Ashley's Outdoor Northern Lights Auto, May 2021

Bhakti108

420 Member
I am a newbie. I purchased 5 Fem. NL Autos and am growing these outdoors with my uncle (he lives behind me). I made the mistake of starting them in a small cup of "organic" container soil mixed with some worm castings from Lowe's.... oops, rookie mistake ?? Hopefully not.

I transplanted 4 of them at 10 days and 1 at 12 days into 5 gallon grow bags filled with Happy Frog. Today, day 15, is the first day I have used water from the tap that I let sit outside overnight. My water is filtered in my house and prior to using tap, I have been using spring water.

They are growing their 3rd set of leaves as of today. I read a great article about how to water the plants around center, middle, and outer to make sure the soil gets pushed to the root ball for strong lateral growth.

I am looking forward to sharing the progress of my first grow with you all. Here's hoping I do not run into too much trouble!

If anyone has experience with an outdoor auto in Happy Frog, do you use nutes? I have read that most people don't with autos but I'd love feedback as to why/why not. I wanted as little maintenance as possible with my first grow but I still would love to maximize the yield of each plant so feel free to share some tips with me.

Pics are days 3 & 5. I will update tomorrow for day 16.

Peace

IMG_5490.jpg

64238875348__D6375744-0CFB-4462-87B3-C8D7C55816D1.jpg

Howdy do and welcome to 420 magazine

There Is a hive of information stored behind the search symbol, but there is also a treasure trove of knowledge stored within the members.
The answers to your questions will be given.
Unfortunately, I have never used that product, or grown an auto outdoors, so I can't really advise you, sorry about that. Someone will be along soon that can help..

Have fun and see you around

I am a newbie. I purchased 5 Fem. NL Autos and am growing these outdoors with my uncle (he lives behind me). I made the mistake of starting them in a small cup of "organic" container soil mixed with some worm castings from Lowe's.... oops, rookie mistake ?? Hopefully not.

I transplanted 4 of them at 10 days and 1 at 12 days into 5 gallon grow bags filled with Happy Frog. Today, day 15, is the first day I have used water from the tap that I let sit outside overnight. My water is filtered in my house and prior to using tap, I have been using spring water.

They are growing their 3rd set of leaves as of today. I read a great article about how to water the plants around center, middle, and outer to make sure the soil gets pushed to the root ball for strong lateral growth.

I am looking forward to sharing the progress of my first grow with you all. Here's hoping I do not run into too much trouble!

If anyone has experience with an outdoor auto in Happy Frog, do you use nutes? I have read that most people don't with autos but I'd love feedback as to why/why not. I wanted as little maintenance as possible with my first grow but I still would love to maximize the yield of each plant so feel free to share some tips with me.

Peace

IMG_5490.jpg

Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Be careful watering little girls. Overwatering can kill or stunt them.
Happy Frog soil is great but won't take you all the way.
Your going to need nutrients.
@GeoFlora Nutrients would be perfect for you. They are a sponsor and will help you with your grow. They are very hands on and are highly recommended.
I'll tag along and help if I can.
Happy growing friend.
Bill

When you get going post a couple pics in our 420 summer sunshine thread.

Bill

Peace

IMG_5490.jpg

Howdy and welcome. Yes you will need nutes with autos starting at about 3 weeks old. Agree with @Bill284 try Geoflora easiest to use. What is your climate like

Howdy and welcome. Yes you will need nutes with autos starting at about 3 weeks old. Agree with @Bill284 try Geoflora easiest to use. What is your climate like
Thanks for the tips... NJ is the climate, very warm or hot (83-94 F) with 20-30% or less humidity the past couple weeks.

My 3 plants 5/22.

may22.jpg

Uncle Chuck's 2 plants 5/22

See how his are smaller? Not sure how considering we get the same light and water... same HF soil too.

IMG_5808.jpg

IMG_5810.jpg

Back
Top Bottom