AussieBuddy's Kerosene Showdown 2021

aussiebuddy

Hi guys,

Thought I'd post a journal of my photoperiod Kerosene Krash grow. I've got 2 x Kerosene Krash and 1 x Banana Blaze. Growing with coco in airpots

I started 1 of the KK seeds a week after the others. I had 1 x Mokums Tulip as well but it didn't survive transplant because I was careless with handling

I've got a 5x5 tent with 2 x 400w MH for veg, 2 x 600w 400v HPS for flower in cool tubes.

Auto feed on a timer with drain to waste. Waste automatically pumped from pots to drain

Anyway heres some pics, im 17 days in. Keeping it at 60% RH, 24-25 deg C lights on, 21 deg C lights off.

Hoping to find something stinky to turn in to a mother... let the battle begin

IMG_20210514_185943.jpg
IMG_20210518_182533.jpg

Day 20 above ground for the two big ones, 6 days on the small one. I will move the little one in to a big pot this weekend.

Feeding once day at 760 TDS, pH 6.0

Ingredient​
Concentration (mL)​
Cal Mag​
1​
SEAWEED+FULVIC​
1.00​
BAC A​
2.40​
BAC B​
2.40​
Multi Zyme​
1.00​
Drip clean​
0.05​

IMG_20210520_183945.jpg

IMG_20210520_183950.jpg

Looking good bro! Bet the girls are loving the warmth of the globes!
yeah mate keeping it steady 24 the last few days :)

i threw the Banana Blaze away because the KK needs heavier feeding than the BB will allow. BB also smelled like absolutely nothing when I squeezed a leaf

I topped and cloned the 4 week old KK this morning, the smaller one will hopefully get a clone and top this time next week

ffs one of them is growing balls. checking the dutch passion site i see they have added this gem of a quote under the Kerosene Krash seeds in their store... what a joke

"This variety offers unsurpassed quality in terms of aroma, taste and effect. A small percentage of the plants can develop male flowers, which is expressed most heavily when plants suffer from severe stress. It is advised to check your plants thoroughly during flowering and act immediately before the male flowers open and pollinate the other plants."

Your plants look great mate! Nice development and node spacing :yummy: That's an issue I have been having herms ever since I put LED's in. Not sure if it is to much and stressing them out or the cold been stressing them... but it's doing my head in. The flowers only start where the first pistils show the first sign sex no where else? And usually once they start it is nearly 4 weeks into flower and doesn't really affect them dramatically. Thinking of switching back to mh/hps.where about were your flowers located?

Your plants look great mate! Nice development and node spacing :yummy: That's an issue I have been having herms ever since I put LED's in. Not sure if it is to much and stressing them out or the cold been stressing them... but it's doing my head in. The flowers only start where the first pistils show the first sign sex no where else? And usually once they start it is nearly 4 weeks into flower and doesn't really affect them dramatically. Thinking of switching back to mh/hps.where about were your flowers located?
the one that hermed didnt do a banana or anything it grew full on pollen sacs all over it about 2 weeks in.. also had buds forming with pistils on other branches. all my temps and everything were sweet and it wasnt too close to the HPS for light stress, and wasnt near the intake so didnt get too cold... idk prob genetic

glad i kept a mother plant of the one that didnt herm though, structure is great and its starting to stink. if it smokes well i wont even crack a seed next run

How’s that kerosene smell now, ab?
absolutely wonderful mate :)

got it hanging now for 1.5 weeks at 55% RH and 17-20 deg C. Almost ready for curing in jars but not quite. i could sample some this weekend. best ive grown

i have it cloned and am going to run again as soon as the tent is free. been a full year of cracking beans looking for a plant just like this. strong branches, fast rooting, covered in trichomes and stinky as fuck!!

Back
Top Bottom