Attaining apical dominance of side shoots by removing large fan leaves from main stem early in flower, no need to top

This Hong Kong plant from seed was not topped i simply removed the fan leaves on main stem and the side shoots came right to the top of the canopy and attained apical dominance.

Attachments

• 20181219_173410.jpg
    20181219_173410.jpg
    745.7 KB · Views: 173
THis is very interesting. Had to look it up so may as well share it:

In botany, apical dominance is the phenomenon whereby the main, central stem of the plant isdominant over (i.e., grows more strongly than) other side stems; on a branch the main stem of the branch is further dominant over its own side branchlets.

Interesting. I have been hesitant to pick these large fan leaves off as to not cut down on photosynthesis. I plucked a few here and there but just a few. Do you have any more photos of your plants?

I tend to top. I dont want tall plants because I scrog. I've only ever grown 1 plant without a scrog. It did ok, but It would have done better with a net.
It's my Merry 420 Day tree. You dont hang stuff on it like Christmas, but you still get presents

I dont really likr trimming a whole lot once i lollipop. I have two 75 watt 4500k lights on the edges of my canopy pulls the shoots right up interesting idea though. Any trauma i give i want it to be from topping amd bending not trimming the part of plant that pulls my expensive red light in.

Back
Top Bottom