Attempting A TLO Grow: East Coast

My advice is get at least one small grow under your belt so you have success, then expand a bit each grow.
This. ^^

Plus, how are you going to identify your keeper female if you don't flower them all and see which end product you like best? Good growth structure of the plant is only one factor. Others are quality of harvest, quantity of harvest, smell, taste, effect, etc.

You won't know any of that without following them all through to the end.

I say follow Nunya's advice and learn what you need to know before blowing through all your gear before you really have a decent handle on what you're doing.

Nice update for everyone… I came home from work today and the plants look stronger than ever. Although there is some leaf burn and curl, the growth seems to be positive again. They definitely like the new less powerful light and are enjoying the pure mineral water 60 ppm. I need to water them tonight and ran out of water bottles so I’m going to get some “spring” water tonight for them. Hopefully they will enjoy the naturally occurring minerals that I will dial in by cutting with 0ppm r/o water till it is 60 ppm. The good news is that the plants look strong, stems sturdy root growing and all new leaves are shooting toward the sky (light). Please let me know if you think the seedlings are looking better?

Pictures of seedlings

16951C8D-664C-44AC-8905-CB8082C3A9DC.jpeg

A5291119-8DB0-4819-B170-99F3BBBA786D.jpeg

0B8B4CB2-3F56-47D5-895F-6193A075A9F7.jpeg

23D2433F-2591-419F-81B3-C991DBCB5480.jpeg

24B55599-A278-44E1-A68F-2984C507219C.jpeg

543F9675-570F-4C16-B5B0-C74D4E90CCEC.jpeg

33282EA3-021D-433E-92EA-0214B775730B.jpeg

66753782-D374-4844-A967-881AB89280F4.jpeg

DB831E4E-83F8-4F46-8F06-CBF7B8CD219E.jpeg

I’m following the revs instructions for his “best designer water” in the article by the rev

Thats more or less what I do.

I use filtered tap water which gets rid of most all the Chloramine.
Although even filtered my ppm is 85-90
The pH is 7.0
I add Yucca extract everytime and just micro-doses of either Silica, Gypsum, Coconut water, Aloe Vera, and FPJ Fermented Plant Juice.
In flower I add micronized soy meal, micronized soft rock phosphate, fulvic acid, epsom, all just tiny micro-doses.
And I super oxygenate the water with o2 emitters.

I had a realization that I should give them all space and @Azimuth thank you because I started to feel each plant individually and keep them more happy aka not let em dry out so much.. good lesson learned. Now that I put them on trays like this I’m going to start trying the revs micropond method. I will link the article below, let me know what you think. Also, thank you @Nunyabiz for inspiring me with his water methodology. I will keep you updated with the TLO water process. So far I collected 20 gallons in a blue 35 gallon barrel from my stealth r/o 150 making about 10 gallons every 4-6 hours. I plan on brewing this water in small batches in my nutrient tea brewer or a 5 gallon jug, using the revs “best living water recipe”. I would love to learn more about how you make your water @Nunyabiz. Pictures of the seedlings are getting better, I will stay on top of the watering and hope they will grow I feel the patience growing inside of me hahaha it’s a nice process. Thank you everyone and I will touch down soon again

F32F6613-24C3-441E-B077-F98EBECA1606.jpeg

05EFDAB3-76FE-4F82-954E-59FA4C032E3F.jpeg

31037581-EEA4-47B0-A2F9-3BDF4310ED74.jpeg

6A99CCB9-9789-4573-9C33-73696DF60B8A.jpeg

I had a realization that I should give them all space and @Azimuth thank you because I started to feel each plant individually and keep them more happy aka not let em dry out so much.. good lesson learned. Now that I put them on trays like this I’m going to start trying the revs micropond method. I will link the article below, let me know what you think. Also, thank you @Nunyabiz for inspiring me with his water methodology. I will keep you updated with the TLO water process. So far I collected 20 gallons in a blue 35 gallon barrel from my stealth r/o 150 making about 10 gallons every 4-6 hours. I plan on brewing this water in small batches in my nutrient tea brewer or a 5 gallon jug, using the revs “best living water recipe”. I would love to learn more about how you make your water @Nunyabiz. Pictures of the seedlings are getting better, I will stay on top of the watering and hope they will grow I feel the patience growing inside of me hahaha it’s a nice process. Thank you everyone and I will touch down soon again

F32F6613-24C3-441E-B077-F98EBECA1606.jpeg

05EFDAB3-76FE-4F82-954E-59FA4C032E3F.jpeg

31037581-EEA4-47B0-A2F9-3BDF4310ED74.jpeg

6A99CCB9-9789-4573-9C33-73696DF60B8A.jpeg
Hey @Tractor Organics hope you are having a good day.
Cute garden.
Just curious how are your temps and rh in there?
Also cardboard is flammable. :Namaste:
Do you have a smoke detector in there?

Stay safe
Bill

I was saying your plants look overwatered, so I'd let them dry out a bit before watering again to allow the roots to get some oxygen. They look pretty droopy. They should stand back up at attention after you water if they're in need of water. Otherwise they're telling you their feet are too wet. The pot should feel surprisingly light when you pick it up. If you can feel water weight in there give them a chance to use it.

It is only after the soil dries out that they start to build new roots to go looking for water. If it's available to them at their feet they get lazy and don't grow. And you want big strong roots when you get to flower.

But the color is looking much better. :thumb:

Update for everybody. Hello and merry Christmas!!! Hope everyone is focused and ready to take on the new year! My plants seem to still be having issues. They have continued to grow but most are still very small and do not look very promising. At this point I think they need to be transplanted because it’s been 40 plus days since germination and their in 3 inch pots. I want to transplant them to one gallon pots and sex them when they start to show their sex. Although, I attempted to find their sex by following a photoperiod technique the rev suggests. I failed because I adjusted the photo period and changed the environment before the 14 days of sprouting in the flower room on 12/12. The rev says after doing this and giving them a true dark cycle too, they will show sex at 30 days old after putting them into the veg cycle (16/8). I’m seriously considering sprouting more seeds soon but first but news. Now that my super soil is cooked I can experiment with that and the plants going into that are going to take off I assume because I followed the revs recipe and let it cook for 40 plus days. I’m now ready to experiment by sprouting seeds but I don’t want to risk wasting cannabis seeds so I will experiment with tomato seeds collection. I have 4 varieties I will test and each variety I will germinate on a different day and use different techniques. This is going to be fun. I will keep you all posted with the experiments in the garden and post pics of it all soon. Thank you everyone and have a wonderful Christmas and new year!!!
I also just finished reading Ed rosenthals new installment of how to grow cannabis 2021 and it was good. Much talk about creating a perfect environment and how to do that. Also how to use the environment in many ways depending on your medium and examples. Plus cool info on how cannabis effects you, terpenes, medical uses and companion plants. I still love the revs book the most as I find it is the most directed for the style that I would like to use in my grow but it is awesome to see what other people are doing is amazing. Thank you Ed rosenthall and I am definitely going to buy all the shit you talked about in your book. Lol I love how expensive and the lengths I will go to grow but I have a feeling that one day it will all pay off!!! (Harvest time)))Thank you everyone and have a merry Christmas!

75DC77F0-C324-49FD-8398-88C8F2372E54.jpeg

863DF1E6-B4FF-4E41-B617-3FD29C657AD3.jpeg

88BF5506-4937-4735-AB8E-51B0728ADA9B.jpeg

E9E08193-5338-48DF-8314-D511442A9BCC.jpeg

8A01E76B-BC1E-4F3F-9B9D-4BAE1D123262.jpeg

They look like they are hungry in addition to overwatered. What are you feeding them?

Your leaves are pointing to their roots, showing you where their problem is. The cooked soil should give them access to the nutrients they need so after transplant the color should improve dramatically. But you really should let them dry out between waterings. I know you've read somewhere that you should keep the living soil constantly moist, but your plants are telling you that they don't like the environment you are providing.

Try it. I think you'll see significant improvement. Hell, try it with just a few plants. I wouldn't go through any more gear until you try some experiments on the ones you already have going and figure out how to grow them well.

They look like they are hungry in addition to overwatered. What are you feeding them?

Your leaves are pointing to their roots, showing you where their problem is. The cooked soil should give them access to the nutrients they need so after transplant the color should improve dramatically. But you really should let them dry out between waterings. I know you've read somewhere that you should keep the living soil constantly moist, but your plants are telling you that they don't like the environment you are providing.

Try it. I think you'll see significant improvement. Hell, try it with just a few plants. I wouldn't go through any more gear until you try some experiments on the ones you already have going and figure out how to grow them well.
Update for everybody. Hello and merry Christmas!!! Hope everyone is focused and ready to take on the new year! My plants seem to still be having issues. They have continued to grow but most are still very small and do not look very promising. At this point I think they need to be transplanted because it’s been 40 plus days since germination and their in 3 inch pots. I want to transplant them to one gallon pots and sex them when they start to show their sex. Although, I attempted to find their sex by following a photoperiod technique the rev suggests. I failed because I adjusted the photo period and changed the environment before the 14 days of sprouting in the flower room on 12/12. The rev says after doing this and giving them a true dark cycle too, they will show sex at 30 days old after putting them into the veg cycle (16/8). I’m seriously considering sprouting more seeds soon but first but news. Now that my super soil is cooked I can experiment with that and the plants going into that are going to take off I assume because I followed the revs recipe and let it cook for 40 plus days. I’m now ready to experiment by sprouting seeds but I don’t want to risk wasting cannabis seeds so I will experiment with tomato seeds collection. I have 4 varieties I will test and each variety I will germinate on a different day and use different techniques. This is going to be fun. I will keep you all posted with the experiments in the garden and post pics of it all soon. Thank you everyone and have a wonderful Christmas and new year!!!
I also just finished reading Ed rosenthals new installment of how to grow cannabis 2021 and it was good. Much talk about creating a perfect environment and how to do that. Also how to use the environment in many ways depending on your medium and examples. Plus cool info on how cannabis effects you, terpenes, medical uses and companion plants. I still love the revs book the most as I find it is the most directed for the style that I would like to use in my grow but it is awesome to see what other people are doing is amazing. Thank you Ed rosenthall and I am definitely going to buy all the shit you talked about in your book. Lol I love how expensive and the lengths I will go to grow but I have a feeling that one day it will all pay off!!! (Harvest time)))Thank you everyone and have a merry Christmas!

75DC77F0-C324-49FD-8398-88C8F2372E54.jpeg

863DF1E6-B4FF-4E41-B617-3FD29C657AD3.jpeg

88BF5506-4937-4735-AB8E-51B0728ADA9B.jpeg

E9E08193-5338-48DF-8314-D511442A9BCC.jpeg

8A01E76B-BC1E-4F3F-9B9D-4BAE1D123262.jpeg
Merry Christmas @Tractor Organics

They are starving and as mentioned they look overwatered.
Sorry I don't know. :Namaste:
What's in your pots?
What are you feeding ? How much? When?
Ph? Ppm?
Light?
Temps?

Looks like plain water?

Stay safe
Bill

Well, not quite yet, but they're certainly not their healthiest selves. Keeping them well watered means different things to experienced growers vs. inexperienced ones. To the inexperienced, it means providing a constantly moist media so the plant doesn't have to work too hard to find water. That usually leads to root rot and pretty unhappy plants. His pics are a classic example.

To the experienced it means means providing just enough so the plant can use it all up before the next round of watering.

But all the new grower hears is "well watered."

He'll figure it out, but we're trying to help him learn it now before it becomes unrecoverable for this round.

Not seeing nute burn though.

I didn't see any reference to temps. I think he said east coast and cold temps so unless he's got an issue in his grow room my bet is still over watering.

Maybe he can tell us about his watering routine:
-how often
-how much per plant
-how he knows it's time to water
-etc.

I think it's root rot causing the plant to no longer take up nutrients and leading to the fading of the color in the leaves.

Will be interesting to see if there is any improvement when he up pots into his now fully cooked soil. Also maybe he can post a root pic when he does up pot. That could tell us a lot.

I think if you look back to the first day or two when the sprouts were transplanted into their current pots and soil that they almost immediately started turning lighter in color.
And could swear somewhere in there he stated "watered when soil was dry"
So I never got much of an impression that in a handful of soil they were lacking oxygen.

What I did hear was home made soil, a super-soil I believe, temps at "99-92" which I assume meant 90-92⁰.
And a lot of light.
In combination with what sounds like a bit too potent of water too early in life.

And there's really no such thing as overwatering. I believe this term has caused as many dead plants as anything else because it freaks people out about using water and they then tend to underwater to the extreme.
If there were then hydro and coco wouldn't be a thing either.

The problem would be lack of oxygen to the roots because of the soils inability to hold oxygen.
Thats not a watering problem thats a soil problem.
If your soil is very dense, lacks proper aeration, too much compost, then you've created mud and will have a careful balancing act the entire grow of this water to run off then wait 5+ days for it to "dry out" which are two conditions that roots hate the most, too wet then too dry with like one day in the middle where its just right.

If your soil tilth is correct, especially if you're in 20+ gallon fabric pots and have worms drilling holes and roots from cover crop keeping to soil loose and at least 30% aeration of pumice, biochar and rice hulls.
Then you have created soil, soil thats alive with oxygen, and can water pretty much daily with about 5% of soil volume. Especially if that water is aerated with lots of dissolved oxygen.
This keeps the soil at that "just right" stage all the time instead of 20% of the time and the soil is loaded with oxygen.

Basically similar to coco.

Back
Top Bottom