Astonr420 - White Widow Clone CFL Indoor First Time Grow 2011

Truth Seeker

What strain is it? White Widow

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 60/40 Indica Dominant

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower

Flower stage... For how long? 4 weeks (29 Days)

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil

soil... what is in your mix? MG moisture control

soil... What size pot? 5 gallon

Size of light? 2x 19w 1x 23w 1x 27w 2700K
2x 23w 6700K

Is it aircooled? yes

Temp of Room/cab? Lights off 72 - Lights on 84F

RH of Room/cab? 42% - 50%

PH of media or res? 6.9

Any Pests? Gnats

How often are you watering? every other day or as needed

Type and strength of ferts used? Full strength
Fox Farms Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom, and Hydrogenetics Koolbloom at last 3 weeks

I had a previous journal but it was not created correctly, hopefully i will get some followers on this grow now, I got this clone from a one of the clinics i go to, she was already rooted when i got her but in a hydro cloner, so i broght her home and stuck her into soil and let her root for a week. Then I stuck her under a light... yea thats right 1 light, I am a noob!!! after doing a lot of reading on here i went out and bought some more lights for her and the correct ones also!!! So after she rooted i let her veg for 2 more weekson a 18/6 schedule and she got up to about 14 in. tall and i put her into 12/12 on April 27th and she is now on week 4 (day 29) so i hope i get some followers now that i redid my journal!!!

pix will be up soon... have to do some uploads!!!
:rollit:

Day 1 rooting
SAM_0470.JPG

week 1 veg
SAM_06161.JPG

week 2 veg
SAM_0760.JPG
SAM_07571.JPG

week 1 flower
SAM_08481.JPG

SAM_07641.JPG

week 2 flower
SAM_08581.JPG
SAM_0861.JPG

week 3 flower
SAM_09101.JPG
SAM_08691.JPG
SAM_1014.JPG

check out the trics already coming out!!!
SAM_1026.JPG

and i am on week 4 now, new pix will be up soon!!!

ok so i have a feeding coming up on the 30th, so i will take some more pix then, the last pix that i put up of the week 3 flowering was back on the 25th. something that has been bothering me recently, on 2 of the budding sites the white pistols have started turning orange and they are shriveling up to the bud, is this normal, I will put up pix if you need a visual of what i am talking about... i know it is supposed to happen but not yet, its supposed to start happening at the last week and a half before harvest... hope someone can shed some light on this subject for me...
:peacetwo:

ah for sure!!! thanks KK i was just in her room right now checking on her and she is just doing amazing!!! the size of the 2 colas though are starting to bother me as well. The main cola from stem is smaller than the other cola that happend from the topping is bigger than it. But i read in my bible that buds will usually bloom out dramaticly in the last 2 weeks of flowering, so im hoping for the best and just sitting back and lettin her do her thing! but the buds are really really really sticky as of this moment, and they feel nice and compact!!!

Looking amazing astonr420!

If you want to up your reflectivity (instead of foil, granted you're using CFLs) for a fairly good price (like $11), go to the local home depot or lowes or whatever is popular where you live, and pick up a small 2x10ft roll of reflective insulation. I built my veg box for like $40 and it's one of the most effective boxes I've ever dealt with.

Happy growing. ^_^

Edit: Upon closer looks, it appears you are extremely innovative. Nice job on the mylar balloon. :D

right on thanks for the advice ItsTheWater! its not foil that i have up, they are mylar balloons. i was working with a budget as i am saving up to get my grow tent!! i dont like this whole closet thing. but you work with what you can work with and i want to grow the dopest dope that i ever smoke!!! cant wait to ssay that and i hope i get to say that about my grow! do you think she might be to stretchy? i see everybody elses and they are all bushy! maybe its just me or is that how a hybrid grows? cus if thats the case im going straight Indica after this! i was told to start my first time with a hybrid cus they are easier to maintain and learn on.

right on thanks for the advice ItsTheWater! its not foil that i have up, they are mylar balloons. i was working with a budget as i am saving up to get my grow tent!! i dont like this whole closet thing. but you work with what you can work with and i want to grow the dopest dope that i ever smoke!!! cant wait to ssay that and i hope i get to say that about my grow! do you think she might be to stretchy? i see everybody elses and they are all bushy! maybe its just me or is that how a hybrid grows? cus if thats the case im going straight Indica after this! i was told to start my first time with a hybrid cus they are easier to maintain and learn on.

Granted my WW is no longer alive and kicking due to spider mites, yes, it stretches. I flowered one at about 20-24" tall and I regretted my decision within a week. WW grows fast and furious (at least for me) under good light and will keep doing so until she is fully mature. If you really enjoy WW, or for that matter any other hybrids (or even if you get daring enough to try at Sativa grow out ^_^), look into LST to maximize your potential in a small area. Simple methods such as bending or tying can even be utilized. Advanced methods like SCRoGs seem to produce waaaay more but are also a lot more work to take care of.

And yes, let me be the first to tell you, growing a near full (80%) sativa on your first time is not easy, as I would imagine a near/full indica would be the same. :Namaste:

oh man sorry to hear about your lady!!! I actually put her into flower when she was 13 in. tall and she stretched up to 27in. in the matter of a week, but i topped her to stop her from growing cus i am hoping that the rest of the light space i have can be for the buds rising! why is it that full breeds are more difficult? i just dont understand that, but i guess trying is how you get better at it!

oh man sorry to hear about your lady!!! I actually put her into flower when she was 13 in. tall and she stretched up to 27in. in the matter of a week, but i topped her to stop her from growing cus i am hoping that the rest of the light space i have can be for the buds rising! why is it that full breeds are more difficult? i just dont understand that, but i guess trying is how you get better at it!

My guess is pure strains (and this is just my mediocre chemistry background speaking here) are turned into hybrids to eliminate 'weak' traits or traits they don't want in a plant. Pure strains would logically seem to me to be easier mess up on for the simple fact that the traits selected to be removed from that plant, for ease of growing, would still be there. But I am no plant biologist and cannot say one way or the other! Keep it up!

so i did some remodeling today of my closet grow, today was a little warm in my room and it just wasnt cooling down, so i made a air intake as you see in my photos...
this is the fan outside of the closet and in my bedroom
SAM_1041.JPG

and this is the inside of the closet where the air comes out!
SAM_10471.JPG

already with it going with lights on, it has kept the temp down at 80 degrees, that is 4 degrees less!!! we'll see what happens tomorrow morning when lights go out!!! usually can get it down to about 74-76 degrees, so if i can get the same 4 degree drop it will be exactly where its supposed to be on night time!!!
well let me know what you think about my little creation

LOL i love it, i used to do the same thing at work, we had huge water coolers on wheels and it was blazing hot during the summer, I took a couple of 2 litters to work frozen, threw them into the cooler that would blow my way and everybody near me loved the colder air!!! lol

nah this did wonders for it, she stayed at 72 degrees during her night time!!! ahhh 45 more minutes til she wakes up for some food!!!

and keep posted, newest pix coming out tonight after i do my daily checks and feed her!!! cant wait to compare her pix from last week

alrighty now, here are the updated pix... enjoy
over the top view
SAM_10921.JPG

some nug shots
SAM_1070.JPG
SAM_1074.JPG

this is the nug that has her hairs already turning brown and shrivleing down
SAM_10841.JPG

and here is some shots of the trics forming oh so nicely
SAM_1095.JPG
SAM_10971.JPG

is it just me or is there a lone standing amber tric here in this pic?
SAM_1096.JPG

now with my nug size, is it a good size for her timing right now, she is on day 33 and she is supposed to flower 55 - 60 days... :peacetwo:

Hey Astonr420, really nice looking grow you got going. Thanks for looking at mine. I'll get some pics up soon. We'll have to compare some notes. My first grow was WW and Blue Cheese. The ww got lots of red hairs before the bc. If I remember right, about 50% were turned before I saw very many amber trics. I kept pretty good notes but didn't do an online journal for that one (no camera). If you want some specifics let me know I'll look at my notes. I also veg'd her for several weeks, she had lots of white hairs before I switched to 12/12, and as soon as I did, like you said, she grew real big, like overnight. :yummy:

I got 78 grams off her after she dried :roorrip:

wow 78 grams, was that off a seed or a clone??? i only have a clone going. what kind of nutes did you use for your grow? and did you use soil or hydro?

It was a clone from my local dispensory, same as my current grow.

I used floranova nutes, in a soil-less mix...sunshine mix#4.

This time I'm using the Canna brand nutes and the same media. Basically everything the same with the exception of the nutes.

I really think it's the light. I bought the Hortilux blue bulb, and I keep it as close as possible to the plant without leaf burn. 2".

I posted pics (thanks for the advice) of my current grow. These are only 4-5 wks veg and they are really nice. I hate to beat my own drum, but I've never grown b4 and I was so impressed with my first, I just had to try and do it again.

I hoping to dupe the results with this current grow. But this time I'm growing 2 ww, and using, suppose to be even better, nutes.

We shall see.

for sure, i will be watching!!! yours look so nice, your bulb looks like a MH bulb, which in turn can be closer than a HPS
yea i am using Fox Farms for my grow, it just seemed like its what everybody uses or GH and i like the results that i see on these journals, so thats what i got. i might do Dutch Master for my next grow, now that i have some experience i am going to get more than 1 clone, or i might just start some seeds, i have 13 Afgoo seeds left over from a sack i got from one of my local dispensaries, they said that that particular plante hermed and thats how it got seeds. so yea a total come up!!!

Back
Top Bottom