottom I finally started to see how it works. The water goes in and then about 15% of the old stuff comes out. The new water brings the roots much needed oxygen. If you do not get this runoff then the roots do not get the new oxygen they need to maximize their potential. At that point you are just growing like soil and if I wanted to do soil I would have stuck with it. I am now feeding once a day and giving each plant about 1 liter of water. Once a week I think I am just going to water with just plain water. The other 6 days will get feeding unless I notice something bad happening. They seem to like being fed daily.

I turned my old 5 gallon runoff saucers into stands for my girls. I flipped them over and put a hole in the middle and then set the fabric pots on top of them. When I water this should help the bottom of the pots not sit in old feed at all. I have a shop vac on the way but I think it is a good idea. Eventually the roots will be at the bottom and by watering everyday you are essentially mini flushing. This should help keep the bottom of the pots as dry as the rest of the pot. Watering daily I think it's important for the bottoms not to be always soggy.

The Girls

Day 24 I topped all the plants but the Purple Trainwreck. I am giving a shot at cloning the tops but we will see how they do. The plants were just starting to get in their groove and I decided to stress them out again by topping. Could have planned that better to give them a few extra days of freely growing before more stress but they look fine so I'm not worried. This isn't a race for me and I know the roots are still growing. Once they are set these things will get big. The Purple Trainwreck I decided not to top right now. It needs to get going as it is going so slow.

I trimmed the first and second nodes off (single leaf and tri-leaf) and then left the third and topped above the fourth node.

IMG_94643.JPG

Chemdawg
IMG_94682.JPG

Ayahuasca Purple
IMG_94664.JPG

Purple Trainwreck
IMG_94736.JPG

White Rhino
IMG_94704.JPG

Lastly, I decided to up pot the mystert seedlings. Three liter pots I think I got from home depot ages ago. Since I am not sure what they are or what the sex is, I will wait to see if any are female before giving them a larger pot so I don't waste ingredients. The Blue Mammoth is going a little slower than I would have expected. Going to top her soon but need to see some vigor first. The smaller seedlings I decided to not shake the soil off and see how they react. I just planted the whole thing in coco in hopes that it eases the stress.

IMG_94584.JPG

The next week should be a blast. Going to see some awesome growth and the start of some training. Also I will be building a scrog net. Tonight was the watering without feeding so we will see if the girls like that.

Great update!! Keep up the good work! Hope cloning works for u. Can't wait for the show next week. Keep em green!!

Thanks Pino! I have all the pictures for a separate cloning post if they end up working out. I hope they do but they are pretty short cuttings. I just figured why not give it a shot with the tops. I know it's better to use lower stuff because of the hormones but I've heard if you can get the tops to go then you are looking at some awesome clones.

Day 28 - As expected I am now starting to see daily growth on these girls. I will start doing some training as the new branches are starting to get big enough to do so. Through all the rain and bad weather over the last week my tents have stayed pretty consistent. 70F lights off and 78F lights on. I like that range. Maybe it is the soil mindset that I had from my first grow but I decided to let things dry out and didn't water at all last night. The plants responded well and I expect good growth after tonights feeding. As soon as the plants get a little bigger it wont be a concern as I will need to water daily no matter what. I also decided I will be ScrOGing. I have a plant structure in mind for ScrOGing and that is why I topped at the 4th node. I'm going to train the 3rd and 4th branches out in quarters and top again. I built a net and will hang it in the next couple days. Each square is 2"x2" and it will cover 3.75'x3.75'.

IMG_95124.JPG

The Girls

I topped the Purple Trainwreck two days ago. I was going to wait but i'm glad I did it as it hasn't slowed down at all. The other girls all seem to be doing really well. The Ayahuasca Purple now spans the width of the pot. It's a seven gallon pot as well. For a heavy indica that is some crazy growth. I even tore a leaf in half again. This girl has been through some tests already as she was the one with the broken cotyledon. Hope she indeed ends up being female.

The Chemdawg is still very symmetrical but the White Rhino just looks incredible. Each plant is starting to shoe distinct features in the leaves. I rotated the plants so they aren't in the same order as normal.

IMG_95201.JPG

The Auto was topped so it will stunt its growth for a bit but I see both new branches forming already. I think I topped it yesterday. The freebies are booming.

IMG_95221.JPG

Everything looks as it should!! Great job on the scrog net looks very efficient and should b adding a bang to this grow! I appreciate how u r stepping things up fom the last grow. I have yet to get a grow under my belt but people like u encourage me every update. You run a educational journal and I have enjoyed following. Look forward to the next one!

Good plan for training for scrog. I tried just bending stems back under screen which was simple and saved time up front with 30+ plants, but I paid for it with very uneven growth and a lot of fussing with stems later on. I think some of my 1 oz plants would've been 1.5 oz. with even training from the start. +reps for kicking it up a notch!

Hey Asesino, your girls are looking awesome! Super healthy and happy. The Chemdawg and AP have some jagged razor sharp leaves! Very cool. Did you order your seeds from a seed bank? If so, which one? I'm searching for seedbanks that ship to or within Canada. That scrog net is beautiful btw. Excellent work. Everything looks great over here bud. Keep up the savvy work!

Good plan for training for scrog. I tried just bending stems back under screen which was simple and saved time up front with 30+ plants, but I paid for it with very uneven growth and a lot of fussing with stems later on. I think some of my 1 oz plants would've been 1.5 oz. with even training from the start. +reps for kicking it up a notch!

Yeah. With this and not cutting my nutrients early I am hoping to average three ounces a plant. We will see. I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

Hey Asesino, your girls are looking awesome! Super healthy and happy. The Chemdawg and AP have some jagged razor sharp leaves! Very cool. Did you order your seeds from a seed bank? If so, which one? I'm searching for seedbanks that ship to or within Canada. That scrog net is beautiful btw. Excellent work. Everything looks great over here bud. Keep up the savvy work!

Thanks DB! They are booming right now. Next update will be fun.

I ordered my first and second rounds of seeds from nirvana. I ordered my third round from bonza. No problems getting them at all. Bonza's packaging is bogus though and if you aren't super careful the seeds can get mixed up easy. So far all seeds have pretty much germinated for me except for one. I think I had the soil too moist and it rotted. I have no idea if either ships to Canada though. I'm sure their websites say.

Bonza has a great selection and promotions but you have to be almost watch maker precise when opening the packaging. After I opened one of them I then was able to do the 2nd without problem. Just got a couple seeds mixed up in the first. Just set it down and carefully peel away the top without moving the bottom. They've lost customers because of this but I'd go through them again because of selection and they are sponsors.

Back
Top Bottom