Atlantic Canada outdoor grow thread 2017

Apparently, it is illegal to grow outdoors at all in the HRM, all grows have to be indoors.
So much for my summer plans.
The cops will probably be busy this summer, I grow indoors anyhow so no biggie.

Apparently, it is illegal to grow outdoors at all in the HRM, all grows have to be indoors.
So much for my summer plans.
The cops will probably be busy this summer, I grow indoors anyhow so no biggie.
Ive got a nice high fence all around my yard, i do have neighbours but both smoke and ive grown outside last year in the yard but in a raised garden bed, this year planting in the ground for bigger plants but im worried about cold october and no way to move the plant if the weather does go cold early fall

Ive got a nice high fence all around my yard, i do have neighbours but both smoke and ive grown outside last year in the yard but in a raised garden bed, this year planting in the ground for bigger plants but im worried about cold october and no way to move the plant if the weather does go cold early fall
The last few falls we've had have been warmer than old days, i spent days in the woods in a tshirt in late october last couple years. I'll check my garden journal but i think our 1st killing frost was in late october last year. I pulled my herbs late in the second week of oct, i think.

West coast of the island sorry,

Grew lots outdoors on west coast of Nl years ago.

Grew them in large buckets and in the ground a couple times. The bucket method allows you to avoid rain for the most part near the end of the grow. If we had a big rain coming i would either move them under a big tree or bunch them up and put a plastic sheet over them.

Had really good results with Donkey Dick outdoors.

Hi newbie here and wondering if I should start my seedlings indoors now. I will be moving them out later.

Is your frost safe date in early June? A 2 month head start is good. Suggest you set your lights to what the daylight hours will be when you put them out.

Also read up on plant hardening - a process to get them used to full sun and wind in stages so they dont get fried.

June 10th is the traditional last frost day, but was later last year. had frost on 19 June last year. (in cape breton). Had to take my girls in, frost killed a shit load of my beans, tomatoes and stuff in the garden.

Just wanted to let you guys on PEI know that I was in to Grow Daddy's in Stratford yesterday. The guys were really knowledgable and helpful. Good selection of stock and ready to answer any questions :)

The law in NS says the plants have to be hidden from public view. I don't think the the new law says you absolutely can't grow outdoors, the plants just have to be hidden somewhat. If you have a back yard with a nice high fence, or you're growing way out in the middle of nowhere, you're probably safe. That's assuming you're within the 4 plant limit.

June 10th is the traditional last frost day, but was later last year. had frost on 19 June last year. (in cape breton). Had to take my girls in, frost killed a shit load of my beans, tomatoes and stuff in the garden.
Hey bro, I'm a caper too.

I do lettuce, spinach, carrots, etc in my outdoor garden. I always wait until July 1 now before moving everything outside. I start everything indoors usually in May or June and then transplant outside once there's zero risk of frost. There were a couple years where we had frost in late June and everything got wiped out.

How's everyone's girls doing here in Nova Scotia

Attachments

• 20190923_145113.jpg
    20190923_145113.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom