ATrueBlackThumb's - LED - Kandy Kush - Grow In Soil

ATrueBlackThu

Hey everyone, I'm ATrueBlackThumb and this is my 5th attempt, second actual plant though, I'm sure you see why I chose my name. I'm growing Kandy Kush from Royal Queen Seeds. Thank you to DeanB and masonman for the help so far and telling me to start a journal. Also thanks to everyone else who helped on my other post.

KK is a hybrid with 60% indica and 40% saliva so its real close to a true neutral. I will only be growing one at a time as this is only for personal use between me and one very close family member. It is currently 5 weeks into the vegetative stage. I am growing this and all future seeds in a grow room I purchased. The tent is 48x24x72.

I am currently growing in soil and will probably continue in soil for a long time. I am also very new with this so I plan to keep this as basic as possible. I started the seed in a solo cup with just ProMix potting soil and perlite. Once I transfered it to the 12 inch pot it had ProMix, perlite, ewc, and black gold compost.

The only nutes I have are Camg+ but I also have Happy Frog Fruit and Flower and Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 on the way. I stupidly grew without these nutes and my baby is in trouble, im hoping they get here in time to save the plant, if not then this will be a very short journal.

I am growing with a single 250w full spec led panel which is currently running 24/0 for another 3 or 4 weeks then off to 12/12 for production of some (hopefully) delicious buds. For oder control and extraction i am using a 4" iPower-Carbon air filter with-extraction fan. Because the smell is seeping out through the air flaps I just purchased another 4" duct fan that I will be using as an intake so I can completely seal up the tent. The temperature of the room stays pretty solid at 78-79 as does the humidity at 58-61%.

I water with spring water that I have pH controlled to 6.5, although Considering how much water its gonna need after awhile I may need to switch to tap water. I pH tested the spring water after running it through and the soil/medium doesn't change the ph more than .1

Tools I currently have are pH meter, PPM meter, pH up an pH down, and of course a brand new pair of trimming scissors. LST started 2 weeks ago and I just topped it for the first time yesterday, hopefully its not too late into the grow to show a difference.

I'd upload some pics but....well I already have but they aren't showing up under "my photos" so maybe someone can help me there. Feel free to give advice or suggestions, as stated i am very new to this so it will all be welcomed.

Want able to get new pics but ill be able to this weekend. Photos below are from a week or 2 ago. Topped another area last night, hopefully I did this right.

Intake fan will be here next week and the happy frog will be here today. Unfortunately I already watered yesterday morning so all ill be able to do is top dress it right now.

received_101544275586748261.jpeg
received_10154415950059826.jpeg

Subbed, She looks heat stressed, may want to check your light distance. Be careful with adding nutes right away with the added ewc and compost to the promix that has up to 3 weeks of fertilizer in it. So if you transplanted, then the new mix has fresh ferts. in it and will release when you water. Don't overdo it :thumb:

Thanks for subbing DeanB, glad to have you here.

The light is 27" away and the temp never goes above 79, if its heat stress then this plant is picky. I have plenty of room to raise the light if you think its too low. How else could I lower the temp inside without buying an expensive Ac unit?

I think I transplanted it about 3 weeks ago so hopefully ill be fine there. Plus we all already know how many deficinies it has. Yup, im a terrible grower...for now.

The topping looks good. If not heat stress, than possibly nute burn. Have you checked the ppm of run off since you transplanted?

I kept meaning to reply sooner, I don't really know why I haven't.

The topping has really done a pretty good job of growing the nodes into more, I now have several and I may top them as well for one final round of topping. Im thinking my next grow I may try manifolding/main lining.

No i haven't checked the ppm of the run off I actually never even thought of that. Next time I water I need to remember to do that

Today marks Kandy's 6 week birthday. All the pics I took last night somehow didn't save so I will try again soon for new ones. The yellow and brown cupped leaves are definitely not getting any better but has completely stopped spreading anywhere else, all the leaves towards the top look green and healthy even the fully developed fan leaves so it appears that the happy frog and camg+ did their job and will make sure to add HF in my next grow so I dont run into these problems again.

Another quick update. I found there wasnt much room, or good way of mounting, in my tent so I mounted the fan outside the tent and it works really well. The temp inside dropped about 9 degrees and the Ac isn't even on in the house. And yes there is definitely negative pressure as the tent is pulling in. Unfortunately the rh hasn't changed and is still sitting at 65%. How can I fix this without buying a dehumidifier?

20160906_190650.jpg
20160906_190759.jpg
20160906_190811.jpg

Actually I found this really cheap dehumidifier on amazon, just $20 and it's got a 4.5 out of 5 score with 1800 reviews and doesn't require electricity until it needs to be recharged every month or two. I'll buy this on payday and keep this updated on how well it works.

Amazon: New and Improved Eva-dry E-333 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier

1666655919626.png

Back
Top Bottom