Attic 3x3x5 Tent Grow - Need Advice & Feedback

Mikesu58

Hello, I plan to start growing very soon in my Attic. I have set up a 3x3x5 Gorilla Grow Shorty Tent already, and am just waiting for the rest of my equipment to arrive, and set it up before I start the grow op. I used Styrofoam 1" reflective insulation to create a room in my attic, separate from the rest of it.. sealed up with duct tape in the crevices & cracks. Here is the equipment list of what I will be using, I would greatly appreciate any/all advice or critique on my set-up by experienced growers

-Gorilla Grow Tent Shorty (3x3x5 ft)
-Yield Lab 400w HPS+MH Air Cool Hood Reflector Grow Light Kit
-Eye Hortilux Blue 400w MH bulb
-Eye Hortilux Red 400w HPS bulb
-Four 6" Oscillating fans
-Ipower 6Inch High CFM Inline Exhausting Fan & Carbon Air Filter
-25 ft Ducting
-Two VenTech 6" Duct Fans, 240 CFM
-Three Fan speed controllers for the ventilation fans
-Kilawatt Power meter
-Ph meter (water)
-TDS meter (water)
-3 in 1 Ph/PPM/moisture meter (Soil)
-Five 5 gallon Smart Pots
-38.6 quart bag of Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil
-8 quart bag of organic Vermiculite
-16 quart bag of organic Perlite
-Fox Farm Trio Liquid Nutes solution
-General Hydroponics Ph UP & Ph Down
-General Hydroponics Ph calibration solution(s)
-Botanicare Cal-Mag
-Botanicare Silica Blast
-Dehumidifier
-Oil Radiating Heater
-Auto Flowering Feminized Northern Lights (Cropkingseeds)

I will be using heavy duty extension cords, power strips, to power all the equipment, on separate breakers throughout the house. **(No actual outlets in the attic)**

Thank you for reading my thread, and again any feedback or advice on how to make my set-up better, or just opinions on what I plan on doing are appreciated! I plan on starting my operation by the end of this month! Thoughts?

Hello, I plan to start growing very soon in my Attic. I have set up a 3x3x5 Gorilla Grow Shorty Tent already, and am just waiting for the rest of my equipment to arrive, and set it up before I start the grow op. I used Styrofoam 1" reflective insulation to create a room in my attic, separate from the rest of it.. sealed up with duct tape in the crevices & cracks. Here is the equipment list of what I will be using, I would greatly appreciate any/all advice or critique on my set-up by experienced growers

-Gorilla Grow Tent Shorty (3x3x5 ft)
-Yield Lab 400w HPS+MH Air Cool Hood Reflector Grow Light Kit
-Eye Hortilux Blue 400w MH bulb
-Eye Hortilux Red 400w HPS bulb
-Four 6" Oscillating fans
-Ipower 6Inch High CFM Inline Exhausting Fan & Carbon Air Filter
-25 ft Ducting
-Two VenTech 6" Duct Fans, 240 CFM
-Three Fan speed controllers for the ventilation fans
-Kilawatt Power meter
-Ph meter (water)
-TDS meter (water)
-3 in 1 Ph/PPM/moisture meter (Soil)
-Five 5 gallon Smart Pots
-38.6 quart bag of Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil
-8 quart bag of organic Vermiculite
-16 quart bag of organic Perlite
-Fox Farm Trio Liquid Nutes solution
-General Hydroponics Ph UP & Ph Down
-General Hydroponics Ph calibration solution(s)
-Botanicare Cal-Mag
-Botanicare Silica Blast
-Dehumidifier
-Oil Radiating Heater
-Auto Flowering Feminized Northern Lights (Cropkingseeds)

I will be using heavy duty extension cords, power strips, to power all the equipment, on separate breakers throughout the house. **(No actual outlets in the attic)**

Thank you for reading my thread, and again any feedback or advice on how to make my set-up better, or just opinions on what I plan on doing are appreciated! I plan on starting my operation by the end of this month! Thoughts?
Looks like a sweet build mate! Got me chair out for this one! Post pics whenever possible! (I would add some LED cobs on the sides and have the hps in the middle)

Here are my babies: .

420-magazine-mobile108806320.jpg
420-magazine-mobile458468393.jpg

80x80x160 mylar tent and 130w LED.
Growing auto critical.

Subbed!

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If you go led, make sure you take spacing between the light and the plants into consideration..most recommend at least 12-24"...thats a lot of vert space to give up. Not saying don't....just remember. If you use cool tubes heat shouldn't be that big a problem with good fans.

:circle-of-love:

Well thought out plans MikeSu. You have a lot of heat captured there which could probably supplement the rest of the house as you have filtration well taken care of so your pet skunk should not be detectable. Depending on your climate, you might need a cold air inlet. This is going to be good.
Happy growing,
:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom