Attack of the clones!

dogue

Hi all, UK newbie, having a real problem with getting my clones to root? have watched a few vid's and looked at forums on how to take cuttings. but mine just wont root, dont know what to do ! have cut clones at a 45 degree angle spliced a litte in the middle at the bottom of the clone and gentle scraped the outta of the clone to encorage rooting and of course added rooting gel and placed in plugs and misted the medium and left for two days.

now here is were i iam having the problem, how often do you water the clones? because after two days they are bone dry and the leaves are willted and dry, is the medium drying them out too fast? been doing this for two weeks !!! and not one single root?

please help me out and show me were i am going wrong, here are some pictures of the clones and the products i have tried/using

DSC016484.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/DSC016411.JPG

DSC016465.JPG

Re: Attack of the clones !

Hey dogue. I've tried many different ways to root clones and the final conclusion is that an aero cloner will give 99.9% rate of success. No humidity dome needed, no rooting hormone, no nutrients, just plain water and it doesn't even have to be ph (unless your water is below 5 and above 7). Do some research on how to construct one for more details. Basically it breaks down of using a water pump (100gph will do) some 1/2 pvc pipe with holes, a 10-20 gal tote with a cap, some neoprene for the clones and you're good to go. This cloning method will save you a lot down the road without having to keep buying hormone gels/stimulant and plugs.

For the method you are using, a humidity dome is needed and you must mist the plants twice a day and leave them under some CFL or fluro lights until they take roots.

I do mine in cubes also.I soak them in mild nutrient and also use perlite in tray to help and don't be shy with it I put cubes in tray and then cover whole bottom of tray 1/4inch or so with perlite and I also use a high dome and a heating mat and put them in with 18/6 and just check em and maybe spray every day,I have a 98% survival rate with this method.Hope this was helpfull

Back
Top Bottom