Aurora Indica - CFL - Soil - Grow

You have to "report" your post and then ask them nicely to change the title to what you want. It'll alert them by reporting it.

Thank you so much Asesino!

Nice cfl grow you got going on there. I'm also mixing some cfls with an LED to get the full spectrum

How's it going Howell? Thanks bud! Your set up sounds awesome! I would be incredibly down for many led in my grow but the funds do not allow it right now haha. Do you have a journal for your cfl/led grow? I'd love to see that! I couldn't find any links in your sig or on your profile. Hope your plants are doing well!

Just ordered this strain from Nirvana I'm gonna try sog.Good luck with the grow

Hey there GLN, get stoked for the AI strain! Extremely easy to grow in my opinion. Just set it and forget it. But not quite haha. Have you grown before? Thanks bud, hopefully your order comes in soon!

Noticed the CBDGB and Flow's Clone 2.0 were pretty far away from the lights (over 6") so I threw in another light socket splitter and another 1620 lumen bulb that uses 23 watts at the wall. How energy efficient lol. Up to 8,060 lumens. Noice. Or 5 bulbs at 100w each is 500w. That can't be right.. Maybe it is right but only applies within a short distance unlike my mh. My mh/hps are 600w and they get considerably hotter. Heat isn't much of an issue in the veg room. Maybe after I get the cfl tree going though. Hopefully not. Gotta light the young ones from all sides! The bulbs get warm but don't burn which is reassuring. Haven't seen any thrips since using the D.E. Hopefully they are gone for good. If not. I still have a huge bag of the stuff.
VegRoom10_20_16.jpg

Noticed the CBDGB and Flow's Clone 2.0 were pretty far away from the lights (over 6") so I threw in another light socket splitter and another 1620 lumen bulb that uses 23 watts at the wall. How energy efficient lol. Up to 8,060 lumens. Noice. Or 5 bulbs at 100w each is 500w. That can't be right.. Maybe it is right but only applies within a short distance unlike my mh. My mh/hps are 600w and they get considerably hotter. Heat isn't much of an issue in the veg room. Maybe after I get the cfl tree going though. Hopefully not. Gotta light the young ones from all sides! The bulbs get warm but don't burn which is reassuring. Haven't seen any thrips since using the D.E. Hopefully they are gone for good. If not. I still have a huge bag of the stuff.
VegRoom10_20_16.jpg
Yeah buddy I do have a journal going on and imo the plants are doing just fine. Cfls do eventually get hotter, that's why I got a little led panel so I could take away some of the cfls because I was having heat problems. I couldn't keep the temperature below 32 °C. That resulted to the plant getting a little bit burnt in it's vegetative stage. It has recovered perfectly now though

I mean if the temperature is okay then you can move them closer, but measure the temperature from the distance your closest top is to the plant. If it's too high then take the plants farther away from the light.

I mean if the temperature is okay then you can move them closer, but measure the temperature from the distance your closest top is to the plant. If it's too high then take the plants farther away from the light.

Word. I think I'm starting to get everything dialed in. Feels good everything is mostly on auto pilot.

Hooked up a few more bulbs and re-adjusted the lights.
LightUgrades.jpg

I like this shelf unit as a veg room. It has these peg holes to modify shelf height which are amazing for diy light adjustment.
VegRoomAdjustments.jpg

Garden is happy and healthy. Stay green c:

Word. I think I'm starting to get everything dialed in. Feels good everything is mostly on auto pilot.

Hooked up a few more bulbs and re-adjusted the lights.
LightUgrades.jpg

I like this shelf unit as a veg room. It has these peg holes to modify shelf height which are amazing for diy light adjustment.
VegRoomAdjustments.jpg

Garden is happy and healthy. Stay green c:
Good thing your lights are adjustable because with Cfls you'll need it a lot. If your lights are too far away from you Cfls your plants tend to stretch and if they're too close they can get burnt real bad. So you constantly need to adjust your lights and control your temperature. It might not sound important but believe me, it is.

Good thing your lights are adjustable because with Cfls you'll need it a lot. If your lights are too far away from you Cfls your plants tend to stretch and if they're too close they can get burnt real bad. So you constantly need to adjust your lights and control your temperature. It might not sound important but believe me, it is.

I agree man. Light manipulation is very important with plant growth and temperature control. Thank goodness for light pulleys haha. Need to get me some more of those one day. I found this black desk lamp at walmart for super cheap so I had to get it. Started my new veg room with it. It has this metal neck which allows me to adjust it for perfect lighting control. I took off the little shade and put in a light socket splitter from home depot.
It did start to get a little warm in the veg room after I came home from work today. So I took out an adapter and 1x 40w bulb so there is now two 100w cfls in place. Plus the other 4 over Harmony. I think I see a little stem beginning to pop out of the soil in the CBDGB. A little early to say. Still no signs of life from the GDP or AO. Fingers crossed they are doing okay. Hope you're having a good Friday!

HI Dankest
I sent you a PM asking you about the D. Earth. I haven't found dosage and was wondering if that much on soil creates problems to plant.
Yours seem to be looking good.

HI Dankest
I sent you a PM asking you about the D. Earth. I haven't found dosage and was wondering if that much on soil creates problems to plant.
Yours seem to be looking good.

Hey Birdie, sent ya a pm back. But for anyone who is curious, it's better to use more D.E. than you need than not enough imo. You can't hurt your plants with this stuff from my experience. If anything it'll make em stronger. I noticed most of my thrips would climb out of the soil, up the main stem to all the leaves. Good to completely cover all the soil that touches air. Make sure to cover the base of the stem. Only other thing is don't use on wet soil. It'll suck up all the moisture and make the D.E. totally pointless. But otherwise it's a godsend!

Hola everyone. Got a bit warm in the veg room so I downsized the lights a little. Harmony is doing fantastic. Pot is getting fairly light. I'm in no hurry here though so I'm going to leave her be until she starts to droop just a little before watering. Send those roots searching! Loving the cfls. The CBDGB has officially popped above ground! Still has some seed inside stuck to it's cotyledon and it isn't fully opened yet but we're getting there. Will mark it's first day of life once it's fully open. Really hoping for a guy here! If not that's just as awesome. But I'm super excited to try my luck with making seeds. If I could get one male out of my bagseed that would be the dream. Then I could take 1 clone of all my feminine plants to continue the strains, and then pollinate all the girls. No signs of life from the other two seeds yet..
VegRoomLights10_22_16.jpg

CBD God Bud
CBDGB.jpg

Funds are reeal tight at the moment. But I don't want a little thing like money stand in the way of me working towards an indoor jungle. Been doing some reading and there are some things I definitely plan on trying out. An inexpensive dwc/ebb and flow hydroponic system. Plants supposedly grow faster in hydro and I'm always down to try new things. I also want to build my own LED lights. I've seen and heard great things about Led and plants seem to enjoy them. Plus way cheaper on the electricity bill. I found a cool how-to on Instructables but I want to keep searching to find super cheap and easy ways to build led if possible. I'll need to do a bunch more research and save up before actually building these but it'll give me time to plan. The only thing I need for the hydroponics system is an air pump. So I might work on that first. Hope all your gardens are doing well!

CBD God Bud is looking very happy! Loving the 100w cfl about 1-1.5 inches away from top of plant. Close but not so close the young one burns. Just watering with tap water and a light dose of SeaStorm (Canadian kelp mixture). Being a new grower I'm still figuring out the best times to water my girls. I try to let the pots get as light as possible without the plants wilting. Is it better to let the plants wilt a little before watering or should I just keep doing what I'm doing? Sometimes I do water when there is still some weight to the pots to mix things up.
CBDGodBud.jpg

I really hope this CBDGB is a male tbh. Then I could make hundreds of seeds between my different strains! But if not then I'll have another girl to flower out :D So exciting.

Yesterday I stupidly had too many things plugged in and I blew 4/6 outlets in my apartment.. Never again. Lights were off for 15-20 mins so not a huge deal, but not great. In the mean time I have my veg tent lights and fan hooked up via 4 extension cords from my hallway entrance about 25 feet away. Making it work haha. No way in heck am I letting my girls suffer! Landlord is coming by Friday to try and fix the outlets. Hopefully he doesn't get suspicious. He's pretty chill though.

Harmony is doing awesome. My girlfriend doesn't like her name but that's okay. I think it's great and that's all that really matters to me lol. Saw a thrip on her a little while ago so I used some Diatomaceous Earth and haven't seen any since. The four 100w cfls are perfectly aligned so that there is an even spread of strong light close to her small canopy. Getting really tight node spacing, and all her lower growth is starting to take off.

The Kish of God clone started out looking as solid as a rock. Didn't wilt at all after planting in soil, misting, and covering with a humidity dome. Even grew a little in the first 48 hours. But then I took off the humidity dome waay to early. Like after 4 or 5 days because she had only improved in growth. She looked good initially but when I checked on her later that day she was very droopy. Put the humidity dome back on and that's where she sits. Grows like crazy with humidity dome and not at all without. Neat. This clipping has two tops. She had one additional fan leaf but it was looking pretty gnarly, like she was sucking the sugars/nutes out of it. I prefer having all healthy leaves if possible so I chopped it off. Now she can focus growing her main tops and looks better imo.

Hope you're all having an awesome day!

Hey folks. CBDGB is doing great. Looks very healthy.
CBDGB10_31_16.jpg

Harmony after LST
HarmonyLSTUpdate.jpg

So I have some bad news. The Grand Daddy Purple seed and the Agent Orange seed were both duds :c At least I got one free plant out of the bunch and didn't put any money into these seeds.
In other news, I found 3 seeds in my "Ice Cream" dispensary bud!! They didn't look the greatest. One felt deformed, I thought one was missing half it's shell, and one had a large T shaped crack. But they all floated when placed in a glass of water with sea storm (even when tapped). After about 50hrs the first seed sunk, after about 10hrs the second seed sunk, and the third seed is still soaking. Currently the two seeds are chilling on some wet paper towel in a glass covered with an envelope to keep the moisture in. I like to keep my germinating seeds on the shelf above my veg room. Just enough space for a few glasses to hold seeds and the CFLs keep the area warm which is a plus.

Really hoping at least one of these seeds is good to go. More is better but I'm down for whatever. I cannot wait to try my hand at cross breeding. Such excitement. Taking a few really awesome female strains, with super dank qualities, and throwing another super dank strain into the mix to pollinate them all. Then in a few months, you get tons of extremely dank genetics to keep your stash plentiful haha. If the CBDGB or one of the Ice Cream are males, I'll be so set for seed making. If I end up with a room full of ladies, I'll probably order some regular seeds of primo genetics online and hope for a mix of guys and girls.

I absolutely hate to say this but.. I think my set up is a little over powered for my current situation. Outlets blew a couple more times. Hopefully the plants don't mind.

Other than that, temps are getting a little high with the six bulbs in place. I want to get some ducting and hook up an air exhaust out the window right next to the veg room. Finally out of credit card debt!! Now just to pay off the bills and get back on track. Funds are still kind of tight at the moment though. I hear lots of people use PC fans for ventilation. Might look into getting a couple of these if they're cheap.

Supplies I will need for Veg Room Upgrades:
-4" ducting
-2x PC fan or other small fan (one for air exhaust, one for air intake)
-something to cover the exhaust exit so nothing comes inside.
-small oscillating tower fan
-Parts to make LED lights
-Cardboard to make front door and back wall.

Super stoked to try making LEDs. I've found one cool website with endless led parts and instructions on how to piece them together. I need to decide if I want to use 1w,3w, 5w bulbs, or cree lights. Gonna need a "heat-sync" and a power supply and a bunch of other things. I have a lot of reading ahead of me.

Hope all your gardens are doing well!

Hi

Free seeds is always good to try with, nothing wasted, just a little water and paper :)
You never know. My bagseed was small and NOT vital looking, but boy was I wrong in thinking.."what the heck it's just for fun"
She might give 200gr in the end :rofl:

Hi

Free seeds is always good to try with, nothing wasted, just a little water and paper :)
You never know. My bagseed was small and NOT vital looking, but boy was I wrong in thinking.."what the heck it's just for fun"
She might give 200gr in the end :rofl:

Hola Birdie, definitely agree with you about free seeds haha. I have a bagseed in flower now and she's my biggest plant. They sure can be surprising :) 200gr would be an awesome harvest to say the least!!

Back
Top Bottom