Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

What's ur intake temp? Size tent? I have 600w in Cooltube in 1.2 x 1.2 tent 340m3/h extraction. Plus 1 x fan and my temps are a few degrees c hotter than intake without ac.

What's ur intake temp? Size tent? I have 600w in Cooltube in 1.2 x 1.2 tent 340m3/h extraction. Plus 1 x fan and my temps are a few degrees c hotter than intake without ac.

5x5 tent current temps average 77 under LED, T5 and individuals LED bulbs. HID will be a traditional hood. Exhaust is 6’ fan speed always at max.

No this was in tests, due to where i live i cant cool very efficiently as my air coming in is 25c+, thats why i put my 600w in cool tube. Down to 25c now which is great. If you check my journal you can se the struggle I had when trying to add the 600w light :)

Adding whatever element you found your crops were eating quickest in hydro?
C10AD706-9E90-4AC2-833D-C54FA8145E43.png

Can anyone advise me on the best means of a non gas form of C02 supplement. I was looking at some of the natural Co2 producing options for a 5x5 tent using “exhale c02 bags” I’ve heard and idk if true but the buckets are garbage. I’m not sure what my ppm would need to be if those were viable

I have found that co2 canisters are the only real solution where you can control exactly how much co2 you are giving your plants. Fermentation doesn't produce enough co2 (I suppose you could scale it up, but it's a hassle and smells too) and as you said buckets are not very effective. The only other safe way to produce large quantities of co2 is by using dry ice - but again, you cannot control the amount. If you are serious about using co2 I would use a canister - it'll last a while and you can control it.

I have found that co2 canisters are the only real solution where you can control exactly how much co2 you are giving your plants. Fermentation doesn't produce enough co2 (I suppose you could scale it up, but it's a hassle and smells too) and as you said buckets are not very effective. The only other safe way to produce large quantities of co2 is by using dry ice - but again, you cannot control the amount. If you are serious about using co2 I would use a canister - it'll last a while and you can control it.
Thank you for the info, much appreciated!!
One more question if you or someone else could answer for the past year I’ve grown under cheap LEDs and finally evolving to an HID (600W). My question is: should I keep the LEDs running with the HID or is it considered overkill. I have a loose understanding of how much light plants can use. I’m wondering if from a day-to-day cost it’s going to reflect in plant development or should stick with HId only or use one LED, etc.
Grow facts
5x5 tent
1 6’ exhaust directly out Window
1 A/C will be available if needed
5 skunk Kush @ 2nd week of (transitional) flowering
Soil grow in smart pots.

MORE LIGHT! Definitely run with them all or two seperate tents veg n flower. I did see tbn naturals giving insane ppm levels from a natural product.

I kinda chuckle at the oracle like nature of the thread. I feel like asking about the meaning of life or the weight of one's spleen. While technically, I know I could dig up such info, but it's more fun to pose such queries in a room and talk about them rather than checking the manual.
Fun!

Sorry... random drive by... back to your normally scheduled programming....

Meet my Charlie Brown Plant. She is on her third week of veg.
Me: Noob - first indoor grow
Plant: clone PermaDream
3.5g bubbler DWC
Mars II 900w LED
3x3x6 tent
Flora micro/gro/bloom series

Last check this morning:

Log Date: 06/27/2018
Lighting Type: Veg
pH of Nutrient Solution: 6.4
Nutrient ppm: 144
Electrical Conductivity: 0.3
Nutrient Temp: 69.8°F
Nutrient/Additive #1: Calimagic Value:004.0 mL
Low Room Temp: 68.0°F High Room Temp: 82.0°F
Low Room Humidity: 34.0% High Room Humidity: 70.0%
Plant Height: 09.7 in
As you see, she is burned. I started her with full strength nutes. When I saw the burn, I stepped it back. Eventually, we are sitting at 2mls per gallon of Calimagic in distilled water. Oh yeah, OR is coming on the 3rd,

I'm building a 17 gallon RDWC with OR water. Hoping the added water volume will better stabilize my pH which needs adjusting everyday and my water temp which drifts up to 74 before I insert a frozen pack (Which does get old).

I cut the brown bits off, is that okay? I also topped and fimed her.

THE MAIN QUESTION IS:
Will she come back? Get big enough to flip? I get new leaves but her height is all but stopped. What do I do?

Attachments

• 2283B546-C646-483D-BB36-F5D1B4A1324D.jpeg
    2283B546-C646-483D-BB36-F5D1B4A1324D.jpeg
    474.5 KB · Views: 100
Meet my Charlie Brown Plant. She is on her third week of veg.
Me: Noob - first indoor grow
Plant: clone PermaDream
3.5g bubbler DWC
Mars II 900w LED
3x3x6 tent
Flora micro/gro/bloom series

Last check this morning:

Log Date: 06/27/2018
Lighting Type: Veg
pH of Nutrient Solution: 6.4
Nutrient ppm: 144
Electrical Conductivity: 0.3
Nutrient Temp: 69.8°F
Nutrient/Additive #1: Calimagic Value:004.0 mL
Low Room Temp: 68.0°F High Room Temp: 82.0°F
Low Room Humidity: 34.0% High Room Humidity: 70.0%
Plant Height: 09.7 in
As you see, she is burned. I started her with full strength nutes. When I saw the burn, I stepped it back. Eventually, we are sitting at 2mls per gallon of Calimagic in distilled water. Oh yeah, OR is coming on the 3rd,

I'm building a 17 gallon RDWC with OR water. Hoping the added water volume will better stabilize my pH which needs adjusting everyday and my water temp which drifts up to 74 before I insert a frozen pack (Which does get old).

I cut the brown bits off, is that okay? I also topped and fimed her.

THE MAIN QUESTION IS:
Will she come back? Get big enough to flip? I get new leaves but her height is all but stopped. What do I do?

Attachments

• 8F9286F3-1C27-4D2F-8C3A-9F198CFA6C94.jpeg
    8F9286F3-1C27-4D2F-8C3A-9F198CFA6C94.jpeg
    451.3 KB · Views: 97
dont cut individual leave ends off it can shock the plant, also topping and fimming a stressed plant was a bad idea - never use stress techniques on a plant with issues. Luckily your growing weed and if your new growth is good and not burnt then she will be bouncing back - when she recovers. I've never grown with Reversed Osmosis water but Ive always had low ppm tap water <200.
You should really invest in a PPM/EC meter as you have such an expensive set up, seems silly to not be checking ur nute levels and working to a feeding schedule. pH swing is completely normal in hydro - its actually a good thing as allows plants to take up a greater variety of nutrients... adjust it to 5.8 and let it rise to 6.2 then adjust back down... normally 24hours or under depending on nute brands... current advice is to pH the advanced/ph perfect nutes too.

dont cut individual leave ends off it can shock the plant, also topping and fimming a stressed plant was a bad idea - never use stress techniques on a plant with issues. Luckily your growing weed and if your new growth is good and not burnt then she will be bouncing back - when she recovers. I've never grown with Reversed Osmosis water but Ive always had low ppm tap water <200.
You should really invest in a PPM/EC meter as you have such an expensive set up, seems silly to not be checking ur nute levels and working to a feeding schedule. pH swing is completely normal in hydro - its actually a good thing as allows plants to take up a greater variety of nutrients... adjust it to 5.8 and let it rise to 6.2 then adjust back down... normally 24hours or under depending on nute brands... current advice is to pH the advanced/ph perfect nutes too.
Thanks Slinks! I've been checking the PPM and PH and everything you see on the piece of my log I copied everyday. I'll keep at it. I mean, it a weed right. Its hard to kill! She'll make it. My next grow will be a pound in my 3x3 tent. That's my goal. Its possible, right?

No this was in tests, due to where i live i cant cool very efficiently as my air coming in is 25c+, thats why i put my 600w in cool tube. Down to 25c now which is great. If you check my journal you can se the struggle I had when trying to add the 600w light :)

Love my cool tube. That thing has been saving me 10f for years!
As I move to LED some, I've been frustrated by the open venting design of them. None of the manufactured models have any options for closed venting.
I considered stuffing some LED units into a 2'x2' HID enclosed hood. In the end, I mounted the LEDs in the top of the grow shed with the venting ports outside the room.... but geez LED manufacturers, you spend so much time telling us how cool your lights are, why can't you spend a few moments actually making them cooler?
I feel your pain baby. Life in a backyard tin shed deep in the southern US can cause some similar issues... but at least the food rocks.

Thanks Slinks! I've been checking the PPM and PH and everything you see on the piece of my log I copied everyday. I'll keep at it. I mean, it a weed right. Its hard to kill! She'll make it. My next grow will be a pound in my 3x3 tent. That's my goal. Its possible, right?
All she needs is love, light, rH, pH, PPM and nutrients and you'll be fine haha.. Ah sorry should of read the whole post, just assumed cos of the full strength and burn. Where's ur journal at? I'll check it out :)

Are you giving cal magic on its own???? you need some base nutes in the mix too... give her 150ppm of cal mag and then push base nutes up to 500ppm and you should be good

Back
Top Bottom