At It Again - Grow #2 - AK 47 / Big Bang Hydro Grow in Waterfarm - LED Lighting

So we are now on Day 33 since flip to 12//12. The girls are now drinking ~3/4 a gallon per day now. AK probably drinks a little more and also consumes more nutrients. Her ppm is a little over 100 less then PC's since last weeks reservoir change. AK's buds are also fattening up a little bit more then PC's.

I installed a RO water filtration system last week and have been topping off the farms with RO water. This has caused some different behavior in my PH readings. The ph actually goes down about 1 to 2 tenths per day now which is a first. This marks the first time I have ever used my bottle of PH Up to adjust. I have never used ph up in my first grow or this one until now so found that strange.

Here are this weeks pics.

I forgot to mention a few weeks back that I added my red ufo light to the tent when I flipped to flower. The Mars II probably doesn't need it but I figured why not since its not being used.
IMG_40263.jpg

I wanted to get some pics under natural light. Turned the LEDs off for about 10 minutes to snap these.

Here is a top shot of AK and PC. AK is on the left and her leaves are noticeably lighter the PCs.
IMG_39993.JPG

Here's the rest of them.
IMG_40034.JPG

IMG_40086.JPG
IMG_40115.jpg
IMG_40104.jpg

The towering bud below is AK.
IMG_40191.JPG
IMG_40163.JPG
IMG_40181.JPG
IMG_40242.JPG
IMG_40202.JPG

I'm very happy how this is turning out. Both of them are super frosty and developing nicely. I don't want to change things to much on the girls so the reservoir change tonight I'm going to use tap water that has been sitting out for a few days and continue to top with RO water. I'll go full RO on all new grows.

:peace:

IMG_180115.jpg

Just tested out my new Arizer Extreme Q 4.0. What a treat this thing has turned out to be. It has a nice blue illumination to it and there is also a blue light that illuminates the bottom base of the unit that is very cool when viewed in the dark.

The vapor it produces is amazing. I loaded it up with some Jack Herer from my first grow that's been curing for a couple months now and wow. Major upgrade from my little magic flight. It was so smooth i probably took a couple more hits then I should have. The taste is really clean. I can't wipe the stupid grin :) off my face and my wife is making fun of me right now. So glad I didn't get the Volcano. I think the 210 C (410 F) setting is to my liking.

:hookah:

Very nice All SMiles, glad you like it, mine does not have blue light around base :(

I let my pot sit in the bowl over heating element for about 5-10 mins at about 370. My thinking is it get the grinded up weed a bit dried out before passing forced hot air over it. Thicker vape at lower temp and theoretically more of good stuff that evaporates at the lower temps and not bad stuff that is higher temp boiling point. If you never reach the boiling point of higher temp bad stuff, it should never come out right?

Hell, just pack it in the elbow and draw without the fan. I leave mine on like that 20 hours a day sometimes. I use the little glass stir tool to sort of scoop it out of the elbow screen once I've taken 4-6 good rips. It will make your weed go even further. I can't remember the last time I loaded the actual cyclone bowl.

Mine is set to 374 and I rarely ever use the fan either.

;)

I dont up temp when fan goes on, stay about 370.

I use the fan and fill up a bag, one bag per bowl, usually fill it about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep tops of finely grounded buds.

Whip never worked for me, I suck to hard and pull the bud material up.

Everyone had different methods that work for the, make up your own :)

Appreciate the tips guys. Thanks for helping me initiate this fine piece of machinery and showing me its potential before I figure my own little tweaks that make me happy. :thanks:

Hell, just pack it in the elbow and draw without the fan. I leave mine on like that 20 hours a day sometimes. I use the little glass stir tool to sort of scoop it out of the elbow screen once I've taken 4-6 good rips. It will make your weed go even further. I can't remember the last time I loaded the actual cyclone bowl.

Mine is set to 374 and I rarely ever use the fan either.

;)

I will give this a try Gov. So just pack it in the elbow that is connected to the whip right?

I dont up temp when fan goes on, stay about 370.

I use the fan and fill up a bag, one bag per bowl, usually fill it about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep tops of finely grounded buds.

Whip never worked for me, I suck to hard and pull the bud material up.

Everyone had different methods that work for the, make up your own :)

Just tried this out Craw! :thumb: Very nice. I didn't use the bag though. Left the unit on for a little over 5 minutes on 370 then turned the fan on speed 2 with the whip and just inhaled savory vapor being pushed out. Oh so good. I tried inhaling without the fan but really like it on. It was like I was being spoon fed pot. :)

I see many happy days in my future!

Appreciate the tips guys. Thanks for helping me initiate this fine piece of machinery and showing me its potential before I figure my own little tweaks that make me happy. :thanks:

I will give this a try Gov. So just pack it in the elbow that is connected to the whip right?

Yep, pack it in the screen in the elbow. Also, if you haven't yet, get a good grinder. A good grinder and using the elbow-packing method has made my stuff last twice as long. One other thing too, the ceramic heating element has a lifetime warranty and I've left mine on for over 24 hours before with no ill effects. My unit is almost 2 years old now and works as well as the day I got it. I do find leaving it on for at least 10 mins before hitting it gets everything right where it needs to be. When I get home I hit the power button on the remote and don't turn it off until I go to bed. I just walk by and take a rip once in awhile. If it gets weak, I dump it into a small plastic container (I save the vaped weed for edibles and oil) and simply reload from the grinder. I also try to fill my grinder in the evening so it's slightly more dry the next day when I get home. Vapor production seems to be better with evenly ground, slightly dry material.

Here is a quick vid of the technique:

Thanks for the video reference Gov and the tips! I have a Space Case grinder which is awesome. I was very happy to see the the Arizer came with lifetime warranty on the heating element and 3 years on materials and workmanship. Just proves they are confident in and have a good product.

I tried this method out last night and wow. I'm lovin it. You and Craw have definitely got good techniques for using this thing. :thumb: Thanks for sharing. You can't find that in the manual (Tips for use with marijuana). :)

Thanks for the video reference Gov and the tips! I have a Space Case grinder which is awesome. I was very happy to see the the Arizer came with lifetime warranty on the heating element and 3 years on materials and workmanship. Just proves they are confident in and have a good product.

I tried this method out last night and wow. I'm lovin it. You and Craw have definitely got good techniques for using this thing. :thumb: Thanks for sharing. You can't find that in the manual (Tips for use with marijuana). :)

Glad it helped. Once I got my EQ dialed in, I was sold. There definitely ARE more expensive vapes, but my EQ has glass-on-glass connections and does EXACTLY what I need it to do. No moving parts and a lifetime warranty on the heater. I even "price-matched" mine and got it for $159 instead of the listed price of $230

:hookah:

I got mine for about the same price as you Gov. Great deal I think.

So today is Thursday which means update time for me. The girls are doing great. I did not have to adjust ph in the tanks the entire week :). I still check ph twice a day though just in case. They start the morning at ~6 and when I check them in the afternoon they are ~5.8. Since days are hotter now my AC stays on more so the temps are cooler now. Temps over night are ~66 and ~72 during lights on (tent is in basement). Reservoir temps are ~1 degree less then tent temp. RH ranges between 45% and 60%. I've upped ppm's to 1000 and on the Late Bloom cycle for GH Simple Flora Series schedule.

AKs buds are more fuller and rounded up top then PC. PC is skinnier and more pointed. Both are super frosty :)

This weeks pics are done with LED on. These taken using flash. They are at Day 40 Flower.
IMG_40353.JPG
IMG_40374.JPG
IMG_40406.jpg
IMG_40447.jpg

These are taken with no flash.
IMG_40534.JPG

These are all PC. Ignore first pic below this where it says AK. Don't know what I was thinking.:tokin:
IMG_40563.JPG
IMG_40492.jpg
IMG_40482.jpg

I picked up some Koolbloom powder that I'll start using next week instead of the liquid.

That's it for this week. Hope you enjoyed. :Namaste::peace:

:thumb:

Wish I had basement to grow in, supposed to be in 100's next week and doubt AC can keep up :(

Yeah man, I'm pretty lucky in that sense. My thermostat is set to 78 but the airflow in vents is way stronger in the basement since it's next to the furnace. The hotter it is outside the closer to ideal temp it is in the basement :) Pretty much the same way in the winter too except other way around. When no heater or ac is running my tent temp is usually at 77 with lights on. It gets pretty dry down there in the winter though (15% humidity).

Sorry to join the party so late. New to the boards. Found this journal after doing some heavy research and def digging the set up (waterfarm, led lights, and grow tent, floranova etc.) Hope to basically mimic this when I move here in the next couple of months. I appreciate all the information in advance sir! :goodjob: :bravo:

Winnie

:welcome: Hi Winnie! It's never too late. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to write. I think you will like it here on 420 Magazine. Once you get everything set up let me know and I'll follow your journal and try to help the best I can if you need help. I'm sure others will chime in as well. I think these waterfarms are perfect for a small scale grow and keeping within the limits of the laws in CO. They are easy to setup and maintain also. You just got to keep an eye out on PH levels especially during Veg.

Appreciate the welcome AllSmiles! Looking forward to the update as well! :thumb: I just wanna double check on what LED light system your using in this grow, the Mars II and the G8LED 90W? For my first time I just wanna run one plant I'm thinking about just using one led system instead of two.. (Invest in another for the second grow). How useful do you think the second LED helped this grow and what's your opinion on just one LED system for one waterfarm plant?

Winnie

Back
Top Bottom