Asesino's Multi-Strain - Coco - LED - Grow 2

Ah my bad didn't even think about that one, but yea now that you have two tents you can get some sort of perpetual garden going which is awesome! I love being able to constantly flower plants and start others. It is a bit more work though but all worth while

Yeah I am looking forward to being able to harvest a plant here and there rather than all at once to be honest. I have the time and resources so why not? To me that is ideal! Just need to build a watering system and I'll pretty much have everything I want for my entire setup. I do have plenty of time this next week...

Day 2 Flower - Just two days into flower and I have already noticed a ton of stretch. These things should have a solid 3 weeks of stretch so to see them grow about 2" the first couple of days is awesome. I shouldn't have a problem filling out this net if that kind of stretch continues, which I think it will. Either way it is good seeing my plan start to work with how I trained them in the beginning. Quad-lining!

Everything is strong and getting light and I have not had to do much defolation at all. These 3 weeks are critical in my books so I wan't to give them as little stress as I can. Next update I will try and get a good picture of what the canopy looks like from below but it was getting late and the lighting wasn't working well for it.

Last day of Veg
IMG_007369.JPG

Curently
IMG_010255.JPG

White Rhino really is impressive and there is new growth everywhere. I anticipate that it occupies a little more than it's quarter of the net in the end but that should be fine considering the Purple Trainwreck likely won't fill out it's corner entirely.
IMG_009678.JPG

Blue Mammoth Auto chugging along nicely. Probably going to need to support those 3 colas soon before any accidents happen. They are starting to bend and sway already.
IMG_009767.JPG

*Waves goodbye to the floor* We shan't be seeing you for long.

Lol Fuzz. The real question is how long will it take. Hopefully less then two weeks because I want to let them grow vertical for a good week and not touch them!

Lol Fuzz. The real question is how long will it take. Hopefully less then two weeks because I want to let them grow vertical for a good week and not touch them!

Hmmm...I missed something here and had to go back. So these plants are actually already in flower? Day 3 today? Somehow I skimmed over this fact and assumed you were vegging these to fill in the screen first. If they're in flower they'll start really stretching in a couple days and should be finished around week 3, plus or minus a few days.

Hmmm...I missed something here and had to go back. So these plants are actually already in flower? Day 3 today? Somehow I skimmed over this fact and assumed you were vegging these to fill in the screen first. If they're in flower they'll start really stretching in a couple days and should be finished around week 3, plus or minus a few days.

Today is day #4 now of 12/12 lights. If I let them veg the whole time and then flipped them it would be too much work to feed that big of plants. It would also probably take another month of veg and I have things in my veg tent that are already going to be in there for 16-17 weeks. I flipped them now because I want them to stretch across the screen and then stretch upwards 6-8". It'll keep the light distribution even. I don't think I'd have enough light penetration to let them veg out the whole way and then flip and let them get that big.

Today is day #4 now of 12/12 lights. If I let them veg the whole time and then flipped them it would be too much work to feed that big of plants. It would also probably take another month of veg and I have things in my veg tent that are already going to be in there for 16-17 weeks. I flipped them now because I want them to stretch across the screen and then stretch upwards 6-8". It'll keep the light distribution even. I don't think I'd have enough light penetration to let them veg out the whole way and then flip and let them get that big.

Yeah, I understand that. I'm flipping my photos today. One of them is much larger than the other and I'd love to give the smaller one time to catch up. However, it's vertical growth has been almost nonexistant and I don't think more time will do anything but allow the other plant to overgrow the space. Sometimes we have to compromise. Which sucks! :blalol:

Yeah, I understand that. I'm flipping my photos today. One of them is much larger than the other and I'd love to give the smaller one time to catch up. However, it's vertical growth has been almost nonexistant and I don't think more time will do anything but allow the other plant to overgrow the space. Sometimes we have to compromise. Which sucks! :blalol:

Lol sounds like my Purple Trainwreck. I wanted it to catch up but I think I am just going to have to accept it being smaller than the others. Nature gave me a giant White Rhino instead to balance it out.

Day 5 Flower - Well they are growing fast and it is fun to go in there in the morning and see all the really light green parts of the plants where it stretched. I have got little nodes coming up from everywhere and the canopy is very even. Today when I was training the Purple Trainwreck one of the main colas snapped pretty much off. I taped it and sprayed it with water all day and to my surprise, it actually looked like it was already recovering. I thought it was goner for sure. Everything else is pretty much going the same in the flower tent. All three of the other plants are growing fast. The White Rhino takes the cake but even the Purple Trainwreck really showed a lot of fresh, new plant material. About 6 or so days left of training horizontal and then I will let them go.

Purple Trainwreck structure
IMG_012752.JPG

Canopy
IMG_017154.JPG

The Blue Mammoth Auto has been so much fun to grow. I'm still not sure what I will get in yield but it smells and looks great. It will be enough to keep me from the dispensaries until my main girls are ready though and that makes me pretty happy. It has been a while since I have gone there and even though it is great to have that option, I am much happier growing my own stuff (and so is my bank account). Anyways, she is starting to pack on weight now and sways a little bit more with the same amount of air movement in the tent. I guess I will have to give her some support soon.

IMG_014957.JPG

Top cola
IMG_014549.JPG

About 24 hours ago I broke this branch pretty much completely off. The term "hanging by a thread" was accurate. I was shocked to see how fast it bounced back and now looks completely normal. I didn't even use clonex when I bandaged her. Just goes to show how resilient these girls are and how fast they move. Her leaves aren't even resting on the net anymore, she is holding them up herself.

I also adjusted my lights a bit. I spread them out a little wider and lowered them to 22" above the canopy. I think the plants will respond well and the outside and the corners of the net should be better covered now.

IMG_018644.JPG

Day 8 Flower - This morning I felt like I finally have everything growing the correct direction and not overlapping each other. Part of this was just simply letting them grow long enough to a point where each arm is evenly distributed. I anticipate some really great stretch for the next week. I am very happy with the way this ScrOG net is going. I'm not sure it will 100% fill up the net but I still think it will. I did defoliate today quite a bit. I want to make sure the canopy is getting light and air. Some areas get pretty thick fast and I don't want mold issues and things because of it. I will also say that so far I have had no bug issues at all and I am absolutely loving that. Going to be hard to go back to soil now, at least indoors.

IMG_021642.JPG

The Blue Mammoth Auto received some GH KoolBloom starting yesterday. I am being careful and giving it a very small amount because of how potent it is. I can say as of tonight it for sure looks like it helps. I read a lot of good things about it and most people said they noticed a difference so I thought why not, I already use their Flora Series nutrient line. Looks like a good choice. I've also been feeding her twice a day as well. I figure why not for the end.

This is day 66 for this girl and the Barney's Farms website says the seed should go 70-75 days. I was planning on 75 so likely I will go a full week with adding the KoolBloom and then flush the last couple days. She is looking so pretty and happy. You can see a post that I added for support. I noticed a lot of swaying and it was time to help her out. I used some soft ties to hold each arm in place. She has always been taller than everything else in the veg tent so ultimately sure has had a whole light to herself. Minus the whole arm accident she was given pretty prime conditions and am anxious to see the conclusion over the next week.

IMG_021742.JPG
IMG_022250.JPG

Day 11 Flower - I think my net is doing a good job holding together while the plants stretch on it so I am happy with that. I really like the ScrOG method. I read an article that made sense about defoliating early in flower with ScrOGing so I did a big defoliation yesterday. I am only removing leaves that block light to other things but it was a lot. Everything I've read says this is a sin to do early in flower but I've only got a little bit of stretch time left and everything below the net that can stretch up needs light. The plants seemed to bounce back well and once the fan leaves all get larger, the net will be hard to find.

My plan is that everything growing toward the middle of the net will get the best light and grow the fastest It should fill in quick. The stuff towards the outsides of the net will get the worst light so I'm letting all that just grow vertical unless I get better stretch than I thought I would to keep things even in the end. I am leaving the outside row of squares around the net empty as a buffer. It also gets the worst light so if I don't need to use it I'd rather not. If I leave that row empty my net will be 20x20 squares so that is 400 tops. After this next week my busy work in this tent will be over. After it stops stretching it's autopilot until the end.

IMG_025557.JPG

This is the White Rhino. You can see how the middle stuff is starting to pop up. The stuff in the middle can grow the fastest because its closest to the center of the plant and main-stem to receive food. I'm pretty sure by the end everything will be even. Everything has been pulled out of the middle to the outsides a couple times. This is the last plant material down there now so once it grows I shouldn't have to do much defoliating below the net as there won't be much there at all. If that does happen my plan will have worked really well for this grow.

IMG_026159.JPG

I do not know what I was thinking with the Blue Mammoth Auto. This girl is going to go way longer then 70-75 days as it is currently on day 70. You think I would have recognized that earlier because I thought that same thing with my Aurora Indica's. The said flower time is always a couple weeks shorter then it should be from the seedbanks. This often times causes people to harvest too early and start again buying more seeds. It's all about the $$$ right?

I'm guessing this girl will go 85-90 days. The hairs are maybe 15% red and the rest white. They are not as fresh as they once looked but they have some time to go for sure. I looked at the trichs with my jewelers loupe and everything is clear with hardly any cloudy. I am really impressed with the lower growth of this plant. That stuff is getting big fast. Not too much seems to be happening with the top colas at the moment but I'm hoping with a couple more weeks it will all fill out nicely and its just strengthening up from the bottom right now. It's had its own light, it should do well.

IMG_024353.JPG

IMG_024949.JPG

IMG_025058.JPG

Big girls look great, but what about the little ones in back of Blue Mammoth? Wanna see just how crazy you're going with that second tent. What are you hiding in there?

I had a great idea for water runoff and I came home today to find what I needed delivered to my door. Going to take a before and after picture of the veg tent and then likely start another journal for those plants that you are wondering about.

I like keeping the information separate so it's easy for people to find grow results/advice for certain strains without having to go through someone's entire perpetual thread. It might be a little more work for me but you should see a new journal link here today or tomorrow for those. Guess you will just have to follow that one as well if you want to see :)

yeah i see something back there too wanting some light action, are those clones?

My camera phone takes really bad pictures with the LEDs turned on so I shut my lights off when I take picturss. I'm in a really dark area but I assure you it's getting light!

The bigger ones you see in that picture are not clones but there might be some clones in there ;)

The scrog plants look like they're about to really fill in that space now. Looks good!

Thanks Fuzz! I'm really happy with this ScrOG for my first time. I know my Aurora Indicas stopped stretching at about 16/17 days so hopefully enough to fill up that middle part with a few days of stretch left. The best light is there too so any new stuff should really like that and take off. I think I should have it filled in perfectly in the end... key word, think.

Day 14 Flower - A full two weeks of stretch in the books and I really do think I will get some more stretch. The White Rhino I think is starting to show a little budding so it might be kind of done but it's huge, I won't complain. The Chemdawg and the Ayahuasca Purple had the best stretch since the last update and still aren't showing any budding. The Ayahuasca Purple's stretch was really noticeable just overnight. If they have one last good boom and the Purple Trainwreck grows a little more then each square should have a node in it. I still need a little middle growth but two or three seem to pop all the way up to the net per day so if this continues it will be even with everything else by the end of this week.

IMG_028148.JPG

The Veg Tent

Here is what some of you guys asked for. I unfortunately needed a few more pieces to finish my upgrades in there but I can at least show the plants. As some of you know I want to be able to run flowering plants every 10 weeks. That means I have to have some ready to go. I planted some freebies pretty early on. They are from Nirvana and they all seem to be healthy and I think showing signs of female. They are maybe at 8-9 weeks of veg already and my other tent won't be ready for 8 weeks so that puts these at 16 weeks veg. Oh boy. I didn't expect these to work out and I thought they'd be male and maybe I got lucky but so far they are all unknown and look like they will be my next round.

I did train all three by topping and supercropping. All of the plants and clones just got topped a day or two ago so not the best time for a picture but it is what it is! I am doing a "screenless scrog" in a way. After I topped for the 2nd time I took off the middle branch from all the arm (the one that stuck towards the center of the plant) and I removed them. This allows light in the middle and give each arm 3 prongs instead of 4. I just like the way it looks and how the light gets deeper. I'm sure there are ramafactions for this but they were freebies, I thought I'd have some fun.

IMG_027452.JPG

IMG_027549.JPG

I do have some clones going. When I topped each main plant I cloned all the tops in hopes to grow "mother-ish" plants to clone from. I also didn't expect this to work and it did. So I have a clone of each and then two additional Ayahuasca Purple. It grew fast early on and i took some lower stuff and cloned it. They are currently my two largest clones but maybe I'll use the largest one as the mother as it is growing like crazy. I know these aren't perfect mothers but I'm looking forward to the White Rhino and Ayahusca Purple and Chemdawg clones. We will see if the Purple Trainwreck can do any good. If not I will just flower it when I want to and I have at least one clone of it that is healthy but it looks good.

Top Right - Chemdawg - Original Top
Bottom Right - Ayahuasca Purple - From a lower branch taken before the tops were cloned
Top Middle - Purple Trainwreck - Original Top
Bottom Middle - White Rhino - Original Top
Top Left - Ayahuasca Purple - From a lower branch taken before the tops were cloned
Bottom Left - Ayahuasca Purple - Original Top

IMG_027323.JPG

I took the Blue Mammoth Auto out of the tent and put it under regular lighting just for a different view. It just keeps swelling and all the bottom stuff just keep stretching and getting bigger as well. It is on day 72 and I think I am going to take it at least another week. Still a ton of white hairs and growth. Who knows, maybe it will go more like two or two and a half more weeks.

IMG_027245.JPG

Also I will note that it has been freezing and my grow area has held the same range as any other time. I was a little worried but now I really can't be. It doesn't get too much colder in the NW during the year than it did this week. Hopefully what I need comes so I can finish the veg tent. The end goal of the upgrade is to collect runoff all in the same place and not have the pans in saucers. I also got lucky an inherited a full hydro table and everything but its just missing the pump. A friend is moving and wanted me to have it. I'm not sure I can do anything with it anytime soon but it's not bad to have. It was a nice gesture and who knows!

Back
Top Bottom