Asesino's Multi-Strain - Coco - LED - Grow 2

Love the look of the girls in your flower tent. Plenty of bud sites in there. You should easily break your previous harvest numbers.

What's your ph throughout the Grow?

My PH has been between 5.7-5.9 for the water going in. I water/feed everyday and it's almost always 5.8. In the mornings I am giving the Auto some Bloom enhancement and It is probably like 5.6-5.7 but it's way too early for me to do accurate measurements. I have yet to measure the runoff but since I do this everyday and essentially flush the old stuff out, it should be close to what I put in.

I will likely start watering the flower tent and the Auto twice a day. When I do that I will make sure that it's 5.8 for the first feedings now in the mornings since more plants will be involved. My Auto shows no signs of issues from the morning feedings which I know are a bit low for PH. In soil grows you want that PH to be 6.0 but for CoCo I try to hit 5.8 which is perfect for the absorption of all minerals to the plant. There is some good charts on this forum that show those ranges, I just don't have them on my phone to put on here. Hope it helps! Anymore questions just ask!

My PH has been between 5.7-5.9 for the water going in. I water/feed everyday and it's almost always 5.8. In the mornings I am giving the Auto some Bloom enhancement and It is probably like 5.6-5.7 but it's way too early for me to do accurate measurements. I have yet to measure the runoff but since I do this everyday and essentially flush the old stuff out, it should be close to what I put in.

I will likely start watering the flower tent and the Auto twice a day. When I do that I will make sure that it's 5.8 for the first feedings now in the mornings since more plants will be involved. My Auto shows no signs of issues from the morning feedings which I know are a bit low for PH. In soil grows you want that PH to be 6.0 but for CoCo I try to hit 5.8 which is perfect for the absorption of all minerals to the plant. There is some good charts on this forum that show those ranges, I just don't have them on my phone to put on here. Hope it helps! Anymore questions just ask!

I was asking by out of curiosity. Another member is having problems with coco and I thought it might be ph.
I only Grow in soil with organic nutes at 6.5-7.0. Almost 20 years with earth juice and it's never let me down.
I guess if you're having a successful Grow then 5.5 must be right.
Thanks.
I can't seem to find a nutrient to PH uptake/lockout chart for coco to help the guy out. They look like this.
420-magazine-mobile599852403.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I was asking by out of curiosity. Another member is having problems with coco and I thought it might be ph.
I only Grow in soil with organic nutes at 6.5-7.0. Almost 20 years with earth juice and it's never let me down.
I guess if you're having a successful Grow then 5.5 must be right.
Thanks.
I can't seem to find a nutrient to PH uptake/lockout chart for coco to help the guy out. They look like this.
420-magazine-mobile599852403.jpg

5.8 not 5.5. Just to clear up any confusion. 5.5 is only the morning watering which is a small one with just bloom nutes. My big watering daily is 5.8. If they would like I can check out their grow and see if I recognize anything that might be an issue? Any links? Or you can PM me if you don't want it public.

I've seen a Coco chart in these forums. But it's hard to find all that stuff via my phone. I do know the center point where you want to be with Coco is for sure 5.8.

His post is listed as "LED grow problem"
Username "Tacolly"
Very yellow leaves. Looks like a ph lockout problem or nute burn. Tried to get him to test the soil but ppl keep telling him to just add cal-mag, or add more nutes. Lol.
I must be stupid or something because it seems I'm the only one who went and spent $12.99 at Walmart for one of these.
420-magazine-mobile1719629306.jpg

His post is listed as "LED grow problem"
Username "Tacolly"
Very yellow leaves. Looks like a ph lockout problem or nute burn. Tried to get him to test the soil but ppl keep telling him to just add cal-mag, or add more nutes. Lol.
I must be stupid or something because it seems I'm the only one who went and spent $12.99 at Walmart for one of these.
420-magazine-mobile1719629306.jpg

Not stupid at all and I will pop over there when I get home to see if I can add some insight. I made sure to have some test kits for my first grow and hey helped but most people are either too cheap or just don't have the money. Things like that a great tools to use as new growers but even as experienced ones and you can't figure out what's wrong. If you just end up dumping other chemicals into it you can cause way more harm then good so to me those kits are worth having around.

Not stupid at all and I will pop over there when I get home to see if I can add some insight. I made sure to have some test kits for my first grow and hey helped but most people are either too cheap or just don't have the money. Things like that a great tools to use as new growers but even as experienced ones and you can't figure out what's wrong. If you just end up dumping other chemicals into it you can cause way more harm then good so to me those kits are worth having around.

Ya. I've been growing for 20+ years. Have a B.Sc with an additional degree in Biotech and in the last 3 months I've opened an Independent cannabis contracting company because its going legal in Canada in spring and they (big canna) literally have no people to grow and troubleshoot canna grows. I've already been contracted by 3 of Canada's largest LP's and don't think I'll ever have to go back to my regular job.
And you know what? I still use the soil test kits. (I was being sarcastic about the $12 Walmart kit) I use the same kit but the big boy version that does 200 tests and does away with the reagent capsules.
What I don't have understand about this forum is people ask for help and then when you give it to them, they ignore your advice. It's extremely frustrating when you tell someone to use science to test and evaluate a problem and their like "Nah, I'll just add more Cal-Mag and keep dumping water on it" Lol.
This is me....

Thanks for helping this guy out. Like I said I don't use coco. I'm a BX man.

Ya. I've been growing for 20+ years. Have a B.Sc with an additional degree in Biotech and in the last 3 months I've opened an Independent cannabis contracting company because its going legal in Canada in spring and they (big canna) literally have no people to grow and troubleshoot canna grows. I've already been contracted by 3 of Canada's largest LP's and don't think I'll ever have to go back to my regular job.

What I don't have understand about this forum is people ask for help and then when you give it to them, they ignore your advice. It's extremely frustrating when you tell someone to use science to test and evaluate a problem and their like "Nah, I'll just add more Cal-Mag and keep dumping water on it" Lol.

Thanks for helping this guy out. Like I said I don't use coco. I'm a BX man.

Sounds like a good gig! I'm no expert as I've only been doing this a year and this is my first Coco grow but like you I am a science junkie. The growing and science is more important to me then anything. There is a lot of misinformation on here for sure.

Generally you see a lot of new people to the forums get on and they are so excited they post everywhere. If you dig down and find the old timers there is so much incredible information here. It's been awesome for me (as this is only grow 2) but you have to do your research. I think I caught the attention of a few of the experienced guys and they still follow me. It's like my safety net because I did research on their grows and they will know what to do when things happen. If not then they did a great job teaching in their journals. Getting the wrong information from forum "butterflies" that don't even grow can be costly if you don't put in the time researching.

I have no problem helping, good luck with your company.

When my plants are in the juvenile/mature stage (not seedling stage) I let the pH swing a bit. Between 5.8 and 6.2, although I generally keep it close to 5.9/6.0

Hope that helps.

Wait... just to clarify, I grow in coco using chem nutes. If using soil/organic then please ignore my above tip. Soil grows require a slightly higher pH, or so I've read. Never grown in soil.

Day 26 Flower - My original plan with the Blue Mammoth was to go two weeks past what the website says. That would put my harvest date directly on Christmas (day 89) which would be kind of cool. When looking around the plant though it is still 95% clear trichs. I'm thinking that this will wait until next week sometime before I harvest. There is still white perky hairs and it seems like it is still gradually swelling. Not in a rush anyways.

IMG_039143.JPG

I have hit a pretty happy spot now with my flower tent. I am getting the stretch I still wanted and things are just looking better than I could have expected. If I didn't have a small purple trainwreck then I would have the whole net filled but I have three other amazing looking girls. The interesting part over the last three days is that the Ayahuasca Purple looks to be reclaiming the lead for best looking plant. It is perfectly even and there are budsights everywhere! Even the Chemdawg is looking really good now and the White Rhino is not so far ahead anymore. I think all three of the good ones have about 45 good budsights on them and the Purple Trainwreck has 35 or so. Since everything is pretty even I now can sit back and enjoy the rest of this without worrying. Any additional growth is just a bonus. I decided it was time to give ya'll an individual look at them this time. Enjoy :)

Purple Trainwreck - I cleaned this one up pretty good and she looks way better. Still going to be very small but I hope to still get some quality bud off of her. She does seem a little further behind than all the others in terms of budding so maybe she's got a little more vertical stretch to her. That would be nice

IMG_038244.JPG

Chemdawg - She has been still stretching well and is pretty even. The trunk of this girl isn't quite as big as the other two good girls and she doesn't cover quite the same amount of space. Still very excited though because she is really not that much further behind and the Ayahuasca Purple and White Rhino I consider rock stars.

IMG_038544.JPG

White Rhino - This girl has been solid the whole time. A little more vertical would still be nice but she did her thing earlier then the others so I am less hopeful that she will continue to get vertical.

IMG_038146.JPG

Ayahuasca Purple - The reason I think this will catch the White Rhino is due to the awesome vertical stretch I seem to be still getting out of her. She was the best from the beginning and then the White Rhino came out of no where. She is now trying to retake the lead. You can tell by the leaves that her and the Chemdawg have a bit more of a sativa side. They might both keep growing a bit longer because sativas are known for their stretch.

IMG_038445.JPG

The Stretch! And remember those are 7 gallon pots, these girls are getting big.

IMG_038750.JPG

Everything looks great ur girls look good. Cant wait to get my journal going. To me this is the coolest and most rewarding hobbies to have. If done right u get to enjoy the fruits of ur labor!! Great job very educational and also ENTERTAINING!! Keep up the good work havent posted for awhile in ur thread but please believe Im still reading n lurking!!

Everything looks great ur girls look good. Cant wait to get my journal going. To me this is the coolest and most rewarding hobbies to have. If done right u get to enjoy the fruits of ur labor!! Great job very educational and also ENTERTAINING!! Keep up the good work havent posted for awhile in ur thread but please believe Im still reading n lurking!!

Thanks pino! I can't wait until you start your journal as well! Please make sure I know when you do. I try to keep things entertaining but I'm sure it gets boring from time to time! Glad you've stuck around!

They are doing fantastic as usual. I'm really looking forward to your reactions when AP buds start to fill. Strains a big producer from what I recall of breeder notes. Considering what you got out of Aurora Indicas you'll be glad you still have some room to fill with these!:thumb:

I just now noticed you're training the stretch growth at screen level. I think you said that was the plan early on but I forgot. Are you going to start letting them go vertical now?

For what it's worth, my sativa pheno Hash Bombs took 2 weeks longer (or more) than the indica pheno and had an extra week of stretch into the 5th week. Of course it comes down to strain how long they actually stretch and flower, but you may have a little longer stretch on those two.

They are doing fantastic as usual. I'm really looking forward to your reactions when AP buds start to fill. Strains a big producer from what I recall of breeder notes. Considering what you got out of Aurora Indicas you'll be glad you still have some room to fill with these!:thumb:

I just now noticed you're training the stretch growth at screen level. I think you said that was the plan early on but I forgot. Are you going to start letting them go vertical now?

For what it's worth, my sativa pheno Hash Bombs took 2 weeks longer (or more) than the indica pheno and had an extra week of stretch into the 5th week. Of course it comes down to strain how long they actually stretch and flower, but you may have a little longer stretch on those two.

I started to let them grow more vertical about ten days ago. The White Rhino is pretty much done stretching I think but another couple inches would have been nice. The Purple Trainwreck is just small and not going to do a ton of growing either way. The Chemdawg and Ayahuasca Purple are going to be perfect though and still will probably stretch a little more for another week or so.

Thanks for the compliments sir! I think I'm doing a good job for my first time with coco and a real ScrOG net and having no experience besides reading about it on these forums. Lots of different variables than my first grow. Plants have looked very healthy the whole way and with the size of the branches I hope some nice sized buds follow.

Back
Top Bottom