Aurora Indica - Indoor - Soil - LED - Grow

9 days later here we are. Really, nothing too exciting to share but things are progressing rather nicely I think.
Still have not had to water the girl since I put her in the flower tent.
We did however have a wee bit of an accident. One of the tops snapped :( I tried to save it by taping it together, but not sure how that's going to work out. Either way i'm not freaking out. It will mainly be interesting to see how the plant reacts to it.
There are still a lot of tops so I'm thinking the yield will still be good.
This is for personal use so there's no chance in hell I'll run out of bud before I complete my next grow :)

First picture is just a shot of the plant. The other is a more of a closeup of the broken top.

Maybe next week we'll see some buds starting to take shape?

IMG_69654.JPG

:( ouch!

IMG_6965-2.jpg

Time for another update.
Plant is looking great I think. Watered on thursday with nutes and she's really perky. No loss of fan leaves going from veg to flower.
This has us at about 3 weeks of flowering. the 10 gallon pot has definitely filled out an I'm thinking this may be the way to go for single plant grows in the future. NFW i could fit anything besides this in the tent though!

IMG_69714.JPG

IMG_69703.JPG

Thanks Golfer! Welcome to the journal Brad!

Hadn't really given any thought to defoling, but seems to be a bit of a trend here among the journals.
I'll have to read a bit more about it, but for this grow I'm sticking with the natural way. Some fan leaves will probably start falling off anyway as flowering progresses.
Next up I have some Bubblelicious nirvana seeds. Was only going for a single plant, but perhaps I can do a side by side and do some experimentation... Just started germinating one today (and also 2 unknowns.)

Chef

Thanks Golfer! Welcome to the journal Brad!

Hadn't really given any thought to defoling, but seems to be a bit of a trend here among the journals.
I'll have to read a bit more about it, but for this grow I'm sticking with the natural way. Some fan leaves will probably start falling off anyway as flowering progresses.
Next up I have some Bubblelicious nirvana seeds. Was only going for a single plant, but perhaps I can do a side by side and do some experimentation... Just started germinating one today (and also 2 unknowns.)

Chef
I feel you on that being the trend here, for indoor at least. I tip my hat to you for keeping her natural and bushy, is she stretching much?

Everything progressing well still. Flushed earlier in the week and I'm expecting to water with nutes tomorrow morning.
Things are starting to smell, but the carbon filter is doing it's thing for the most part.
I'm thinking I need a steadier hand or a better camera. Having a hard time with the close-ups!

The trichs are starting to become abundant, so at least they show up on camera :)

Other than that, really nothing exciting to report.

IMG_167625.JPG

Put a 1 gallon jug in there for scale.

IMG_167227.JPG

Another update, still going well I think.
The light may have been a little to close to the main cola. The top is going a little albino on me so i moved the light up a tad bit.
Watered with plain yesterday and removed a few yellowing fan leaves from the bottom parts of the plant.

The buds are starting to fatten up a bit, but i'm thinking there's plenty more to come!

Aerial view

IMG_69793.JPG

A bunch of buds just hanging out, doing what they do

IMG_69783.JPG

Attempted closeup in the tent.

IMG_69804.JPG

In my vape I have 0.2g of Aurora Indica plus a tiny piece of bubble hash I made from its trimmings.

12 minutes later...

I'm heavily medicated.

Another 12 minutes. I vaped the same 0.2g one more time and got a couple really good pulls.

Couchlock. Game over.

/Obi

She's a heavy hitter, sweedish chef. No doubt about it. Every time I look at your grow pictures I think to myself, yep, you're nailing it. I'm excited to see how everything finishes out.

Re: my vape session, I'm sure the second few pulls were nearly all from the bit of hash. It's not common for me to get seconds like that unless I've raised the temp or have added something to the mix like hash, kief or reclaim.

I use the Arizer Solo vaporizer. I've had it for quite a few years and really like it. I use it plugged in 99% of the time these days since I seldom have the need to run it on battery. I have some modded glass stems that reduce drag and I like how I can tailor their seasoning to suit my taste.

The Extreme Q is high on my wish list. I'm not sure how I'll like the whip. I really like the glass Solo stems. Though, there are benefits with the EQ that I cannot get with the Solo :)

I'm just going to have to get an EQ some day and enjoy both.

Cheers!
/Obi

That makes sense Obi. I didn't take the hash into consideration!
The EQ has been great for me. I rarely use the whip so instead I just fill baggies. Split one with the wife and I feel just right. Finish a bag on my own and I'm on my ass! Not much maintenance needed either. I clean the glass with rubbing alcohol as necessary and clean the screen every other day or so.

Thanks for the kind words about the plant. With the exception of light burn/bleaching I feel it's going really well. The buds are starting to fatten up pretty good, which is really encouraging since I figure they are only half way through flowering.

Also, I noticed we have a very similar drying setup. I have a ton of those document clips :)
NFW I'll pull the same weight as you did, but I'm hoping to clear a couple ounces dry. Time will tell

Flowering: Day 56
Watered with plain H2O again. Will probably resume half strength nutes next week. Lot of fan leaves are starting to yellow and the buds are getting nice and fat. Even the lower bud sites are looking pretty good.

Not too worried about the leaf yellowing but please comment if you see any cause for concern.

Top view
IMG_699710.JPG

Pretty dense right!?
IMG_69966.JPG

Bud shot
IMG_69945.JPG

Bud shot 2 (with flash)
IMG_69936.JPG

Bud Shot 3
IMG_69908.JPG

Until next time :)

Back