Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

thanks skybound that’s an excellent point! I will set that up as early as tomorrow morning. I’m a busy today otherwise, I would be doing it right now. Thanks, again!

@Skybound this is the setup so far and I’m sure I’ll need to do some tweaking and fine tuning. I through in an extra small fan to ensure more efficient air flow and minimize the change of burns, hot spots and so on.

34B583C8-CF0D-4391-BC26-1078CC6713CF.jpeg
BFABEB84-4120-434B-B031-A3444237A697.jpeg
6ABDFF20-1F04-4D99-BF52-478238615073.jpeg
B29B63E1-911E-4D9F-A70F-0293E5517AC9.jpeg

@Skybound this is the setup so far and I’m sure I’ll need to do some tweaking and fine tuning. I through in an extra small fan to ensure more efficient air flow and minimize the change of burns, hot spots and so on.

34B583C8-CF0D-4391-BC26-1078CC6713CF.jpeg
BFABEB84-4120-434B-B031-A3444237A697.jpeg
6ABDFF20-1F04-4D99-BF52-478238615073.jpeg
B29B63E1-911E-4D9F-A70F-0293E5517AC9.jpeg

It looks good now. Not great, but definitely good. The T5 ballasts will heat up and cause you grief, the bulbs can get better than warm too, but whatever, I assume this is just your starting point. Like all growers, we just keep accumulating grow gear as we can afford to. I advise investing in a quantum board as they are very low heat which is perfect for small grow spaces like that tent. Also look into small oscillating tower fans as they fit tightly into the corner and not take up any valuable space.

Those 2 suggestions aside, I think you're in a good spot right now. Your plants will enjoy the supplemental light you're giving, though I hope you made concessions for the heat build up and have good exhaust setup.

It looks good now. Not great, but definitely good. The T5 ballasts will heat up and cause you grief, the bulbs can get better than warm too, but whatever, I assume this is just your starting point. Like all growers, we just keep accumulating grow gear as we can afford to. I advise investing in a quantum board as they are very low heat which is perfect for small grow spaces like that tent. Also look into small oscillating tower fans as they fit tightly into the corner and not take up any valuable space.

Those 2 suggestions aside, I think you're in a good spot right now. Your plants will enjoy the supplemental light you're giving, though I hope you made concessions for the heat build up and have good exhaust setup.
Ill check out the oscillating tower fan for sure. I have a box fan and may certainly add another to keep the core cool. Not my first rodeo. Had to start over where I’ve moved temporarily. The most I could get a way with was a 48x48x80 with everything going on and power limitation couldn’t use my 600W HPS and exhaust, etc. have been considering the quantum’s for sure. I’ may pick one up at my next opportunity.

Ill check out the oscillating tower fan for sure. I have a box fan and may certainly add another to keep the core cool. Not my first rodeo. Had to start over where I’ve moved temporarily. The most I could get a way with was a 48x48x80 with everything going on and power limitation couldn’t use my 600W HPS and exhaust, etc. have been considering the quantum’s for sure. I’ may pick one up at my next opportunity.

oh wow, you got a full sized tent more or less, I thought you were in a 2x2, lol. Good news is there will be less heat buildup in the space. I used to grow under 600w HIDs too, now they all collect dust. I swapped them all out with 6COB fixtures. I wish I would've got QBs instead, but getting informed about LEDs is not easy IMO, too many new terms used. Still, my COBs are way better than my HIDs, not so much in yield, but definitely in light color (spectrums), heat production and power used. The reason LEDs use a lot less juice is because more of that juice is converted into light and not heat. With HIDs, only about 35% of the consumed power is actually creating light, the rest is wasted to produce heat.

When you start scrogging and start trimming, once each node/branch is around 1-3" long am I play to trim the leaf that is below that?

I am currently around a week a way from switching to flower and I have a lot of leaves in the way of other nodes trying to reach the light.

Any advice would be great.

When you start scrogging and start trimming, once each node/branch is around 1-3" long am I play to trim the leaf that is below that?

I am currently around a week a way from switching to flower and I have a lot of leaves in the way of other nodes trying to reach the light.

Any advice would be great.

I would just increase the airflow in the canopy and once your soil dries out enough, she'll jump into a growth spurt. Generally speaking, I never defoliate and only prune branches that I know won't produce well, but once all of those low small branches are removed, I never find the need to remove leaves. Your plants, though planty wide, still look very short and I would allow them to go vertical before deciding which lower branches to remove. The whole point of defol though is to improve airflow in the canopy, but IMO, your plants are still too short to make that determination at this time. I say let them grow taller some, then decide what is appropriate.

Can anyone draw a parallel with leaf claw and hermies. I think ive had a male in with the girls and since has given claw leaf. They clone and veg ok until 4-5weeks and then all leaves claw.

Clawing of leaves is caused generally by a few things.

Too much N

Overwatering with nutes containing too much N

Or it can also be caused by the pH being too low or too high causing other available nutrients to not be available which can cause an abundance of N as other elements cannot be absorbed and transported.

...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k..:hookah:

Can anyone draw a parallel with leaf claw and hermies. I think ive had a male in with the girls and since has given claw leaf. They clone and veg ok until 4-5weeks and then all leaves claw.

Also, them being clones, don't you already know the gender of the mother plant?

Hey guys,

About May 1st I’ll be moving into a pretty upscale apartment and would like to know what you all think is the best way to handle growing? I’m not yet sure if there will be inspections or how or if they will address any concept of weed (legal for both recreational and medical). I’m expecting to be on the first floor and will have access to a deck of my own.

Soil indoor/outdoor (could grow in bedroom walk-in closet or pantry is one idea)

hydro (aero garden w/ reserve tank)
Or anything else you guys can think of.

thanks in advance,
Mariguana

In a follow up to my previous question about stealth growing in an apartment. I’m trying to avoid non-cannabis or offensive odors such as soil with manure of any kind etc. my question is, as an alternative to soil would you guys recommend coco or some other variation of DWC I’m particularly fascinated by Bubbleponics but I’m not sure about how If I needed stealth(and I’m not sure that I do) how that would work.

Can anyone recommend a good pick me up strain? Something that lifts you up mentally and emotionally? I’m having a tough time right now and something to put a positive spin on the world must be out there. I know generally it’s just an amplifier of what we already feel but hoping for something.

Can anyone recommend a good pick me up strain? Something that lifts you up mentally and emotionally? I’m having a tough time right now and something to put a positive spin on the world must be out there. I know generally it’s just an amplifier of what we already feel but hoping for something.
Hi mariguana, I run with dark devil auto or strawberry cough for a more uplifting time.

...a lot of variables when it comes to recommending, as everybody can have a different reaction to any particular strain...unless you have a high tolerance to THC, a 1:1 strain just might be the ticket...I'm liking Critical Mass CBD strain, an Indica dominant 1:1 strain...a very nice offering of cerebral and physical effect...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...

...a lot of variables when it comes to recommending, as everybody can have a different reaction to any particular strain...unless you have a high tolerance to THC, a 1:1 strain just might be the ticket...I'm liking Critical Mass CBD strain, an Indica dominant 1:1 strain...a very nice offering of cerebral and physical effect...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...

thank You @dr.h00k I don’t have access to that strain but I know where to order the seeds.

Back
Top Bottom