Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Any thought on tap water vrs the filter water from A refridgrator? I will post pics in a bit..last three grows all different strains show this stress. BTW no bugs..used a x100 loupe all over the plants.
If the filter on your fridge is like mine, all it's going to do is remove particles and off flavors (if the activated charcoal isn't totally spent), which is to say it's really not going to do much for your plant if your water needs something more serious, like to have the excess minerals stripped out.

Do you know anything about your tap water? Hard? Soft? pH? PPM? You local utility's website can tell you some of that. (Your local grow/hydroponics store may be able to help too, but watch out for know-nothing clerks who confidently tell you a bunch of BS). ;)

<edit> Just saw the photos. Not sure, but that looks like it could be Ca or Mg deficiency. Are you supplementing Ca or Mg? And again, do you know how hard your water is? (Ca/Mg deficiency is less likely with hard water.)

I'm in the last stage of my grow I just started flower as my timer went bad.. my question is how bad is it for the Temps to drop below 70 possibly even 60 in the room plants still look healthy... and also I was gifted the seeds the package said batf does anyone know what strain it could possibly be

Im not sure that is nitrogen deficiency mate. I kind of doesnt start like that. What exactly are you feeding and how often? Ppm/ec? And ph. Also have you noticed any small black flies around the surface of the coco? I say that because fungus gnats cause plants to look like they have deficiencies such as Nitrogen as donother root issues. If it was N deficiency the leaves would be a lot lighter in colour where the green is, in coco anyway.

Also how big was the clone? Was there yellow on the clone when you got it? Or has it started yellowing later?
I keep my ph around 5.9 right now with just a quarter feeding of fox farm veg nutes. I haven't really been keeping track of her ppm just yet. She just started yellowing, could it be that it's been pretty cold here lately? I have had gnats before but haven't seen any on this clone and since it got cooler. Thanks for the reply cult I've been keeping up with your journal

Ok if you havent got gnats its unlikelyba root issue. It could still be nitrogen. You need to travk your ppms because a 1/4 of any feed means nothing really. The bottles never give the correct range for ppm land a 1/4 bottle is just guess work. I would for sure invest in a ppm/ec meter if you want the best possible plants in coco. For now id bump it up, if you on 1/4 strength i would bump it to half. Are you adding calmag as weĺl?

They dont like the cold and if your tap water is cold thats a problem also. Infact the cold water coulf be cause plants to stop taking in nutes. Mix some hot water in your res to bring it uo to 70f
Alright yeah I have a ppm meter and I'll start paying more attention. Just got busy lately. I harvest in a week so it will have the tent all to its self to recover real nice. Gonna just grow this one and try to make it a monster lol

If the filter on your fridge is like mine, all it's going to do is remove particles and off flavors (if the activated charcoal isn't totally spent), which is to say it's really not going to do much for your plant if your water needs something more serious, like to have the excess minerals stripped out.

Do you know anything about your tap water? Hard? Soft? pH? PPM? You local utility's website can tell you some of that. (Your local grow/hydroponics store may be able to help too, but watch out for know-nothing clerks who confidently tell you a bunch of BS). ;)

<edit> Just saw the photos. Not sure, but that looks like it could be Ca or Mg deficiency. Are you supplementing Ca or Mg? And again, do you know how hard your water is? (Ca/Mg deficiency is less likely with hard water.)

So i tested the water, ppm are 680 and the ph is 7.0 from what i get out of the report, its just over the line of being soft. For the last two weeks, i've added cal. mag. to the water. 1 tsp per gallon. I haven't seen any results, Its only on the top leaves the lower leaves are green only a couple on the bottom are showing yellow with rust spots. i tested the first cup of run off when i flushed them on Sunday. it was 6.7 ph. i didn't check the ppm range at the time. like i said this is a problem im having half way threw flower and different strains.. the one plant in the corner now. shows almost no signs of this problem.

So i tested the water, ppm are 680 and the ph is 7.0 from what i get out of the report, its just over the line of being soft.

Are you sure about those readings? If it's really 680 PPM, that's extremely hard water! I very much doubt that it would be pH 7.0 out of the tap. I would expect it to be higher than 8 in most cases. I think something's wrong there... (unless maybe you're not talking about the readings for your tap water and are talking instead about the readings for the nutrient solution you're feeding or your runoff?)

I started my first grow November 18th of this year is it too soon to give my plants nutrients this is as far as they grown
420-magazine-mobile1779210300.jpg

Are you sure about those readings? If it's really 680 PPM, that's extremely hard water! I very much doubt that it would be pH 7.0 out of the tap. I would expect it to be higher than 8 in most cases. I think something's wrong there... (unless maybe you're not talking about the readings for your tap water and are talking instead about the readings for the nutrient solution you're feeding or your runoff?)

science, I'm talking about the water out of my tap.. I checked both meters with calibration solution before i performed the test. those are the numbers. Please ignore my ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom