Aurora Indica - Indoor CFL Grow #1

hey , growing miss aurora myself, and is in flowering. I had no problem keeping my cfl's at 2-4 inches away from the foliage from the time it sprouted. Also I just recently found this website that helped me with the my cfl placement and how to use cfl very effectively. www.cfl-grow-light.com. great info on there.

image23128.jpg

Nice that looks a lot better!!

hey , growing miss aurora myself, and is in flowering. I had no problem keeping my cfl's at 2-4 inches away from the foliage from the time it sprouted. Also I just recently found this website that helped me with the my cfl placement and how to use cfl very effectively. www.cfl-grow-light.com. great info on there.

Woah, awesome man. Do you have a journal on here? I would love to read it or see some pictures.

Thanks for the site, i just signed up for their e-booklet thing.

I am growing Auroras also! I can't wait to see how yours come along :)
I got 5 seeds and they all cracked easily, and all spouted. They have been growing amazingly and totally flourishing, all except for one who unfortunately seems like she might not make it...I'm still waiting to see, though.
I wanted to ask, did any of the 10 freebie seeds germinate for you? I tried and tried but none of them ever made it..a few did germ,but never grew when planted. I am extremely happy with the Auroras, though!

Good luck with your grow, I hope your ladies grow exceptionally!

I am growing Auroras also! I can't wait to see how yours come along :)
I got 5 seeds and they all cracked easily, and all spouted. They have been growing amazingly and totally flourishing, all except for one who unfortunately seems like she might not make it...I'm still waiting to see, though.
I wanted to ask, did any of the 10 freebie seeds germinate for you? I tried and tried but none of them ever made it..a few did germ,but never grew when planted. I am extremely happy with the Auroras, though!

Good luck with your grow, I hope your ladies grow exceptionally!

Nice! Its cool to know that other people are growing such an unknown strain

It was the total opposite for me, my aurora seeds took sooo much effort to crack, i dont know if they were mature enough to be germinated. Most of them were quite small, i only cracked 3 out of the 10 auroras, but the freebies i germ'd sprouted tap roots pretty well.

Yo! So i found a bag seed, i believe its grape ape, but its possibly headcheese.
I germ'd it, and it grew a really fat hairy tap root. It looked like a full grown root, but the size of a tap root. I should have taken a picture, but i cracked the shell and had to plant it asap. Im going to add it to this journal, because its very interesting....
image23545.jpg

heres the lady with the weird eye at 9 days old haha
image24080.jpg

Not to my surprise, her roots are humungous, and sticking out the bottom of the watering tray :)
image24081.jpg

Miss Aurora at 17 days old... Its an older picture.
image24082.jpg

She's growing 7 fingers already on one leaf, hasnt stretched much, lots of foliage growth. Unfortunately shes suffering nutrition problems/pH problems on her lower leaves. I started a 6pH water with gypsum "diet", for lack of better words. My mom has really interesting friends with weird water. They have a water pH controller!

And this, grape ape or headcheese bagseed, it is grape ape, and is hella weird. Just take a look, lol
The first true leaves are still folded under partially.
image24083.jpg

Theyre on a 19/5 cycle
Still self watering, gonna transplant soon, cuz dope roots, but lame foliage.
Fungus gnats were introduced to my plants after the open house :/
Whatever. Fuckus gnats.

Don't worry too much about the bottom set of leaves yellowing and falling off, this has happened to almost every plant (cannabis, tomato, sunflower, pinto bean, etc.) I grow whatever the medium. Warped leaves sometimes occur in younger plants just as human babies can look all out of proportion; the problem should right itself in the next set of leaves or so. If it doesn't, then over-watering might be to blame. With over-watering, leaves stay firm but curl downward and will start to warp if not remedied.

All that said, it's just weed. We all get excited for our first grow and want everything to go perfect, but we forget that left alone it will grow just fine (you might even say, "like a weed"). I'm taking a more laissez-faire approach to my plants and they're doing way better than when I obsessed over them.

I also agree with Gutta and PTSD that CFLs should be placed as close as possible without burning the plants. Keeping a small fan blowing over the plants and lights will further help prevent light burn. Here is a graphic to illustrate the inverse square law of light, which is important to keep in mind if you want to get the most from your CFLs.

isqrr.gif

Love the grow box! Very clean and well constructed. You can count me in on this journey! :popcorn:

Don't worry too much about the bottom set of leaves yellowing and falling off, this has happened to almost every plant (cannabis, tomato, sunflower, pinto bean, etc.) I grow whatever the medium. Warped leaves sometimes occur in younger plants just as human babies can look all out of proportion; the problem should right itself in the next set of leaves or so. If it doesn't, then over-watering might be to blame. With over-watering, leaves stay firm but curl downward and will start to warp if not remedied.

All that said, it's just weed. We all get excited for our first grow and want everything to go perfect, but we forget that left alone it will grow just fine (you might even say, "like a weed"). I'm taking a more laissez-faire approach to my plants and they're doing way better than when I obsessed over them.

I also agree with Gutta and PTSD that CFLs should be placed as close as possible without burning the plants. Keeping a small fan blowing over the plants and lights will further help prevent light burn. Here is a graphic to illustrate the inverse square law of light, which is important to keep in mind if you want to get the most from your CFLs.

isqrr.gif

Love the grow box! Very clean and well constructed. You can count me in on this journey! :popcorn:

Fewf, thats good, but my larger plant is now showing signs of cal or mag deficiency in the lower two sets of leaves. Thats a bit worrisome.

ive been out of the house a lot lately, the plants seem to be doing really well for not having constant care.

Ah thank you for the diagram, i didnt know that much energy was lost that quick.

I topped this plant two days ago. And it grew a testicle. Lame ass lame.
Im not as bummed as i expected, cuz i wanna make a few seeds anyways
image24723.jpg

I fixed all health problems, hopefully no more pop up in the near future.
Im gonna continue growing it outside if it is indeed a testicle.

I just began germinating one aurora seed... Hopefully female.
And now i know to get auto flowering or fem'd seeds.

Back
Top Bottom