Auto flower leaf curling

clubzombo

So, recently My E=mc2 auto flower strain has started to bud, but at the same time the lower leaves have started tturning yellow and the top leaves have began curling outward. I know that , closer to harvest the bottom leaves will start changing due to the nutrients being pulled to actual bud itself but I've yet to determine the cause for the curling. Any help would be appreciated especially since I'm going to wait for answers before doing anything drastic. There are pictures in my gallery for viewing analysis. Thanks a bunch!

Hi clubzombo,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of members that gathers here!

I've reviewed the photos of your plant and see that your using a combination of CFL's and is that a T-5 or even T-8 flourescent light so my first reaction is that it is not heat causing the curling. But can you tell us anything about the temperature around the plant?

Soil in the photo does not indicate overwatering. Have you give the plant any nutrients recently? Can you tell us anything about the soil in which your growing.

Would love to try and help but think we could use a little more info to provide more than a guess.

Be well and happy growing.

Thanks for the response. Now about the light I'm using a T-12 and four CFL's. Three of which are 23w and the other a 20W. The temp is usually around 76° and I've yet to use any nutrients because last time I burned them up adding so many nutrients. I'm using fox farm ocean forest soil with organic fertilizer but I have refrained from using the fertilizer at the moment.

Hmmm. Well, I confess I'm a little stumped the more I look at the photos. I think I see sort of rust colored spots or patches on the leaves, then in another photo I swear I'm seeing holes in the fan leaves. Can you confirm that either or both of those conditions exist? Have you checked the undersides of the leaves for bugs/insects recently? Any insects flying around the plant? Especially after you water?

How old is the plant? I know is a really basic question but can you confirm the container its in has drainage holes?

okay so I have two plants in my box the one you currently see is the Autoflower the other is not but it is a feminized Sunrise Sherbet and it's currently displaying the characteristics that you were describing as rust colored spots on the leaves. They are also twisting in a strange fashion. I'll post pictures in my gallery so you can see the damage. There aren't any holes in the leaves, though and as for the auto it had two small "rust spots" but other than that it seems healthy. There are drainage holes and I allow for them to drain before placing them back in the box and as far as bugs go I have seen zero trace of the pests. The kids are both 36 days as well.

It does look like heat stress to me, but IDK. Weird.

You know, I hate to admit it but I am just not confident in any suggestion I might offer. I wonder if you might add the photo's to your next post and perhaps we can get some folks to chime in. When you in the box where you type dialogue, click on the "My Photos" button in lower left and the photos will show up in the actual thread.

Perhaps we can get some other folks to chime in with suggestions. Hopefully they will read that your temperatures are fine, you haven't provided any additional nutrients to what was in the fox farm ocean forest and the containers provide adequate drainage.

Thanks for your honesty and input. Feedback is good whether or not it helps. That's why I came here :). Hopefully these pictures help.

IMG_20160324_162153.jpg
IMG_20160324_162145.jpg

:bump:

Could some other members review this and offer any insights? 36 days old, Mid 70's temp, FFOF soil, no nutes yet, CFL lighting - what could be causing curl and other issues?

Thank in advance,

Back
Top Bottom