Atulip's Autos - Perpetual - LED & HPS - Organic Soil - Multiple Strains

Topping an auto will not control its size if done at the correct time. Its strain dependant how big the auto will grow.i supose u could shock her and top abit later on but yield would be affected;)

I top to make them wider. Big Devil xl was kinked also, I wanted to give her a little bonsai feel. Topped 6-7 different strains so far and always see recovery in 3-5 days. An excellent way for an even canopy.

Dark Devil was topped late. She ended veg shortly after, I wasn't expecting her to start flower that early, but she was also ready at 72days from seed.

Bubble Kush topped went well but about 2 weeks later he revealed himself as a male plant. So breeder error or herbies error got me a male autoflower seed.

Cheese was a bad top done at node 2 that ended with 3 tops instead of 4. I'll get some pics of her later. She's stinking up the tent.

I also have 3x Dinafem Critical+ Autos flowering right now. One was ponytailed, one was topped, one was left naturally. Very interesting to see the difference.

Cheese and crits will end this grow.

New journal is a Auto SoG perpetual trial with a whole bunch of mephisto strains. Giving them 8-9" square space, each and I wanna see how well each does in a SoG style. I have plans to attempt to top late and see if I can get some cool double/quad tops right before stretch to really maximize the amount of top bud getting hit by that light. But I'm also struggling with my soil a bit and rehauling it right now, so its amateur hour at my house lol. Links in Sig for anyone interested.

Yeah there's a lot of misinformation about topping autos. I've noticed no real downside and I've even experimented at different nodes. Node 3-4 seems ideal for most strains. The ones at node 2 had a slower recovery time it seems, or maybe they were just so small it was harder to see resumed growth.

Here's our RQS Cheese a week ago at day 60. I chopped an extra top when I hit her too early.
IMAG13795.jpg

And the RQS Bubble Kush Male(or whatever it was) was looking good until he went all balls. Gave the rest of my RQS beans away so I hope no one wanted to see those grow lol.
IMAG11383.jpg
IMAG11374.jpg

Here's my Dinafem Critical+ Autos when I had them out after they started flowering.

Left was ponytail trained. Middle Topped. And right natural.
IMAG13216.jpg

And today, Day 64. Back left topped, right ponytail, middle natural.
IMAG14141.jpg

RQS Cheese today at Day 67. Pulled most the fan leaves and gonna leaver her for another week. but there's already some Amber trichs.
IMAG14104.jpg

Big Devil XL jarred and weighed. 59.4g. Feels a bit too crispy on the buds but I'll give them a day in the jar and rehydrate if needed. There also was about 4g of trim. Thats smoked for my samples, and oh boy what a sample.
IMAG14193.jpg
IMAG14201.jpg

Semi smoke report: Overly dry big devil sugar trim smokes smooth, smells sweet, and has a wonwderful high. More head than body, kinda has an old school stoned feel to it. Very relaxing, euphoric, creativity boost, appetite stimulant, no couchlock, but also not too energetic. I'm fine sitting on the couch, or I'm fine working in the grow room. Just a great all around high.

Nug shots
IMAG14213.jpg
IMAG14256.jpg

With flash
IMAG14243.jpg
IMAG14261.jpg

RQS Cheese came down today. 238g wet so close to 2oz dry. 73 days seed to weed. Unusually sweet stank to her. Excellent open structure from topping, all top bud. Had I not botched the topping she should've had 4 tops.

IMAG14283.jpg
IMAG14294.jpg

IMAG14303.jpg

IMAG14314.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom