Asking for advice to help my first baby girl

Raymond A

Hi guys I'll try to make this short. My girl is in flowering stage, 2 weeks. I started indoor then went out for the 12/12 cycle. So mother nature is doing that part. But... I'm in the caribbean so we have great sun and sometimes extreme temperatures. We had a hurricane watch...and the bad weather kicked in. I had to take my plant back inside for a couple of days because of wind rain. So she was already soaked and it was time to feed her. So I think made the bad move of feeding her when she was already soaked with rain water. She started curling down and I thought it was the poor lights she had. Then I took her out the temp.
and the humidity was awful and that's when I freaked out. She started curling up and getting kind of a crispy sensation on the leaves. She looked like Tina Turner in her glory days. I think I over watered over fed and put her through a lot of stress. Hope the weather hel p me. Need some info to see what I should do. Thanks!

Re: Asking for advice to help my first baby girl.

Keep her under the lights, let the soil dry and the A/C should help dry the soil.

if the nutrient burn persists i would recommend flushing the soil with fresh water... flushing the soil will help get rid of excess nutrients in the soil and regain some semblance of 'normality'.
to flush all i do is remove from drip tray, place in my bathtub and let my tap water run freely through the soil for a good 10-15 minutes atleast... just a gentle flow of water should suffice.. then i would let her recover from the burn by lifting the lights(if you put her back under light) so as not to cause any further stress, just to be gentle with her and allow her time.
hopefully after that you should begin to see new growth emerge after a week or so.. when you do you can look to remove older scarred/burnt leaves.. personally i tend to be gentle with my gurls in such cases and dont cause stress all at once- by removing old burnt leaves, putting her back under lights and letting her dry out... i tend to treat her like an injured person and allow her time to recover.

hope your plant recovers soon!!
Peace!:peace:

Re: Asking for advice to help my first baby girl.

i would also make sure her roots arent wet... or sitting in water, i dont know what the drainage of your soil mix is like but having 'wet feet', so to speak can add stress to the root system and cause a reaction in your plant, this is soil growing we are talking about, not hydroponics.. which is another matter entirely

Peace/|\

Flushing is a good idea but I think regular tap water would have the PH off the chart! I would flush with balanced PH water to prevent further shock.

Back
Top Bottom