Athos' Soil White Widow Auto Journal - 2014

Athos56

Let's Begin

Strain: White Widow Auto
Time from Germ: About 3 weeks
Medium: Soil
Mix: Black Gold w/ Earthworm Castings + Blood Meal + Bone Meal + Used Coffee Grounds + Powdered Egg Shells
Pot Size:10" Clay pot ~2gal
Lights: 4 - 48" T8 2 - Bulb Fixtures with 6 - 32w - 6500k bulbs and 2 - 32w - 3000k bulbs + 2 - 42w 6500k CFL and 2 - UVB bulbs
Cooling: Home's AC and a Fan
Temp: ~85
Pests: None Yet
Watering: Every 2 or 3 days as needed
Fertilizers: Currently using 1/4 tsp of Kelp/Blood/Humic/Azomite/Jam Guano/Molasses per gallon in different combos. Every other feeding is pure water. Going to top dress with Plant-Tone after the next set of leaves.

OK now for the pictures!
01a1.jpg

My Tent
02a.jpg

03a.jpg

Two shots of the inside, because I run high temps I added some yeast CO2 generators. I brew beer also, so this was easy, I had all the stuff.
04a.jpg

My Babies and a close up of my setup
05a.jpg

06a.jpg

#1 Close up
07a.jpg

08a1.jpg

#2 Close up
09a.jpg

10a1.jpg

#3 Close up

There you have it. I've taken a ton of written notes but I left them in my vehicle so I'll add any relevant info in a follow on post. All of the tent and stuff is DIY. Feel free to comment or to ask me questions. It'll be nice to have medicine now that I got my card :Namaste:

Athos

Nice! I'm in for the ride! Are you planning on any training methods?

Thanks! I'm going to tie branches and leaves around to open up the insides later. But I'm going to save the real LST for my first photoperiod. Welcome onboard.
Athos

Slight amendment - Now that I reread the written journal it seems I'm only on day 17 from Germination. This is my first Auto grow so I'm not sure if they look like they're on schedule or not.

Added another 4 CFL, 2 - 3000k and 2 - 5000k bringing my total Lumen to almost 40k

The tent size is 52" x 20" x 48"

The fan control controls a 6" duct booster, when it feels the heat of the lights rise above the ambient it thinks the heat is on and kicks on the fan. I have a diy carbon filter from an air purifier but I think I can smell these little guys, it could all be in my head. :p

Will Be Following Along! I've Just Started Growing My First Auto's Too, I Like Your Soil Mix Although Never Heard Of Putting Coffee Grounds Mixed Up, What's The Reason Behind? :goodluck:

I read that coffee grounds are a good source of nitrogen. Thanks for following along.

Nothing major to report. Tried a kelp foliar spray over the weekend and I'm going to do it every so often. I also saw a flyer today so I'm going to pick up some yellow sticky cards, maybe some diatomaceous earth, on the way home.

Athos

I'm also doing an Auto for the first time and I am on Day 15 from breaking out of the soil. Your are a few days ahead of me but your growth seems better than mine. I'm now subscribed to your journal and will be watching. I'll also be using your journal as a guage to my own. Now I feel I should be doing better.

Lookin good :thumb:

Here's my auto grow that doesn't look as good as yours
calyx-hunter-s-outdoor-samsara-s-ultra-violet-1st-auto-strain-grow

I'm also doing an Auto for the first time and I am on Day 15 from breaking out of the soil. Your are a few days ahead of me but your growth seems better than mine. I'm now subscribed to your journal and will be watching. I'll also be using your journal as a guage to my own. Now I feel I should be doing better.

Lookin good :thumb:

Here's my auto grow that doesn't look as good as yours
calyx-hunter-s-outdoor-samsara-s-ultra-violet-1st-auto-strain-grow

Welcome. I followed your grow as well. :high-five:

Received some new seeds today, including Heavy Weight Fast and Vast (Auto/fem) and Bomb Seeds THC bomb (Auto/Fem). I'm getting impatient to see if any of my WW are male to start a different strain. I think I could squeeze one more pot in there so I might germ one more seed anyhow...

One more note, I'm definitely seeing two phenotypes in my current WW. Two have fat broad leaves and one has more thin leaves, the thin leaf plant is also taller (sativa influence?).

Athos

Update: 3 days of growth
DSC_0745_-_Copy.jpg

Plant #1
DSC_0747_-_Copy.jpg

Plant #2
DSC_0746_-_Copy.jpg

Plant #3

I'm also seeing signs that #1 and #3 are female.
DSC_0750_-_Copy.jpg

Plant #1
DSC_0748_-_Copy.jpg

Plant #3

Plant #2 is still really compact. It's been a couple days behind in growth. No real change in procedure. I put some sticky cards down to catch Gnats, that's working. I also ground some egg shells and I'm soaking the powder in water to raise the PH a bit. The mixture in the gallon jug smells pretty funky. :Namaste:

Athos

Thanks, the CO2 line helped a lot since the only circulation I got is the duct fan and my temps range in the upper 80's. I also need to rig up a drip line to water through as well. I got those plant packed in so tight and surrounded by lights and hoses that I can barley reach in with a small water bottle to water them. I have a new air filter on order because the DIY one I made sucks, when I come home my room smells like my dorm room did 20 years ago. :Namaste:

So I have 1 plant, #1, which is really taking off. The other two are still pretty squat, I think it's different phenotype expression rather than different environmental conditions, which are uniform. It's not really an issue, but I'm going to have to start raising the lights for everybody to accommodate #1's height. I swear it has grown about an inch a day (just a guess, I haven't actually measured it). I hope the other two start stretching a bit after I raise the lights.

Finally, I have to buy a timer today because I'm going out of town and having the lights on 24-7 while I'm gone is sketching me out... I have one question, I had to water yesterday, and I want to water before I leave tomorrow, but the soil won't have dried out. Should I just give them a sip, maybe a pint each?

Athos

If There Still Got Quite Abit Of Weight To There Pots Then a Pint Sounds About Right Then They Shouldn't Need watered For a Couple Of Days!! There All Looking Good Though :thumb:
I'm kinda worried the tall #1 plant is gonna grow into the light. We'll see tonight ;)

Well Raise It Abit Then? You Don't Want To Burn Them It Even Being Too Close. Have Seen That Happen Alot!

Yeah, I raised it a bit before I left, I hope my estimate was accurate :) it had about 4 inches but the way it's been growing. I'll take pictures tonight.

Athos

Ok here are the pictures I promised. #1 did indeed grow right up to the light, thankfully the T8 bulbs are totally cool to the touch, I think you could rig the T8 bulb to grow in contact with a plant, nestled inside and it would be ok. They also had enough water for my time away, so everything was grand when I got home. I spent an hour installing my new carbon filter and rearranging my lights for the plants new size.

Size-comparison_-_Copy.jpg

Here you can see how much taller #1 is then the rest. Definitely some sativa phenotype expression
1-6-15-14_-_Copy.jpg

Here is a picture of 1
2-6-15-14_-_Copy.jpg

And #2
3-6-15-14_-_Copy.jpg

And #3

Got all my seeds finally, here's my inventory.
Dinafem Haze 2.0 Auto
Blue Kush Fem
Bomb Seeds THC Bomb Auto/Fem
Heavyweight Fast and Vast Auto/Fem
World of Seeds Northern Lights x Big Bud Fem
Royal Queen Critical Fem
Skunk Haze
BlimBurn Seeds CR+ Fem
Delicious Seeds Fruity Chronic Juice FEM

Enough to keep me busy for a long time. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom