ATTN: Patients with Primary Caregivers

Med in CO

It astounds me, as a Primary Caregiver, that no one is even considering the hardships the Patients with a Primary Caregiver, not a Dispensary, are going to have.

As it reads in the passed bill:
Page 39 line 10
Rule-making. THE STATE HEALTH AGENCY MAY PROMULGATE RULES REGARDING THE FOLLOWING:
(I) WHAT CONSTITUTES "SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITY FOR MANAGING THE WELL-BEING OF A PATIENT";

(II) THE DEVELOPMENT OF A FORM FOR A PRIMARY CAREGIVER TO USE IN APPLYING TO THE REGISTRY, WHICH FORM SHALL REQUIRE, AT A MINIMUM, THAT THE APPLICANT PROVIDE HIS OR HER FULL NAME, HOME ADDRESS, DATE OF BIRTH, AND AN ATTESTATION THAT THE APPLICANT HAS A SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITY FOR MANAGING THE WELL-BEING OF THE PATIENT FOR WHOM HE OR SHE IS DESIGNATED AS THE PRIMARY CAREGIVER AND THAT HE OR SHE UNDERSTANDS AND WILL ABIDE BY SECTION 14 OF ARTICLE XVIII OF THE STATE CONSTITUTION, THIS SECTION, AND THE RULES PROMULGATED BY THE STATE HEALTH AGENCY PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION;

The 'Colorado Dept. of Health' tried previously to assign tasks other than only growing and supplying medicine to his or her Patient (s). Many Patients, Primary Caregivers and supporters showed up to protest these changes, and the 'Colorado Dept. of Health' backed off.
The 'Colorado Dept. of Health wanted to add to the Primary Caregiver's duties.
These suggested duties included:
Taking the Patient to Doctor's Appointments
Taking the Patient shopping (Grocery, Cloths, etc.)
Taking the Patient to their pharmacy to get their RX.s
And taking care of their daily health needs.

If they 'Colorado Dept. of Health' puts tasks on me to qualify as a 'Primary Caregiver' as the new bill states, I will not be able to care for even '1' Patient. Forget the 5 or 16 Patient limits.
I have a regular 40+ hours a week job and my own family to care for. I will not be able to take my Patients to their Dr.'s appointment. I can barely get off work to take myself.
Having my own family to care for, I will not have the time to go shopping, pick up RX's, etc. with or for my patient (s). I will not neglect 'MY' family!!!

Many Primary Caregivers, I'm sure, are in the same situation as me. Who will the Patients, that don't want to sign with a Dispensary, going to get to grow their medication?

With fewer Primary Caregivers, watch the prices go up at the dispensaries"

I charged my patients what it cost to grow their medication (Supplies, electricity, water and fertilizer). I don't charge for my time. This brought their expense for their medication to less than 1/3 of what they charge at the Dispensaries, and many times they couldn't even afford that and I would give them their medications for that month. Will the dispensaries do that for their patients? I can afford to do this without jeopardising or neglecting my family. I can't afford to give my Patients more of my time than I spend growing their medications.

The State Legislature, Dispensaries and their Attorneys sacrificed the Patient that has a Primary Caregiver.
The Colorado Dept. of Health wanted to make these changes before, and I'm sure they will do it this time if we let them.

Thanks for reading this.

ColoradoMed

Re: ATTN: Patients with Primary Caregivers.

Me again:
I forgot to add
Page 40 Line 7
(5) Primary caregivers. (a) A PRIMARY CAREGIVER MAY NOT DELEGATE TO ANY OTHER PERSON HIS OR HER AUTHORITY TO PROVIDE MEDICAL MARIJUANA TO A PATIENT NOR MAY A PRIMARY CAREGIVER ENGAGE OTHERS TO ASSIST IN PROVIDING MEDICAL MARIJUANA TO A PATIENT.

ColoradoMed

Back
Top Bottom