Flower vs. auto-flower

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice! I had a look at your journal. Gorilla Glue and Tangerine Dream are both strains I want to try, and I'm also looking to get into MegaCrop - perhaps I stand a chance of approaching your yields with that... :cheesygrinsmiley: Which seed bank are those monster GG and TD from?
Those were from growers choice, purchased before I knew about all these other more reputable seed banks. Their TD autos and Chemdog photos were great plants to grow. But in the case of the GG, I have 2 more outside now, and just like the first ones, they won’t commit to flowering. Huge and healthy yes, but inconsistent. My seed order from seedsman has already yielded more promising results, and everyone flowered. I won’t know for sure until after the cure, but these current plants are headed for greatness.

I just grew my first autos. I had 2 Strawberry Cheesecake that I got for free that I germinated and threw in 2 gallon hard pots with Sunshine mix in full sunlight. I bracketed the Solstice by 30 days for max light. I used MC at about 2/3 rate, daily. I got about 3+ ozs from each plant. Basically followed the RQS guide

royalqueenseeds.com/blog-how-to-grow-autoflowering-cannabis-n83

Only done 3 grows myself but that included 5 Autoflower plants and they all did well for me. Depends on your setup and what you want I guess. For me I have a very small space so the autoflowers worked well tending to grow a little shorter. Yield wise I managed 5oz off 3 small plants on my last grow. Under a 65W quantum board. Plenty for me and a good return on watts consumed. As for potency, two of my strongest ones were autoflowers. The photoperiod grow I did was good and I yielded about the same as with autos and took about the same time. I only vegged for 3 weeks max though and they were both express/fast flowering strains. So my limited experience probably doesn't help much but I didn't find a huge difference between them. One advantage with autos I'd say is that if you only have one grow space you can start a new plant as one is finishing and not worry about light schedules. Last note would be that the photoperiod buds seemed to be a little more compact and neater. Just about to start a CBD auto and then have some photoperiods to do after.

One advantage with autos I'd say is that if you only have one grow space you can start a new plant as one is finishing and not worry about light schedules.
Exactly - this is why I keep a perpetual grow (well, 11 months so far ) with overlapping autos. The ideal schedule in my 2x4 tent is 2 plants out and 2 plants in every month, with 6 plants in three stages of growth at all times. That gives me 4-5 oz per month, which is good use of the space and electricity. I've broken the schedule a bit lately, but that's the general plan... (until I get a second tent to try out flowering photos).

Exactly - this is why I keep a perpetual grow (well, 11 months so far ) with overlapping autos. The ideal schedule in my 2x4 tent is 2 plants out and 2 plants in every month, with 6 plants in three stages of growth at all times. That gives me 4-5 oz per month, which is good use of the space and electricity. I've broken the schedule a bit lately, but that's the general plan... (until I get a second tent to try out flowering photos).
Nice. What I'd do if I had a tent. Doing a single plant in my cabinet this time so if it doesn't fill the space I'll probably start another auto about 3 weeks from the end. See how it plays out.

I get pounds off my photoperiod greenhouse plants. This is my first year with the horizontal growing, so I don't know what my yield will be. These went in the ground as 10 inch plants on June 15th. I just got about $100 worth of auto seeds, but it's more for variety and indoor winter stuff.
DSC02124.JPG

My big outdoor plant got ripped last year, so I like the idea of harvesting before the photoperiod plants go into flower. I'm still going to grow some photos of course (with security cams and motion sensing lights this time). I like variety too.
Last year mine got harvested 3 weeks early because of a hard freeze. 1st time in a dozen years. I am using it for extract and pressing. Luckily I had indoor plants growing because I wanted some more variety. I'm retired and home most of the time. Night is a problem, but my 110 pound Rott goes nuts with reflected light, so if they are using flashlights, they are hurtin'. He's a maniac chasing a laser!

its weird when i think about this because plants under 20 hours lamp light did better or at least the same than plants under 15 hours+ mediterranean sunlight..
maybe sun is better to finish off but i pretty much couldnt see any difference in growing indoor or outdoor.
auto mazar im going to harvest this weekend had the best sun of the year from twilight to sunset and im sure it will harvest same as the lower yielder of my five indoor autos..and shes also in a bigger pot (4gals compared to the 3gals i used indoor)
cant find a pattern and i think it has a lot to do with genetics.
and maybe normal sunlight stuff is much better than indoor stuff, who knows..will try soon!
anyway i grew 8 autos until now and im really happy with them.

I love how plants grow in the weather. The wind makes them much stronger and xmas tree-like, especially indicas. I've been able to compare clones grown in a greenhouse and au naturale, and there is a major difference. The mature outside plant will need less bracing for the buds, than a greenhouse clone.

Cannot complain about anything with Auto's. Use them for years now. From seed to harvest max time needed was 110 days. Shortest after 75 days ready.
Couple results from my last grow. These ones where ready between 84 and 100 days.
DSC02455.JPG
DSC02456.JPG
DSC02690.JPG
IMG_20200731_150634.jpg

70 gr. dry Amnesia Haze auto
IMG_20200731_150857.jpg

68.4 gr. dry Think Different
IMG_20200731_151100.jpg

79gr. dry Think Different

Back
Top Bottom