Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hey folks,
I just recently have been trying my hand at outdoor growing of feminized photosensitive plants and was wondering if any of you outdoor growers kept records on hours of sunlight or darkness when your ladies started to preflower and/or flower.? I’m trying to get an idea how much veg time I might have left outside.

Another outdoor flowering question I have is how much light does it take to screw up your plants dark cycle. Would a stray ray of light from the house or passing cars cause a problem? Everything I have read says it’s the hours of darkness that causes flowering not hours of daylight.

Any help is appreciated.
I would. Say no I turn my deck light on for dogs at night sometimes wife leaves on plants are about 80 feet away never issues alsoy bon fire pit is five feet away from plants never had issue with that has different kind of light.

I would say passing cars are fine just don’t get them headlights aimed at them too long.

Females are tougher then photos regs and again good genetics can help play a role.

I have never counted my light time during flowering one to busy working to do such . But good to take notes and journal of here so you have something to fall back on if needed and share and help others .

Dr ziggy has a thread low and slow seems to be popular and have smoked a buddies crop from here that did it and wow what I different amazing bud presence it was . Or sweet sue has a thread on it too now I believe .

Thanks @Kingjoe83 I appreciate the input. Currently, I'm studying on a thread from sweet sue about cob curing, absolutely fascinating stuff. If you have the time to look it over, you may develop an interest. I was initially concerned about the anaerobic environment created that we normally try to avoid but through a particular set of preparation it makes sense (and to my understanding some pretty damn good weed)

Thanks @Kingjoe83 I appreciate the input. Currently, I'm studying on a thread from sweet sue about cob curing, absolutely fascinating stuff. If you have the time to look it over, you may develop an interest. I was initially concerned about the anaerobic environment created that we normally try to avoid but through a particular set of preparation it makes sense (and to my understanding some pretty damn good weed)
See I’m not against it but I like to stick to low and slow one day again when I get a mini fridge devoted for my stash when I have enough too something with climate control feature and I like my hanging in room getting g temps and humidity to where I want and the right air movement around them. However , I am not ruling that I won’t be open to try new things I just have so much on the go im learning outdoor and organic growing and some other stuff don’t want to bite of more then I can chew to speak . Yeah I can mention other solid amazing individuals just as well as sweet sue .

Perk to most here is they all have good intentions to help others and share info.

Sorry I couldn’t be more of help man I want to try try to improve Taste mostly and potency of course but smooth little burn and taste is what I aiming for . Specially with my fruity strains. I have some ideas floating in my head to try to help boost flavour for certain strains pine , diesel , fruits etc... have this idea just need to find easy to we will call it an expierment one day .

See I’m not against it but I like to stick to low and slow one day again when I get a mini fridge devoted for my stash when I have enough too something with climate control feature and I like my hanging in room getting g temps and humidity to where I want and the right air movement around them. However , I am not ruling that I won’t be open to try new things I just have so much on the go im learning outdoor and organic growing and some other stuff don’t want to bite of more then I can chew to speak . Yeah I can mention other solid amazing individuals just as well as sweet sue .

Perk to most here is they all have good intentions to help others and share info.

Sorry I couldn’t be more of help man I want to try try to improve Taste mostly and potency of course but smooth little burn and taste is what I aiming for . Specially with my fruity strains. I have some ideas floating in my head to try to help boost flavour for certain strains pine , diesel , fruits etc... have this idea just need to find easy to we will call it an expierment one day .

That's a sound and reasonable way of doing things. I'm always looking for new things to try even if I'm busy I make room, time. Experimenting imo is the name of the game. It may cost you some weed and possibly frustration however, once you hit that personal golden ratio of settings and methods that work for you, it will all be worth it my friend. I live in a tough neighborhood where violence and theft is common so indoor is the only way I can go right now but, I've learned to work with what I have and make the most of it. I'm forever thinking up new ways of doing this and looking for new insights and creative out-of-the-box ideas. You only live once and once those dreams become regrets you've waited to long. Anyway, thats how I operate. You seem to have a good garden in the works.

That's a sound and reasonable way of doing things. I'm always looking for new things to try even if I'm busy I make room, time. Experimenting imo is the name of the game. It may cost you some weed and possibly frustration however, once you hit that personal golden ratio of settings and methods that work for you, it will all be worth it my friend. I live in a tough neighborhood where violence and theft is common so indoor is the only way I can go right now but, I've learned to work with what I have and make the most of it. I'm forever thinking up new ways of doing this and looking for new insights and creative out-of-the-box ideas. You only live once and once those dreams become regrets you've waited to long. Anyway, thats how I operate. You seem to have a good garden in the works.
It’s a garden that I try to attend to but soil growing is lazy I find . I honestly prefer hydro growing . But curious to see what happens organically.

Your right the world changes new ways ideas methods come we need to adapt and try new things as people /growers . Im always open to new ideas but trying to understand nutrients better still after two years lol

It’s a garden that I try to attend to but soil growing is lazy I find . I honestly prefer hydro growing . But curious to see what happens organically.

Your right the world changes new ways ideas methods come we need to adapt and try new things as people /growers . Im always open to new ideas but trying to understand nutrients better still after two years lol

Hydro is alright if you want size, soil is better if you want flavor. I only grow organically. I'm not against Hydro it's just not my thing. I've toyed with some kind of coco involvement but we will see at the end of my current grow.

Hydro is alright if you want size, soil is better if you want flavor. I only grow organically. I'm not against Hydro it's just not my thing. I've toyed with some kind of coco involvement but we will see at the end of my current grow.
Coco is awesome bro I can do amazing things in to now thanks to @Pennywise @Cultivator @Light Addict

All notable names. I've had help from @Pennywise and A LOT from @TheGreenYeti. Just started involving myself in some other places, broadening my horizons and all that good stuff. Maybe I'll follow up with you about Coco should the grow go in that direction.
Yeah anytime man always here to help my best I can ✊have a good Sunday bud off to smoke some blueberry

I love my boveda 58% 62 just to much moisture still for my likings .
I have bud that has sat for two years sealed in jars with B62 packs and the bud is all good. No teriyaki smell/taste and it comes out of the jar feel almost as fresh as the day it went in the jar with no hint of mold. I find when I lay a couple nuggets out for 30 minutes they are perfect for the grinder after that.

Right guys im ordering tonight or at latest tomorrow and i need to flip them around the 20th of next month so its 5 weeks from today by the time i get them and germinate them they will have a good 3-4 weeks.

I was thinking critical or try an upgraded critical+, this needs to be a very high yielding strain as i wont be growing next year or maybe later in the year.

Looking for 8-9 week strains, nothing past 9 weeks please.

It also needs to be from here The Vault Cannabis Seeds

Or this https://www.cannabis-seeds-store.co...widow-x-big-bud-feminised-seeds/prod_322.html

I was also thinking, because im only vegging for a very short time do you its best running 9, 3 lots of 3, they will be just left as, no topping or training.

Question about Rockwool..... What's the story on hindering good early veg? I have witnessed this on a few different occasions but can't entirely concur its the rockwool...... Is there an equal alternative that works with DWC or is this just tall tales?

So iv ordered some White Widow x BigBud they should be here by this weekend or early next week, germinate and pot them i should be starting my 1st weeks weg around the 1st of Aughust.

So my question is, i want to be able to yield 18-20oz from, they will be going in a 4x4 tent with a 600w HPS light, temps and air movement are always great so environment is perfect, so, what size pot should i go for and how long of veg time should i go for?

Growing in coco no perlite, i was thinking between 7-10L so 3 lots of 3, veg time i was thinking till the 20th of August or i could go too the 30th.

So do you think 18-20oz is possible? basically 2oz a plant.

So do you think 18-20oz is possible? basically 2oz a plant.

My bloom area is slightly less than 4x4, and I have two of them. I grow a single plant in each, so the veg period is about 8-10 weeks. The pot size I use is about 7 gallons (25 liters?). I've also grown strains mixed with Big Bud and faithfully pulled 20 ounces off each plant with minor deficiencies. So to answer your question, I'm saying yes, you can definitely take 20 ounces per cycle, probably more if growing out multiple plants.

Side note, I used to also use 600w HPS, but the heat and poor color spectrum drove me away from HID to COB LEDs and my COB rig "literally" drives circles around my HIDs. Though they give me a bit less lumens, I get full spectrum, just as much light penetration and almost no heat at all.

Hello @Skybound

Yeah iv potted all 9 uo yesterday and are already shown true leaves and have already started 1st node, real fast genetics, iv actually just been and bought a mars hydro 720w LED light this morning to try out for my last runs.

Thinking on using 2 cool hoods with 2x 600w HPS systems making 1200w of HPS light for the 8 White Widow x BigBud and 1 Peyote Critical then using the LED light for my 4 Northern Light clones iv got in my cloner now.

Hello @Skybound

Yeah iv potted all 9 uo yesterday and are already shown true leaves and have already started 1st node, real fast genetics, iv actually just been and bought a mars hydro 720w LED light this morning to try out for my last runs.

Thinking on using 2 cool hoods with 2x 600w HPS systems making 1200w of HPS light for the 8 White Widow x BigBud and 1 Peyote Critical then using the LED light for my 4 Northern Light clones iv got in my cloner now.

THIS is the kit that I bought. Well, I bought most of the raw materials, built my own frame and printed my own reflectors to save on cost. I am using the higher powered driver as I read these VERO29 COBs like to be driven hard and I generally keep them at about 75% unless I'm in the middle of a heatwave, then I lower them to about 50% and they still vastly out perform HID lighting. The problem with HID is that the lamps are generally in the 2000k - 2200k color temp region, and also "most" electricity consumed is converted into heat, and only about ~30% is used to produce actual light. The heat that floats off of the black pinned heat sinks raises the sealed room temps by about 5º F which is negligible and correlates to a more stable room environment. I'll still use my HID fixtures, but only to keep dust from settling on my attic floor, lol. Embrace this change!

IMG_20180526_165445941_HDR.jpg

Do I need to trim this bottom stuff out?
And can it be smoked?

That's not necessary, especially now being so close to harvest. I smoke mine so long as no nute water splashes on them. They might be a bit less mature, but still do the trick.

I'm interested in making shatter, but am not up to speed on what the latest cheap DIY methods are being used and wanted to ask for some leads to research. AFAIK, BHO is the widely accepted method, and there's plenty of info out there (YouTube etc) on how to do it, but maybe DIY extraction tech has advanced in the last 3 years, so I'm hoping to get some leads.

Edit - I'm looking to extract my trim, and maybe some of my bud too, and am looking for the method that will return the most extract, so I think Rosen pressing would probably not be the best for yields.

I'm interested in making shatter, but am not up to speed on what the latest cheap DIY methods are being used and wanted to ask for some leads to research. AFAIK, BHO is the widely accepted method, and there's plenty of info out there (YouTube etc) on how to do it, but maybe DIY extraction tech has advanced in the last 3 years, so I'm hoping to get some leads.

Edit - I'm looking to extract my trim, and maybe some of my bud too, and am looking for the method that will return the most extract, so I think Rosen pressing would probably not be the best for yields.

Try the extraction tube method.
image2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom