Aurora Indica - Indoor CFL Grow #1

I topped this plant two days ago. And it grew a testicle. Lame ass lame.
Im not as bummed as i expected, cuz i wanna make a few seeds anyways
image24723.jpg

I fixed all health problems, hopefully no more pop up in the near future.
Im gonna continue growing it outside if it is indeed a testicle.

I just began germinating one aurora seed... Hopefully female.
And now i know to get auto flowering or fem'd seeds.

Maybe you topped to early I top my like after the 3rd node

I swear, all my plants are tiny at 20+ days compared to a lot of peoples.

A slow start just means that you'll need to veg for a little bit longer. My plants also had a slow start, and now they're kicking butt (or so I think). Here they are at Day 17:
IMG_20150410_000410.jpg

Here they are at Day 48:
IMG_662710.JPG

If you want to increase the growth rate and minimize stretching, add a few more CFLs and get them closer to the plants. The CFLs should pretty much surround the plants with light. In fact, it should be so bright in the grow box that you need sunglasses to look in it.

Anyway, keep up the good work. It's all a learning experience, and I love to watch people grow in knowledge as they watch their plants grow in bud. :Namaste:

A slow start just means that you'll need to veg for a little bit longer. My plants also had a slow start, and now they're kicking butt (or so I think). Here they are at Day 17:
IMG_20150410_000410.jpg

Here they are at Day 48:
IMG_662710.JPG

If you want to increase the growth rate and minimize stretching, add a few more CFLs and get them closer to the plants. The CFLs should pretty much surround the plants with light. In fact, it should be so bright in the grow box that you need sunglasses to look in it.

Anyway, keep up the good work. It's all a learning experience, and I love to watch people grow in knowledge as they watch their plants grow in bud. :Namaste:

Fewf, at least ours are similar at day 17, and yours are prospering, that is hopeful.

Nice lettuce there man, is that your mars II?

I have some juicy fruits that have been in veg for atleast two months, showing signs of flowering, and theyre tiny still. Its really weird.

I was thinking of adding another cfl in the center very soon. I just bought a carbon filter, now i gotta choose between adding another cfl, or adding another 4inch fan.

Starting to like how this grape ape is doing.
The aurora mutant just freakin sucks, its growing with a curved stem, slow growth, i should fix it, but idk how.
image25206.jpg

Grape ape^ i wish i could tell you the day shes on, but i dont want to go through my journal right now.

The aurora seedling is doing pretty well. Ive been giving it nutes...powdered and bottled in the soil, lots of foliar feeding.
image25205.jpg

7 days old from the end of germination, baby aurora.
image25312.jpg
image25311.jpg

Its got ample light now that i rearranged the box.

Also, i added a handful of living soil today, without baking it. Im gonna see how the hypoaspis mites do for my plants. Theres quite a bit in this soil. I originally mistook them for bad pests, but apparently they are really hungry for thrips and gnats/larvae, and are beneficial in some other way.

I read somewhere that aloe vera is good for the plants, i mixed it with the nute spray and water. Something about it makes it stick to the plant longer, which means more absorbtion? I dont remember, theres a thread somewhere specifically about aloe vera, i think it was on here.

Anyways, i watered them with it last night about 2 hours before lights-out, and they definitely enjoyed it. Longer branches, larger leaves, and the roots sticking out of the bottom are longer by a few mm.

Before i added the aloe, the aurora seedling had these white or red spots on the veins and off the veins. it could be the cal mag deal again. Or it could be heat burn- the most likely, shes almost an inch away, she doesnt seem too stressed.
image25549.jpg
image25550.jpg

Heres the grape ape the morning after the aloe spray and bath
Very wrinkly, purple main vein(not the stem) and beginning claw on some leaves.
image25555.jpg
image25554.jpg

I assume N toxicity. The leaves are nice and moist.

Check the male i put outside. Its been overcast and raining for the last week.(less stretched plant for reference)

image25547.jpg
image25548.jpg

Lol, this amount of stretching is really funny to me. :ganjamon:
I dont know why its stretching so much, i wanna see how far i can get between nodes.

Ive been powder feeding them once a week, and bottled nute spray pretty often. I use regular water to wash the nutes out after a few days.

I believe today is day 11 from seed for this aurora seedling. Now full nutes, powdered and bottled.
Shes got a bit of heat spots and/or manganese def. but im hacking away at that problem.

image25628.jpg
image25627.jpg

By far the best seedling ive had to date. Very stoked :)

after dabbing i tended to my plants. Looked in the run off and saw a ton of small bugs, i thought they were hypiaspis mites. so i poured 5-10 in my soil, after looking at them crawl away i realized theyre larvae. I hope theyre not fungus gnat larvae.

Today i topped the aurora seedling:)
17 days old, shes so happy, a smidge over watered(compensating for low rH lately)
image25883.jpg
image25880.jpg

40 days old, And the grape ape is doing awesome, gonna transplant her once i control a pest situation.
image25881.jpg
image25882.jpg

I have been over feeding her with nute water for the same rH reasons.
The branches are long, definitely not growing like a sativa haha.
I mist the wood shelf i have in there when it gets dry. its never gone below 40%.

So two other plants in my box got really bad gnats. These two dont have the same numbers. I think it has to do with the type of soil im using. Its got a TON of eggs in it. This is the first time i didnt bake the soil before putting a plant in it.
image25836.jpg

Thats only one days worth of gnats... And i have three or four other traps that look just like this.
This is kinda delaying my transplant for aurora and grape ape.

Other than that, the roots are sticking out the holes in the bottom, and most of my problems stem from over feeding.

Plants looking good bro sucks that you have a infestation of gnats hope you get that under control. I don't understand where they would come from if your growing indoors? ??

Thanks man! Ah well, i bought pre-mixed soil which had gnats pre-mixed in it already lol, kinda crummy. I recently added unbaked soil to my plants too see how they would do with living soil.
Oh, AND a terrible mistake, i stored it outside in a pretty loosely closed container.
They come in waves every morning, the last wave was much smaller, maybe only a few hundred gnats. Maybe its on the down slope.

Its transplant day, finally lol.

These roots are nice imo, your thoughts?

Aurora, ~18 days
image26031.jpg

Grape Ape ~43days
image26030.jpg

Shes got a somewhat bound layer inside this. I poured soil down the sides once the roots looked close to restricted the first time, and heres the second time.
I think she's growing nicely, but is this condensed/small size normal for 43 days?

This is cool that theyve grown so much, but whys one grow longer?
image26032.jpg

I just tied the grape ape
1 gallon pot
image26281.jpg
image26282.jpg

A few days after topping aurora. I dont remember the amount, but look at all the stems growin already :)
image26279.jpg
image26280.jpg

Small nuts burn. And yes thats nitrogen toxic... Im waiting to see the next leaves.

I just mixed some dank soil (i think :hmmmm: ) its gonna be my no till soil. I may swap some soil in 30 days
My current soil is a little high pH. I didnt amend it till late, but it still has gnarly high pH.
Ill post pics of my mix and its contents as soon as i get worms and humic acid :)
Im very excited for this next grow, california weather rocks too... Late start is probably not a big issue.

THIS STRAIN IS VERY TALL

Its ridiculous how stretched this plant is, its like its been under a glow stick for the last month
image26680.jpg
image26681.jpg

It took way too much space in the box, and its so young.
After i topped it, each top had its own 100w cfl, still stretched, so i moved it outside.

Ive been training my grape ape plant. Just transplanted her to some nicer soil, pruned two obstructive fan leaves, tied down some more branches, and topped the two main tops again. in just four hours, i saw great change because of the soil. I now understand amending is necessary.

Before cutting two obstructive leaves
I cut the two fan leaves on the node where i first topped.. They blocked everything below the canopy.
image26660.jpg

After, cutting two onstructive leaves. Lol not even the same angle, heres the canopy haha
image26662.jpg
image26661.jpg

image26663.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

i switched to soilless, to rid myself of the gnats. but, put a yellow pail or pan of water out. they will commit suicide in it. like lemmings. lib ones. lol. or, ad gognats to the water. its cedar oil. they hate that. but, i just switched, to soiless. growers hp. not a gnat since. nadda.

Back
Top Bottom