Aurora Indica - Advice Welcome!

Free bud

Aurora indica help please!
Hi everybody, I really appreciate having a place like this to seek help with problems. I am on my second grow.

It's aurora indica. Indoor tent 2'x3x5' with a 6" inline fan and a fan inside the tent blowing on the plant. 400w mars II led. Right now it is 24" above the top of the plant. It's in a 2.5 - 3 gal. pot with roots organics soil. I'm feeding it the general organics nutes. Temperature range in the tent is about 81F daytime to about 73F nights. Humidity during flower ranges from 40 to 50%. I veged for 4 weeks on 18/6 light cycle. This is week 5 day 2 of flower on a 12/12 cycle. My water is tap left to sit out 48 hrs. Then ph to 6.4 when giving plant just water. The GN nutes says you don't have to ph when feeding. She needs watered every other day, it's bone dry by then, and I feed every third watering. Ok, now, everything was going pretty good when I noticed some yellowing on my older bottom leaves that looked like mag def. I read that with LEDs you may need to increase cal/mag so I fed two waterings in a row, I think my first mistake, then on the next watering I gave it cal/mag and molasses. A few days later I noticed some leaf tips yellowing and over the next few days the edges of leaves and tips yellowing and spotting. I flushed it with 4 gal. of water. Two days later I flushed it with another 4 gal. of water and in the 4th gal. I added a normal dose of nutes. I think she has nute burn but I wanted to see what you guys think and is there anything else I should do? The first pic is before I did two feelings in a row and the rest are from today which is about 1 1/2 weeks later.
image12203.jpg
image12202.jpg
image12201.jpg
image12200.jpg
image12199.jpg
image12198.jpg

Subscribed. I also have Aurora Indica seeds that I will germinate sometime. Your leaf damage appears to be from either under watering, nutrient burn, nutrient burn and a phosphorous deficiency or is root bound and requires transplanting. I would transplant your plant into a larger 5 gallon size pot, this will extend the period between your watering and allow your plants roots to grow as well if the plant is root bound. Plant grown under LED light panels have a higher requirement for calcium and magnesium. I would use your calcium and magnesium supplement every time you water your plant. Have you checked the pH of the first runoff liquid when you water your plants?

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks KJC! :peace: it seems like this problem happened right after I increased the feeding but, now I realize my ph has been off the entire grow. I've been keeping it at 6.5ish. I checked my initial run-off when I watered this morning and it was about 6.8. I ran a gal. thru it at 6.0 and then mixed my cal/mag into another gal. and gave that to her. The end run-off was 6.4. Should I amend the soil with some kind of top dressing to get my ph down more? Or, should I ph my water a little lower? Things were going so well I'm afraid to re-pot her but, if that's what it comes to....

King John, I'm looking at the cannabis deficiency chart. It kind of looks like potassium deficiency but, could it maybe be a toxicity problem?

I do not believe that your plant has a excess toxicity problem with its leaves. your leaf damage appears to be from either under watering, nutrient burn, nutrient burn and a phosphorous deficiency or is root bound and requires transplanting.

I transplanted into a 5 gal. Pot. Here are some pics of the roots while transplanting and the plant after I transplanted and watered with 6.0 ph water. The last pic is a couple of plushberries and another Aurora Indica.:yummy: any help is appreciated! :thanks:
image12242.jpg
image12243.jpg
image12244.jpg
image12245.jpg
image12246.jpg
image12247.jpg

So, does it look like it was root bound? She doesn't look any worse this morning. I'm assuming I can start with the normal feeding schedule again.
image12242.jpg

Thanks King John! I appreciate the advice :thanks: I'm going to see if she needs watering today and do a little pruning. It looks like the leaves aren't getting any worse today!

Well, it's been 5 days since I transplanted her into the 5 gal. pot. I pruned the worst looking leaves, 2 days ago I fed her nutes, today it gave her water and the go cal/mag. I checked the ph of the cal/mag mix and it was 5.9. I caught some run off water and it's ph was 4.9!? I bought a bag of roots organics elemental. It's supposed to help with cal/mag def. and buffer ph. I'm going to add it as a top dressing. Any ideas are appreciated. Here are some pics.
image12476.jpg
image12477.jpg
image12478.jpg
image12479.jpg
image12480.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom