Auto Flowers Girl Scout Cookies

GrowingGuru

420 Member
Girl Scout cookie auto flower seeds. Transplanting or starting straight in 5 gallon totes?

I’m aware of overwatering issues growing straight into 5 gallons but I hear it’s suggested with auto flower seeds as long as you’re careful with watering amounts. Thoughts??

I've done both and haven't really noticed a difference but I didn't run into issues. What I mean by that is you could stunt growth witha transplant shock or with miswatering but if both are avoided it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I lean more towards just starting in the 5 gallon but that might be me being lazy. Once I had to transplant from a 5 gal to a 10 with an auto and didn't notice an issue and the transplant was less than smooth. Haha sorry I'm not tons of help. Straight to the 5 is my vote less work same results on opinion.

I've done both and haven't really noticed a difference but I didn't run into issues. What I mean by that is you could stunt growth witha transplant shock or with miswatering but if both are avoided it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I lean more towards just starting in the 5 gallon but that might be me being lazy. Once I had to transplant from a 5 gal to a 10 with an auto and didn't notice an issue and the transplant was less than smooth. Haha sorry I'm not tons of help. Straight to the 5 is my vote less work same results on opinion.
Girl Scout cookie auto flower seeds. Transplanting or starting straight in 5 gallon totes?

I’m aware of overwatering issues growing straight into 5 gallons but I hear it’s suggested with auto flower seeds as long as you’re careful with watering amounts. Thoughts??
I've done both saw no issues but I only transplanted once. I like starting in final pot just me.

For autos, starting in final container is recommended, only transplant if can't be avoided. So, count me in with the others, my vote is 5 gallon (though I don't even do soil grows- the same advice follows for hydro....plant in final container).

Good to hear... in all honesty I am lazy too. LOL I planted 3 seeds today straight into 5 gal totes. Just was worried because I never do this. But god I hate transplanting and I just lost a little seedling recently after transplant so I wanted to see if I can possibly avoid it completely! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom