Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I have a question regarding water quality tests. I notice that the tests of my city's water supply lists calcium and magnesium together, but for the kind of nutrient mixing I do, I really need to know how much of each is present. Does anybody know how I can locate this information, or which terminology I can use in the search engines?

Males? It's my first time trying and I'm not certain. Thank you

Attachments

• 20190102_002353.jpg
    20190102_002353.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 20181230_163923.jpg
    20181230_163923.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 212
Too early to tell - give them about two weeks.

Hey gang

Been a long time since I’ve bern buy but wondering if anyone out there has any info on lavender oil and if there is any benefits of adding a few drops of the oil into humidifier ?

I’ve heard and thought I’ve read before lavender and cannabis work well and tired wee perks to the aroma i think to benefit the plant .

Got me some lavender oil

:ganjamon:

Hey gang

Been a long time since I’ve bern buy but wondering if anyone out there has any info on lavender oil and if there is any benefits of adding a few drops of the oil into humidifier ?

I’ve heard and thought I’ve read before lavender and cannabis work well and tired wee perks to the aroma i think to benefit the plant .

Got me some lavender oil

Sweet Sue would probably know

Sweet Sue would probably know
Is there anything this girl doesn’t know seems to be the question lol

Guess I need to go see what’s going on over there soon anyways neem awhile . Thanks :passitleft:

Hey gang

Got me some lavender oil

I've read lavender is a pest deterrent. Is the application to freshen up your air, or your plant's air?

im using fox farm ocean forest, and the fox farm trio lineup. the plant has only gotten half the recommended nute serving, but the last couple weeks ive upped it to about 3/4 recommended serving hoping it was just lacking. the only other thing i can think of is nute lockout but i wanted to get a different opinion before i flushed her.

WHAT UP LEO?!?!?!?!?! Damn dude it's been a minute! I've read that yellowing leaves and curling up leaf tips could be K deficiency. As you said, normal in flower but not til much later. I always have good short term success with flushing.

Edit: it's always important to check the date of a post...

its been a while but i was hoping to get a more solid answer on something from the people that taught me everything i know about soil grows, as all the info ive been reading isnt matching up. ive decided to try my hand at growing in coco coir, to those out there that are well versed on this growing medium, how often do you water with nutes? ive read every watering and ive read every other.

Yes I agree ^^^, and will add that wet is better than dry with coco, she just loves it... I'm heavy handed with the feed so I actually need to cut back on my watering/ feeding. But I've got happy plants and that's what matters. I'm using 50/50 coco perlite.

Yes I agree ^^^, and will add that wet is better than dry with coco, she just loves it... I'm heavy handed with the feed so I actually need to cut back on my watering/ feeding. But I've got happy plants and that's what matters. I'm using 50/50 coco perlite.
i go pure coco in a regular 15l pot ... daily feeds with 1/3 recommended base and 100% calmag and boosters, in a 4x4x6
i didnt LST her and now i pay the price ... :ganjamon: i love it !!!

Nice plant Ptero! Perfect coloring everywhere. Not the slightest hint of imbalance. I'd like to know your nute line too! I mix my own, but can reverse engineer yours to get the elemental ppm to compare with my charts. I fiend for more nute knowledge and am pursuing a result identical to what you have, perfect shades of green everywhere right to harvest. I suspect you'll hit a roadblock in that small pot, but if this is your routine, I stand corrected in advance. Other than that, very nice everything, Kudos!

I've read lavender is a pest deterrent. Is the application to freshen up your air, or your plant's air?
The air that is is the grow room with my tents in it ?

The air that is is the grow room with my tents in it ?
I never heard/read about using it to influence the plant other than to deter pests in the wild. Are you trying to permeate the buds with lavender odors? It's been a while since I smelled it so can't remember if the scents would be a good add or bad, but IDK if it's even possible.

If you're looking to improve the taste, I can attest with certainty that elevated levels of sulfur in the feed have wondrous results with added sweetness to the smell and taste and made my OG kush taste like a smooth cheese cake. Conversely, it also makes Triple Cheese taste pretty much the same way so not much control beyond that.

Nice plant Ptero! Perfect coloring everywhere. Not the slightest hint of imbalance. I'd like to know your nute line too! I mix my own, but can reverse engineer yours to get the elemental ppm to compare with my charts. I fiend for more nute knowledge and am pursuing a result identical to what you have, perfect shades of green everywhere right to harvest. I suspect you'll hit a roadblock in that small pot, but if this is your routine, I stand corrected in advance. Other than that, very nice everything, Kudos!
thanks,

well i used Plagron from the start never had real issues with it but i play safe with the basenutes giving 1/3 recommended because the added calmag has a high N content it tends to cause N-toxicity better known as the claw.
today i pushed it a bit by preparing 3l with 4ml each A and B and 3ml each Green Sensations and calmag
tomorrow i will make 4l to get more runoff today produced not enough, barely any actually.
it is in pure cocos btw
on a side note this is an extremely big plant for me if not the biggest ever, mostly i get above average size plants and consequent yields

Back
Top Bottom