Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

Does anyone have experience with MH lights and autos during flower cycle? I'm using a MH bulb for the first time over some autos starting to flower and some photos in veg. Will the autos flower properly under a MH?
According to most sources that want to make lots of money they are the best for everything. I recently went into my local Hydro store and was chatting about my 1st grow and mentioned that it was over 6months total and 4months in flower. My guy there said "well what type of lights are you using? Oh that's right LED's. (like he was spitting something out) You should be using the 315 CMH, that's your problem." Horse Shit!!! In my 2x2.5 tent? In my garage that is already running around 80degrees? I don't think so. However, I will give him credit, that cost of the 315CMH is about double the cost of my Black Diamond Perfect Sun Mini's. More commission.

I feel which ever light you choose that is meant for horticultural grows will be awesome. Just make sure it have good Blue and Red spectrum and you're set. Lights are light Opinions, everyone has one and many are crappy, some are pretty decent. You can't go wrong with a MH light for growing or flowering. The problems come in with the cost to run it and the heat it generates that must be exhausted.

According to most sources that want to make lots of money they are the best for everything. I recently went into my local Hydro store and was chatting about my 1st grow and mentioned that it was over 6months total and 4months in flower. My guy there said "well what type of lights are you using? Oh that's right LED's. (like he was spitting something out) You should be using the 315 CMH, that's your problem." Horse Shit!!! In my 2x2.5 tent? In my garage that is already running around 80degrees? I don't think so. However, I will give him credit, that cost of the 315CMH is about double the cost of my Black Diamond Perfect Sun Mini's. More commission.

I feel which ever light you choose that is meant for horticultural grows will be awesome. Just make sure it have good Blue and Red spectrum and you're set. Lights are light Opinions, everyone has one and many are crappy, some are pretty decent. You can't go wrong with a MH light for growing or flowering. The problems come in with the cost to run it and the heat it generates that must be exhausted.
Thanks. I usually use hps for flower room and LEDs for veg. This is the first time using a MH bulb. I was just wondering how the blue light spectrum performs in flower, compaired to the red spectrum of a hps. Was hoping someone has experience in flower with MH. It'll be a good experiment. I've read mixed opions in various articles

Forgot to mention that I have a few Black cream auto plants just about a week into flower. I grew some Dark devil's last year and really liked them. These are also from sweet seeds and look similar to the DD. But are supposed to be a little darker

Recent harvest and 1 yet to harvest. Blueberry Kush, Ice Cool, Purple Kush, and another Ice Cool that will get cut Saturday. The last Ice Cool gets to enjoy it's last days under the new light I built Monday. Plants were some of the smaller I've had recently. The Purple Kush was a real runt. Her flavor makes up for her lack of production. I'll be starting the next round, Blue Dream'matic and Brooklyn Sunrise on July 2nd.

Recent harvest and 1 yet to harvest. Blueberry Kush, Ice Cool, Purple Kush, and another Ice Cool that will get cut Saturday. The last Ice Cool gets to enjoy it's last days under the new light I built Monday. Plants were some of the smaller I've had recently. The Purple Kush was a real runt. Her flavor makes up for her lack of production. I'll be starting the next round, Blue Dream'matic and Brooklyn Sunrise on July 2nd.

would it be impossible growing short compact auto plants like these outdoors in pots in the mediterranean area?? or do you need to keep lights close on them to keep them this short or is it being 20+ hours of light so no rest time to let them stretch?

Not impossible.

The Sun is your best light! In fact, depending on your location, it could be equivalent to two 1000W HIDs in a small area (1m x 1m)!
:passitleft:
hmm i see but the plants in my backyard get direct sunlight from 11am to about 6pm even tho sun rises at 5am and sets 9pm days are 80-90F degrees sunny so would i say my plants are getting 7/17 which is low for an autoflower?? and do the plants stretch/rest when there isnt direct sunlight or it has to be pitch black (total noob just trying to up my knowledge) love the way farsides plants came out short, compact,dense would be awesome for discreet backyard grow

Hey EuRoobudd :passitleft:
I suppose I should take a stab at answering your other question.

do the plants stretch/rest when there isnt direct sunlight or it has to be pitch black

Indirect light is okay. If the plants are getting their minimum DLI (for cannabis, that’s probably around 19 moles, 25 moles/day ideal x 0.75), you shouldn’t see much, if any, stretch related to searching for light. You might still observe heliotropism. :ganjamon:

Generally, Autos don’t pay much attention to light when it comes to flowering. It’s all predetermined in the genes. As long as you can provide an average of 25 moles/day, your plants will be fine. :yummy:

BTW, DLI (moles/day) = PPFD x (hours/day x 3600)/1,000,000
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom