Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

So after checking the res in my bedroom (veg tent) I had the same issue. Only two plants so I took it outside and rinsed the entire res out, washed the roots, refreshed the res. BUT I DID NOTICE SOMETHING STRANGE... There was a bunch of tiny red worms entangled with the roots (bloodworms) "Bloodworms are common in stagnant water, animal watering troughs and other accumulations of standing water.
These insects are close relatives of the mosquito, but the adults do not have sucking mouthparts and are not blood feeders. The larvae have chewing mouthparts and generally feed on algae or other organic matter in the water. They may be found in plant roots that grow through the bottoms of float trays but apparently do not cause significant injury."

So these bloodworms just so happen to be the larvae of the Midge fly...

"Adult midges look a lot like mosquitoes: small and dainty, rather soft-bodied, with long, narrow wings and long, skinny legs; males often have feathery antennae, used for sensing the high-pitched sounds of female wings. Unlike mosquitoes, midges, at rest, tend to hold their first pair of legs forward and upward (while many mosquitoes, at rest, hold their hind legs outward and upward). Midges do not bite people at all"

So it looks like these "mosquitos" are more of a nuisance than anything.

So after checking the res in my bedroom (veg tent) I had the same issue. Only two plants so I took it outside and rinsed the entire res out, washed the roots, refreshed the res. BUT I DID NOTICE SOMETHING STRANGE... There was a bunch of tiny red worms entangled with the roots (bloodworms) "Bloodworms are common in stagnant water, animal watering troughs and other accumulations of standing water.
These insects are close relatives of the mosquito, but the adults do not have sucking mouthparts and are not blood feeders. The larvae have chewing mouthparts and generally feed on algae or other organic matter in the water. They may be found in plant roots that grow through the bottoms of float trays but apparently do not cause significant injury."

"Adult midges look a lot like mosquitoes: small and dainty, rather soft-bodied, with long, narrow wings and long, skinny legs; males often have feathery antennae, used for sensing the high-pitched sounds of female wings. Unlike mosquitoes, midges, at rest, tend to hold their first pair of legs forward and upward (while many mosquitoes, at rest, hold their hind legs outward and upward). Midges do not bite people at all"

unless its larvae starts chewing your roots ... get rid of them and if you get algae in yer res u need a waterchiller ...not?

and sprays means for flying insects in the garden
do not SPRAY from presurised cans on your plants unless you are 100% sure they wont burn the crap out your plants ... i know cause i made that mistake and sprayed pyrithreum on them and the solvents used burnt half my plant like so:
420-magazine-mobile912551198.jpg

mind you this is 30 minutes after my brainfart

do not SPRAY from presurised cans on your plants unless you are 100% sure they wont burn the crap out your plants ... i know cause i made that mistake and sprayed pyrithreum on them and the solvents used burnt half my plant like so:
420-magazine-mobile912551198.jpg

mind you this is 30 minutes after my brainfart

I've done the same thing... it kills any leaf that has contact.

I had it from a previous battle of mites I had... I only used it to fumigate the tent after.... then I got a clone and when I got home I seem a bug.... so I blasted her.... every leaf died... but she came back.... in flower atm

I would clear out any maggots, lavae etc as they will affect your plants roots. If you are not using beneficial bacteria in your res, you could just give it a flush with some water and hydrogen peroxide. The roots will love the extra oxygen it will provide and it will also kill most nastiness - having no detrimental effects on your flowering plants.

Oh, and as far as midges not biting people.... I live in the sub tropics and I would much prefer the odd mosquito bite than the swarms of biting midges that you see in scotland and scandinavia in the summer (they are savage).

I have a 1.2x1.2x2 tent, 400w cool tube extraction out window. temps sit between 24 and 28c day and night. House is about 24c. I have 1 oscillating fan. I want to add a 600w adjust a wing with no spreader at moment. But Temps hit 32+ and I observed leaf curl starting? Any advice other than ac?

Hi guys. I am facin a problem and i dont know what it could be. I ve searched the web but couldnt find what it could be. Im on week 4. I have autos the re doing all great! But one of them (the biggest one so far) on a couple of leaves i see something like a white powder is on em but its not when i touch em is nothing on them. This plant also has some set of leaves that are HUUUUGE never seen so big leaves on week 4 again. I am attachin photos. Pleaseee help! ✌️

Virus? What can i do about it? Im thinking that sometimes autoflowers do many weird things like this one. My first thought was that because its growing like maniac the last 5 days, maybe its because of that.. I dont know what else to say.. Temps are good humidity is good all conditions are perfect... :(:(

Virus? What can i do about it? Im thinking that sometimes autoflowers do many weird things like this one. My first thought was that because its growing like maniac the last 5 days, maybe its because of that.. I dont know what else to say.. Temps are good humidity is good all conditions are perfect... :(:(
oh autos can do really crazy stuff in my current run i have one with some kinds of freckles on the leafs she grew out of that and the previous run i had one shoot that produce half and fully albino buds ;)

Um, I live in Texas. Pulling outside air into the house is generally something we avoid doing down here for nine months out of the year. Lol

I agree it would work temporarily, because of the unusually cold weather this spring. But the 100F weather is due any day.
Ac unit ?

Hi guys. I am facin a problem and i dont know what it could be. I ve searched the web but couldnt find what it could be. Im on week 4. I have autos the re doing all great! But one of them (the biggest one so far) on a couple of leaves i see something like a white powder is on em but its not when i touch em is nothing on them. This plant also has some set of leaves that are HUUUUGE never seen so big leaves on week 4 again. I am attachin photos. Pleaseee help! ✌️

Tobacco mosaic?

Ac unit ?

If I have to. I have a small unit for the bedroom because this house has horrible ducting for a/c. The problem with running it too much is increased electric cost.

Straightening out the exhaust hose helped tons. It’s back to my normal temps.

Back
Top Bottom