Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hey all it’s been awhile but I’m back and better than ever. I’ve got some questions first off I know none are the best but they work and I’ve proven that but what combo I should use is the question. In a 4x4 should I use 5 mars 300’s or 4 mars 300’s for peripheral lighting and a 450 watt Mezhi reflector series for main lighting or a 1200 watt cob hollandstar for my main. Or all 6 lol. I’m running 7 autos in 3 gallon fabric pots 12” carbon filter for out and 6” fan pulling off my ac for intake. Or should I scrap the led and put up a yield 600 watt mh hps cool tube with a digital ballast?
I just ditched my 600w HPS and got 480 watt 6COB fixtures that put out too much light as is for my 3'6" x 3'6" space. Them puppies put out a lot of light. HPS uses too much juice, most of which is converted into heat which is not a good thing in the warmer months. They're alright in the winter, but they don't have good spectrums.

Simply out of curiosity does anyone know the history of how decarboxylation such as how it was discovered? I feel ignorant not knowing history of some of the things we do. Thank you in advance!

is it safe to hang a damprid scented bag in the tent to help absorb moisture because my dehumidifier is not doing very well . its been rainy most of the summer here and really humid.
im.starting week 5 flower and the humidity gets up to 65 percent at night , days its usually 45 to 55 .
did anyone respond to this?

did anyone respond to this?

Scented anything will permeate the buds and influence smells and likely flavors. Just use plain silica beads found it arts & crafts stores, used to ironically dry flowers (lol) for scrap booking though. I once built a PVC air dryer for my blasting cabinet and got 5 pounds of the beads for less than $20 and they smell like nothing.

Edit - worst case scenario, unscented Damp Rid will do.

im going to ask this as intelligently and coherently as possible so bare with me.

As it relates to making weed butter. After decarb and all of that has occurred is it then possible to mix with heavy cream like we saw as kids in science class or Bill Nye or whatever where shaking it vigorously turns to butter would this be a method of maximizing the potency of the butter by allowing it to sit in the cream as it hardens to butter?

This allows an infusion with potency over time and removes the cooking process. Anyone done this?

Decarbing activates the weed so I’m hoping to understand whether or not the absence of cooking becomes inherently helpful or harmful to the manufacturing process.

In this scenario I would propose that keeping the butter container in a bag or some kind of light proof container so as not to dimish the capacity during the settling process.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Ar
im going to ask this as intelligently and coherently as possible so bare with me.

As it relates to making weed butter. After decarb and all of that has occurred is it then possible to mix with heavy cream like we saw as kids in science class or Bill Nye or whatever where shaking it vigorously turns to butter would this be a method of maximizing the potency of the butter by allowing it to sit in the cream as it hardens to butter?

This allows an infusion with potency over time and removes the cooking process. Anyone done this?

Decarbing activates the weed so I’m hoping to understand whether or not the absence of cooking becomes inherently helpful or harmful to the manufacturing process.

In this scenario I would propose that keeping the butter container in a bag or some kind of light proof container so as not to dimish the capacity during the settling process.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Are you saying put the decarbed weed in with cream... then make to butter?
I got one of those small shakers you just add the heavy cream and shake.... Instant butter

Ar

Are you saying put the decarbed weed in with cream... then make to butter?
I got one of those small shakers you just add the heavy cream and shake.... Instant butter

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Put the decades weed in the heavy cream and shake until cream becomes butter.

In theory it would work. The problem would be getting a good infusion without heat. You don’t want the bud in your finished product, just the good stuff.

Suppose that you make the butter and then use the heating process you would use for the traditional method and after heat has been applied for the traditional amount of time and strain. You can get a big nothing by putting raw bud in a cup of coffee and let sit for about 10 minutes without infusion, activating the weed or any of that. So there must in theory be some benefit to allowing activated weed to sit in a fatty substance. In theory lecithin could be applied. I have no specifics on quantities and measurements because right now it’s all theoretical.

It sounds like you're describing the cannabutter making process.

Any idea what would cause this and is it worth keeping alive

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181029-191505.png
    Screenshot_20181029-191505.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
Any idea what would cause this and is it worth keeping alive

It looks near withered, have you been watering it? Also looks like you have her in soil, which brand, or is it yard soil? When starting seedlings, it's best to keep them in tiny pots so you can control the wet to dryness more so until the roots grow out enough to lap up extra water.

Back
Top Bottom