Asthma & Weed

SlimDog53185

So my girl has had asthma pretty bad all her life. I think I remember someone telling me it helped thier asthma when they started getting high. Does anyone here have asthma? Anyone got some experience with this ? I'd love to share the love and get high with her. How do I convince her to try it, but I obviously don't want to do anything thats gonna hurt her.

Re: Asthma & Weed yes.. pot is the answer

As a matter of fact just last week I was vaping with a 50+ year old woman who had had chronic asthma and totally freaked out her physician by trying medical marijuana for her asthma and she has no more symptoms now.. yep freaked out the docs who kept pumping her full of steroids.. I myself was amazed. Her breathing is normal and MM is her only medicine now. Yep, years of western medicine.. up in smoke.. or should I say vape? :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

But you must vape.. pot smoke is still smoke.. will only hurt. Vape is the way.

Cheap, affordable vape pipe.. vaporgenie ..lifetime gaurantee.

Yes Mr OBM, I am just a plethora of medical cannabis information.. thank you.

:peace: :peace: :smokin:

Vape on my brothers and sisters!

So I guess what I heard is kinda based in fact. I'll have to show her some of this info. She still says it would kill her, but I told her Iwouldn't let shit happen to her. I guess shes just scared.

Make sure she has her rescue inhaler, can't tell you how many times it saved my life, lol, and don't start her off with any thing crazy like 4 foot bong rips, start slow like with a little puff off a pipe let her test the water first, lol...

Or if she is anything like my girl she just hates to smoke, so make her some brownies or anything with Cannabutter in it ;) Good luck with introducing her to a "higher" level of reality...:cheesygrinsmiley: :bongrip:

Pinch said:
But you must vape.. pot smoke is still smoke.. will only hurt. Vape is the way.
My wife and I both have asthma . We mostly smoke joints . I also have a small bubbler . Mj definately makes me feel better when my breathing is hard . But I would recomend gettin a vape .
Cheap, affordable vape pipe.. www.vaporgenie.com ..lifetime gaurantee.
I got my lil genie off of e-bay pretty cheap :smokin: Although I don't use it very much . It does have quite an effect on the taste buds . It's sweeter to vape . The taste is awesome to me . And very smooth too . :peace:

i have asthma too.
i wanted to join the army about 2 years ago but any one with asthma cant join
they told me i had to be off the inhaler for 4 years where as i only came off it about 6 monthes before i was fine to join the army, i was working out every day and running every night,
i was so up set.
but anyway your GF should come off the inhaler and start jogging its the best medicine

^^ it's probably best not to suggest to dis-continue use of a life saving device. My cousin has asthma and she keeps her inhaler next to her when she smokes. I was going to suggest that besides a vape, she could also eat pot, like in cookies and brownies. mmmm those sound good.

My girl hates taking medicine for it and she really doesn't like the inhaler either. I just thought since I've heard it can help asthma I'd get her to try a little.

I made one of those light bulb vaporizers a few years ago. How does that compare to that pipe? It looks like the flame could touch the bud with the pipe.

So you people with asthma, has smoking weed ever made you have a bad asthma attack? If it has did vaporizing help that?

My friend has/had mild asthma.
Ever since he started smoking (since he was fucking 12), his asthma has gone away. Pretty weird if you ask me. THC does in fact open up your airways, it is a bronchodilator, and curiously acts very much like albuterol (with the increased heartrate to boot). I would suggest a vape or some sort of edible though, there's no point in risking it. Asthma is some serious shit. I have an allergy induced (pollen) asthma during the springtime. It fucking sucks.

I've been wanting a good vaporizer for a while. Sounds like an excuse to get one. Her uncle will give me the money if she asks for it. He takes good care of us, building a house and throwing me some great bud sometimes. Damn its nice having growers in the fam.

Can you get a vaporizer thats like a hooka with multi whips and all? Don't remember seeing one.

Hasn't anyone ever read The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer??

Here is the passage written about asthma:

More than 15 million Americans are affected by asthma. Smoking cannabis (the "raw drug" as the AMA called it) would be beneficial for 80% of them and add 30-a60 million person-years in the aggregate of extended life to current asthmatics over presently legal toxic medicines such as the Theophylline prescribed to children. "Taking a hit of marijuana has been known to stop a full blown asthma attack." (Personal communication with Dr. Donald Tashkin, December 12, 1989 and December 1, 1997.) The use of cannabis for asthmatics goes back thousands of years in literature. American doctors of the last century wrote glowing reports in medical papers that asthma sufferers of the world would "bless" Indian hemp (cannabis) all their lives. Today, of the 16 million American asthma sufferers, only Californians, with a doctor's recommendation, can legally grow and use cannabis medicines, even though it is generally the most effective treatment for asthma.

Hopefully that was of some help. :)

Edit: I actually wrote a paper on the therapeutic uses of cannabis a few years ago for biology and Jack Herer's book was my main work cited.

well ive had horrific ashema since 3-4 i get terrible attacks when i get a cold i smoked weed every day for 3 months or so no problems what so ever and then i started on cigs and my breathing is troubling but 99.9% says its from cigs not weed

Kittyloaf said:
dude, there's still tar in weed. Like it or not, there's goo in your lungs. An asthmatic just has three times as much goo to deal with.

This is an example of where the use of cannabis is purely therapeutic. One puff of cannabis can help to open up the airways, and also, has a very tiny amount of tar. But obviously, if used in excessive amounts (which for an individual with asthma I'd say a single joint is probably too much), the lungs will accumulate lots of tar. But hopefully most individuals with asthma realize that it is only helpful in exteme moderation.

ziggy marley said weed helps asthma and i believe him :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well she said last night she wanted to get a 3ft bong for a decoration on the end table. I was like what the hell, if you spend that much money on something like that I'm using it. She wanted to use it to, but I told her it would kill her. So now she really wants to get high with me. I just gotta get a nice vaporizer. You all have provided some very interesting info. I'll have to check out the stuff in that passage you posted, johnny.

Kittyloaf said:
Tellin' ya...

the Volcano.

I don't even have asthma and I'm still putting money away for the Volcano. I was going to get the Vapir, but I decided I didn't need the portability and wanted a better quality. I used to own a BC vape, which has cheap-ass soldering iron like heating element that roasts the weed, didn't even really serve its purpose. The temperature wasn't regulated enough.

But yeah... gotta love the Volcano. :smokin3:

Back
Top Bottom