Auto Bomb, Cherry Bomb & Cosmic Bomb Autos - Grow Diary 2022

I gave in and bought some seeds - no surprise there, then

I've stripped and cleaned the tent, filter, fans, lamps, wiped everything down and left it cold for a while

Here are the tweaks have/will be making, starting with basics:

1 All three lamps and the extractor fan leads were fitted with 13a (3Kw) fuses - replaced with 3a
That means the fuse could potentially continue to supply up to 20x more power that the lamp is rated (150w) before it blows Yikes folks!
2 The trailing socket which is on a timer exclusively for the lights also had a 13a fuse - replaced with 3a
3 That trailing socket will be mounted upside-down on the roof strut so cables can be tied up with no cable run
4 That will plug into another surge-protected trailing socket mounted at roof height, fitted with a 5a fuse, as the extractor and circulating fans will also plug in here - no electrics anywhere near the floor
5 The wall socket I'm using (on an open wall instead of behind the tent) is on it's own 6a circuit (I swapped the fuses at the board) protected by 30ma RCD Circuit Breaker
6 I am going to do a gravity fed drip/wick system this time, so I've added another waterproof tray underneath in case of leaks
7 Last year I used a TS1000 + a 120w Veg/Bloom/Both switched LED, which can be very useful - particularly the extra blues (but lopsided)
So I now have a second 120w switched LED, so my array is upgraded to 120w BP - 150w FS - 120w BP (55w per sq/ft :) )
8 I am going to prime the coco, plant directly into final pots and gently blast the shit out of them :cool:

Pics when I've set it up

Hi Mate, tokin' too eh lol
example; lamp is 300w and comes with a three pin kettle type lead, fitted with a 13a fuse
That means it will cut out if the load exceeds 3000w or 3Kw
...but your lamp is rated 300w, so if it exceeds 4-500w something is wrong and it should cut off - that is what a fuse is for

Ok so fan, filter, electrics and lamps all in
This combination of lamps will be extremely versatile - in the seedling/veg setup pic, the Mars is set to 30% (50w) and the LEDs either side set to Blue/Daylight/UV (60w + 60w)
The 2 x 10L nute tanks will hang on the side walls, about 6-8" above the top of the pots and each tank will have a dripper in each pot (ie 2 per pot, one from each tank) - i should be able to balance flow with a combination of the tap on the tank and the drippers/arrows as the pressure will probably drop off as it gets further along the line to the end stopper
I will alternate filling them to reduce the risk of running dry and probably give them a flood/drain occasionally, if necessary
Expecting to able to pop some beans early next week - first round will be
2 x Auto Bomb
2 x Cherry Bomb
2 x Cosmic Bomb
Should be interesting - anyway some pics

DSC_0366.JPG
DSC_0371.JPG

I knew you could resist, so much for taking the rest of the year off.:laugh:
Talking about fuses, I bought a welder off ebay and the fuse had been replace with a nail:oops: I believe it is only the UK that's has fuses in our plugs.

I gave in and bought some seeds - no surprise there, then

I've stripped and cleaned the tent, filter, fans, lamps, wiped everything down and left it cold for a while

Here are the tweaks have/will be making, starting with basics:

1 All three lamps and the extractor fan leads were fitted with 13a (3Kw) fuses - replaced with 3a
That means the fuse could potentially continue to supply up to 20x more power that the lamp is rated (150w) before it blows Yikes folks!
2 The trailing socket which is on a timer exclusively for the lights also had a 13a fuse - replaced with 3a
3 That trailing socket will be mounted upside-down on the roof strut so cables can be tied up with no cable run
4 That will plug into another surge-protected trailing socket mounted at roof height, fitted with a 5a fuse, as the extractor and circulating fans will also plug in here - no electrics anywhere near the floor
5 The wall socket I'm using (on an open wall instead of behind the tent) is on it's own 6a circuit (I swapped the fuses at the board) protected by 30ma RCD Circuit Breaker
6 I am going to do a gravity fed drip/wick system this time, so I've added another waterproof tray underneath in case of leaks
7 Last year I used a TS1000 + a 120w Veg/Bloom/Both switched LED, which can be very useful - particularly the extra blues (but lopsided)
So I now have a second 120w switched LED, so my array is upgraded to 120w BP - 150w FS - 120w BP (55w per sq/ft :) )
8 I am going to prime the coco, plant directly into final pots and gently blast the shit out of them :cool:

Pics when I've set it up
Hello @Growings Hope your having a great day.
I take it your in the UK re fuses in plugs?
I'm glad your reducing your fuses re fire safety.
How are your smoke detectors and fire extinguisher?
Stay safe.
Bill

Hello @Growings Hope your having a great day.
I take it your in the UK re fuses in plugs?
I'm glad your reducing your fuses re fire safety.
How are your smoke detectors and fire extinguisher?
Stay safe.
Bill
Hi @Bill284 - I'm fine, I hope things are coming together for you and your good lady too my friend
Yes, UK 220-240v; I have a working smoke detector but the Fire Extinguisher I got from FleaBay was decommissioned = useless, so I am still on the lookout
I also have a spare Temperature probe which I could use as a thermal cut-out @30C but not convinced I really need that
Tested my temps overnight with everything on full and the temps stayed at 28C max, the veg set up stays around 23C so everything runs pretty cool and I can use the heat in winter
I also intend to add a low power inline intake fan to aid fresh air intake, which I know will improve growth rates
I reckon I'm pretty much good to go
Will be pre-charging my coco with Rhizitonic and mycorrhizal fungi for a few days prior - isn't that what you do with your fermented microbe mix?
Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

I knew you could resist, so much for taking the rest of the year off.:laugh:
Talking about fuses, I bought a welder off ebay and the fuse had been replace with a nail:oops: I believe it is only the UK that's has fuses in our plugs.
A plug-in 30Ma RCCD Circuit Breaker is about £15 so one on each wall socket should be a no-brainer
Being me, I deliberately wired up a desk lamp with part of the casing live, then touched it
I felt a very weak momentary tingle and it tripped in a nanosecond - yep, it works

Hi @Bill284 - I'm fine, I hope things are coming together for you and your good lady too my friend
Yes, UK 220-240v; I have a working smoke detector but the Fire Extinguisher I got from FleaBay was decommissioned = useless, so I am still on the lookout
I also have a spare Temperature probe which I could use as a thermal cut-out @30C but not convinced I really need that
Tested my temps overnight with everything on full and the temps stayed at 28C max, the veg set up stays around 23C so everything runs pretty cool and I can use the heat in winter
I also intend to add a low power inline intake fan to aid fresh air intake, which I know will improve growth rates
I reckon I'm pretty much good to go
Will be pre-charging my coco with Rhizitonic and mycorrhizal fungi for a few days prior - isn't that what you do with your fermented microbe mix?
Correct me if I'm wrong ;)
Thing are good here thanks.
I use bokashi and frass & dazzle ( insect frass) infuses microbes and fungi.
Produces amazing root health.
Nutrient uptake is increased aswell.
Huge fruits from great roots.
Plus a healthy lady is easy as pie to grow.
Your on the right track for sure.
Get a big fire extinguisher though.
Or recharge the one you have. :Namaste:
Stay safe my friend.
Bill

Shite - no sprouts after 36hrs so I checked temps
Air 21-23c, soak water 15-17c. Bugger
Gonna put them in their blankets under the lamp and use the dimmer to raise temp to a steady 24c, heat from below
They've swollen but just need a push to pop (I hope)
My fingers are crossed for you :)

That worked! Cosmic, Skunk and Cherry Bomb all produced tails overnight - they are now in pre-charged coco
The LSD is very swollen and just beginning to crack, so I figure it will pop in the pot
Time to twiddle my thumbs for a week or two...

My Great Grandfather re-invented the Brass Doorknocker - he won the Nobel Peace Prize the same year ;)

Back
Top Bottom