Atmospheric controls

KiwiKing

Ok so I am in the process of revamping my grow setup. Currently I have built a armoire grow box with veg on bottom and flower on top. The grow area measures 2x2 with a 1x2 utility area for a total of 3x2. 4 strains will be run with either a 2 week or monthly harvest utilizing the scrog growing method. It will be all organic with a 250w hps for flower.

As the thread title implies, this will be a sealed box and I am wanting to know what options I have. I am in the process of researching small air conditioners, etc. These are hard to come by and can get VERY expensive...try $5000 for a thermolytic 2500 btu unit...I was thinking about using an icebox to cool the grow, but as it is sealed, this would create humidity issues. Does anyone have a reasonable solution (i want to keep my wattage down). I am also thinking about buying a mini fridge, taking it apart and then using the cooling unit in the box.

Also i need some help picking out the right co2 setup. It needs to be ppm controlled and will run off of a 20 lb tank. Does anyone have suggestions for a reasonably priced unit (or not so reasonably priced if push comes to shove)? Insights will be appreciated.

and just for fun, i'll be growing shnazzleberry #2, Vortex, jack the ripper, and agent orange.

Well i think i actually figured it out. The have mini dehumidifiers at walmart for like $50, pair that with an ice box and a Sentinel CHHC-4 and I think i'll be good to go...haha. Think the Sentinel is overkill?:smokin:

Also, will an ozone generator will mess with the sentinel's co2 reading or hurt the buds?

Oh yeah, what is this 420 points thing? It has a "bank account" in my user cp...

So after doing some reading it looks like an ozone generator is out of the question for the size grow i will have. What about UV light as an odor control? I thought i remember reading about it on here and am Googleing it right now. Anyone have any experience?

Eh, I have given some thought to using a drink cooler to make a grow room. The free standing types you see in some stores. We used to turn them into flower cases after work back when I first started doing HVAC/R.

Back
Top Bottom