Auto Guerilla Grow - Scotland

Why are the tips of the leaves going brown? What can i do to stop this?

Seems like an over-fert problem. Cut back on your feed. Feeding schedule should be: water; water; feed. Sometimes you can do 3 x water then a feed. Always use at low strength to start with and increase as the plants get bigger. The plants do look a little underwaterd too. One final point - your plant may be suffering from a mg defficiency as the leaves are curling. Mix a tablespoon of epsom salts per gallon of water (or may be a teaspoon) and feed as normal. Epsom salts available from any chemist and cost around about £1 for a small tub (i used this when i had an op for piles and needed a bath with that for pain relief) and you can use it throughout your grow without any negative effects (as far as i know).

Wee update on choosing a site. Went out again today to search the sitea further. Didnt want to go headstrong with one site and make a mistake. Just as well i did. I encountered a dog walker whilst i was out so i now know that the area will be used by some dog walkers and my choice of an initial site was found to be unsuitable. There is a path that leads to it (not really that visible but visible enough) and off that path there are a few other small paths that have been worn away. Upon inspecting down these patha i found 2 bird feeders hanging from trees and both had foos in them so that site is not suitable at all. Checked the one with long grass near some trees and that area can be seen from the path at the top the hill, however, a very similar spot on the other side of those trees is hidden from view and if the grass grows a foot or 2 taller (which it should do) it will be perfect. Only downside is that spot (and the other similar spot) is on a hill that faces north. It not a big steep slope so should still get plenty of sun.
20170519_145743.jpg

A couple of pics of all my babies (the single one (granddaddy purple) gets transplanted into a 2L pot soon as that is getting done on my balcony). Some of the pots now have roots poking through the holes at the bottom so looking to transplant within next 2 weeks. They outside all the time now and stems feel quite stiff so should be good enough to cope with some stronger winds.
20170519_163116.jpg
20170519_163315.jpg

Seems like an over-fert problem. Cut back on your feed. Feeding schedule should be: water; water; feed. Sometimes you can do 3 x water then a feed. Always use at low strength to start with and increase as the plants get bigger. The plants do look a little underwaterd too. One final point - your plant may be suffering from a mg defficiency as the leaves are curling. Mix a tablespoon of epsom salts per gallon of water (or may be a teaspoon) and feed as normal. Epsom salts available from any chemist and cost around about £1 for a small tub (i used this when i had an op for piles and needed a bath with that for pain relief) and you can use it throughout your grow without any negative effects (as far as i know).
I havnt been giving it anything but rainwater. I planted it last friday and checked on it tonight. Its had a very dry week and a thunder storm came through yesterday so got pelted with hailstones too. I have some epsom salts i will try. Do you think i should give it some food? I have fox farm bloom fertilizer. Also i collected grass cuttings put them in a pale, filled it with rainwater and put the lid on and let it cook in the sun for a month. Would this be good nutrients? And if so should i mix a small amount with water?

Planted outdoors at begin of march? That a bit early but it has made it this far. You will need to watch out (if it not an auto) that it doesnt go back to reveg as we approach summer solstice which is a real possibility. Would also explain why it is flowering just now especially there be more dark than light at that time of year. Plants will grow in any soil and will need fed every so often to provide it with the neccessary nutrients for growth. The better the soil the better the growth, obviously more sun helps too.

Its an auto. Iv been experimenting by planting at different times of the year to see what happens. I started it in the greenhouse and in the garden. Now its too big to keep at home so i have planted outdoors. This is what i plan to do with all of them. I have some feminized plants that are not autos. About 6" tall. Do you think these will grow all summer? I beleive the autos only take 3 months is this correct?

Autos can be funny in my opinion. Grown indoors i reckon they can finish in around 70 days. Outdoors 3 months sounds about right. Mine took around 100-100 days last year. Normal photo plants will be lucky to finish in time with our climate. Unless you can get out every 12 hours to cover and uncover them (effectively force-flowering them) for about a week or even 2 weeks then they will flower but not until begin of sept (due to the long days of summer here). You then have a further 8 weeks of flowering meaning that you have to hope for a really dry october so you get the chance to harvest them. If oct is wet then you'll lose a lot to budrot that is why i grow autos outdoors and dont bother with photos.

Ok cool. Im just a beginner and any advice and experience is what im looking for. Iv read autos are easiest for beginners. Which is what i need. As u know im a stoner. Haha. I like easy options with less effort.

My plants are in small pots full of all purpose compost. Some vermiculite and manure mixed in too. At what stage of the plants life should i give it bloom fertilizer?

Well your plants are good for a few weeks with all purpose compost. Most compost is good for around 4-6 weeks before any feed is needed. You also have manure mixed in. What kind of manure? Manure will give added feed right from the start. There is no set time for giving bloom nutes for your girls. They will let you know if they are missing anything by leaves losing colour or getting spots on the leaves that dont look right. Once your plants are in their final stage of flowering then no feed at all is needed, personally i try to get all my big fan leaves and any other leaves to be turning yellow by the end. That means your plants is using up every last bit of energy and anything else stored in those leaves.

Hard to say if your girl will need any nutes. If anything you could add a dose of pk 13/14 which the plant uses during flowering. You could add some bloom fert as well but half strength will be more than enough. Being going from march then i dont imagine they will have any more than 5-6 weeks before they are ready for chopping. Perhaps feed for 3-4 weeks then just plain water till finish but if you do feed go back after 2-3 days after 1st feed and just check for any over-fert problems. There are many charts for you to diagnose an over-fert problem and if you find that it is too much then dont fees again. Best to cut back on any feed that has nitrogen or use feed that is low in nitrogen.

Now back to my grow. I got out today to setup my grow site. I still have to get some soil out so hoping i can do that next week with the help of a friend. If not then i will just plant direct into the ground. My main problem is trying to rid the ground of all the grass so if i can i will hopefully borrow some shears amd trim the grass right down before laying the soil, if i cant borrow some then will pull some of the grass up by hand. The biggest problem with long grass is it gives a pathway for slugs but will use plenty of pellets to keep them at bay. First pic is the site half done with meshing and the next 3 are from different angles once completed.

20170525_111351.jpg

20170525_112949.jpg

20170525_113004.jpg

20170525_113013.jpg

As i got round to securing the last part of the meshing i discovered a problem - how on earth do i get inside the site to lay the plants? I will either redo the site when up with my pal and leave a gap to get in and out or i will carefully try to remove part of the top part of the meshing so i can get in and out. I would have preferred to have made a rectangular shape but i was pushed for time and seen as this is being done pretty much by myself there is only so much i can do. This meshing is vital there as whilst out scouring this site i did see deer in amongst the trees on one visit so the plants need protecting. After the site was completed i had to go to a nearby pathway to see if it was visible. If you look directly at it and really stare then you can see the tops of the meshing but i only think dog walkers will be using this path and they will more than likely be keeping an eye on their dogs and taking in the landscape rather than looking directly in to where my site is. If the grass around grows another 2 feet then it will be completely hidden and there will be no worries.

Back for a recent update. 15 plants now outside in their final home. Had to till the soil a bit and put in a bit of elbow grease but was worth it. Just hoping my not adding compost will hamper growth at all. My pal not on wheels and i didnt want to wait, really needing to shift the plants out of the house, plus now they are out they will get more sunlight.

They all look so tiny and am surprised that these plants have had an extra 2 weeks growth (sown mid april rather than 1st may) but are not any bigger. Most are all starting their 4th node but no side branching or extra shoots to be confident of topping them.

I had to be careful not to step on any of them which i almost did on 2 or 3 occasions, probably not a good idea to smoke some bubble hash half way through, lol. No need to adjust my fencing, there was a gap that i can crawl in and out of and with any luck the rain will hold off during july so that i dont need to cover the site with clear plastic which will be a pain to deal with when i need to attend the plants.

1 last point before any pics (the last 1 is a close up of 1 of the dark devil autos a few days ago) is that i think i may have disturbed an ant colony. After digging one of the plots for an ak49 i noticed a fair few ants kicking about. This, i am hoping, will have no negative effects on that plant or any nearby. I will do some research and if it will cause a problem i will get an ant catcher to solve that problem. As you may see from the pics there is a generous sprinkling of blue slug pellets. Due to not having the tools, time or manpower i had to leave a lot of the long grass in place but pellets will do the job. As extra defence i have scattered pellets around the outer perimeter of the site so only time will tell how the slugs have been kept at bay.

I still have 1 more trip to take out 4 futher plants. 2 x green poison auto and 2 x kc45 (which i will harvest oct/nov as they photos not autos).

20170601_103425.jpg

20170601_110414.jpg

20170601_111633.jpg

20170601_111642.jpg

20170601_111653.jpg

20170528_205616.jpg

All the plants i put outside that were that small got nailed by slugs. Word of warning. Copper tape does the trick. What do u think about my autoflowering plant? I started it at the end of march and its starting to really go for it on the buds. Leaves r turning red too
420-magazine-mobile1496207076.jpg

Plant is looking good. Perhaps give it a good dose of pk 13/14 to help fatten those buds up a bit of it still got a month of growth left, no nitrogen needed now.

Warning for slugs - ha, i learnt the hard way with my first outdoor grow. Cam back to find 2 planta demolished and 1 had 1 blade of a fan leaf left, it made a recovery. The other didnt. I always use pellets now. Went out to the site around half an hour ago to check on them. We have had some heavy rain over the past few days so needed to check how the pellets were holding up. Needless to say i could still see quite a lot of them intact but gave another sprinkling inside the fence and around the outer perimeter for good measure, no slugs will get anywhere near my babies. All are looking good and have grown another node on all plants so now just hoping for a good deal of sunshine to help with growth. No pics as it was dark (could have used a flash) but not much growth to ne noticeable really so decided not to bother. Will be back out in a weeks time so will take some pics then and gonna give them all a good watering with full strength feed and some black treacle.

Back
Top Bottom