Auto flowerings strains

I would like to start some northern lights autoflower seeds along with some that arent auto flower, will I need 2 different lights for these?

Photo plants run 18/6 light schedules normally, with a few variations in lighting, but 18/6 seems to be the most common.
Autos usually run the same schedule.

The only difference, is to flower photo strains, you have to change to a 12/12 light schedule, where with autos you leave them on 18/6.

You can definitely do this without a problem, but there is a chance of a slightly reduced yield on the auto, as it'll be receiving less light than normal. But it shouldn't be a big difference at all.

Do you use nutes different for auto flowers? Also My auto has a flowering date of 6 weeks listed by the seed bank does that mean it will start flowering at six weeks or be ready for harvest then? Should I start to flush on the 5th week or just start to ween the nutes down and flush on the 6th week?

No, I use the same nutes for both.

Usually the time listed on autos is time to harvest, but that's under optimum conditions, and most growers say they usually go 2 weeks or more, past that date. I went 17 days past the 60 day harvest the breeder claimed.

You'll want to flush 1-2 weeks before harvest, which you'll have a better idea of as the plant grows, and as the trichomes mature.

I never bother weaning them off the nutes. I just stop and flush when necessary.

Great thanks! I'll keep my finger crossed that it doesn't go to far past so I have it in time for christmass.

Will a 6 week auto most likely start to flower after two weeks? Should I start adding the early flowering nute some time towards the end of the second week?

the northern lights X big bud is a great version of the nl auto strains ..

mine finished in 80 days and i got almost 3 oz.

2014-08-01_20-36-47_658.jpg

i use mh for veg and hps to flower..

check out my signature for new member links..

Im actually doing 1 auto and 3 photos and i started them at the same time on 18/6 light schedule for about a couple months then when my photos got about 2 1/2 feet i put them all together on 12/12 light schedule. My auto maybe has a couple more weeks till shes done. In my opinon i think autos need longer light for the inital veg part and a little in the flower part but then its pretty much over kill.
I have noticed that when i do autos like this with a 12/12 light cycle towards the end it produces more resin and bud swell. You also can get away with growing with 1 kind of light if your on a budget i would go for the hps first but you will have more stretching . I did my auto hps the whole grow except for first week used mh. But it can be done

Back
Top Bottom